Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

With permission from Vasili...a few pics of the internals of these controllers.

I'm planning on doing a review of these controllers in a separate thread after I've "played around" a bit more. I've reviewed a variety of EV related products in the past.

12 fet: Everything is coated in conformal. If there is water incursion, this will protect the electronics. There is a lot of attention to details in this controller. I was instantly impressed when I opened it up. Ceramic insulators, 8 awg wires, conformal, well secured daughter boards, BIG copper traces for power busses. All these are good things.

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2018.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2019.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2020.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2021.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2023.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2025.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2026.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2038.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2039.jpg

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2040.jpg

6 fet: No conformal...after opening up the 12 fet and being delighted by conformal on everything, I really expected it here too.

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%209.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2011.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2012.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2014.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2015.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2016.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2017.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2022.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%2024.jpg

Nucular%206%20fet%20controller%204.jpg

LCD: No conformal here either. The shell is 3D printed instead of molded except for the lense.

Controller%20LCD%20-%20first%20powerup.jpg

Nucular%20LCD%2010.jpg

Nucular%20LCD%208.jpg

Nucular%20LCD%206.jpg

Nucular%20LCD%204.jpg

Nucular%20LCD%203.jpg

VasiliSk said:
lcd shell is molded based on 3d printed model with some processing

Do you plan to offer the molded LCD shell as replacement part?

VasiliSk said:
ElectricGod you've got beta boards of 6F x)

So the final 6F Controller will be coated with conformal too, right ?

When will you go into Display Mold production ?

greets
Notger

Is the cost for multiple controllers always $100 cheaper than the initial cost of the first or is that just for the 12fet?

Do all the controllers work in tandem?

VasiliSk said:
All controllers can be connected to single network

Are you saying I could use 4 controllers via a single LCD? If so, that would be brilliant! I am building a 4WD long board with four controllers. A single LCD and throttle for all of them would be way cool. I was thinking about using the VESC, but IF I can run 4 of your 6 fets in parallel from a single LCD, well that's a far better option.

Long%20board.jpg

VasiliSk said:
Yes..
(for dual - triple - quadro motor designs)

This is good news! I have a pal in the UK that's building a dual motor stand-up scooter. This will be very useful to him too.

Small news while waiting for new batch.
Assembled another 24F prototype inside of SurRon controller casing:
oZoY8OYl.jpg

And of course:
iDJt5mul.jpg

So i have two 24F to run on test bench for full power, but oops:
ZxanvfAm.jpg

Something happen. After fixing this problem i've noticed that my bench just bends under 400A phase... i need a better bench to test for full 500A power.

VasiliSk said:
oZoY8OYl.jpg

And of course:
iDJt5mul.jpg

ZxanvfAm.jpg

Something happen. After fixing this problem i've noticed that my bench just bends under 400A phase... i need a better bench to test for full 500A power.

I'm betting the third phase connection (C) is at the far end of the board. it looks like batt- connects at that center through hole. This isn't the final mosfet layout. You'll mount them vertically. Nice use of ceramic insulators!!! How much capacitance do you have here in large electrolytics? I'm used to 24 fet controllers having a large bank of caps totaling something like 12-14,000uF.

2019-02-12%2016_14_02-oZoY8OYl.jpg%20-%20Windows%20Photo%20Viewer.png

VasiliSk said:
oZoY8OYl.jpg

And of course:
iDJt5mul.jpg

ZxanvfAm.jpg

Congratulations my friend! That's some incredible hotrodding! I love fitting it in the original controller heatsink. :)

Hi, in the Russian forum told me that the PAS can be connected to the controller.

My question:
For the PAS to be limited to 25km/ h and 500W peak, and simultaneously the trhottle to 100% 1500W without limit speed, I think the controller should lower the V. (and W.?), don't I?

some controllers to decrease the pas speed: I think they decrease the amps, while others decrease the volts,
What does this controller use?

I wonder why some controllers say lowering speed, but in reality they don't.

zeccato said:
Hi, in the Russian forum told me that the PAS can be connected to the controller.

My question:
For the PAS to be limited to 25km/ h and 500W peak, and simultaneously the trhottle to 100% 1500W without limit speed, I think the controller should lower the V. (and W.?), don't I?

some controllers to decrease the pas speed: I think they decrease the amps, while others decrease the volts,
What does this controller use?

I wonder why some controllers say lowering speed, but in reality they don't.

Controllers all just connect the motor phase leads briefly to full pack voltage, watch for current to rise, then disconnect from full pack voltage, and repeats this current control cycle over 10,000 times a second. It never gets to reduce pack voltage, nor would that ever matter or help it function, because the motor only responds to current, and the spikes of voltage input filtered through the motors winding/core inductance is what regulate that current.

With motors, think in terms of power rather than volts/amps and things start to make sense.

Thank you, I'd like an answer about that:
I would like PAS limited to 25km/h 500W peak, and at the same time the TRHOTTLE at 1500W without speed limits, does it?

Note: PAS connected to the controller not to the display, i want to leave the display at home, because a programmable display that can increase the speed, in some countries (like mine) is still not legal.

On my clone Infineon have these functions, and it works well so with: 35% PAS (=450W pik), 100% Trhottle (1500W pik).

Thank you, I'm confident that everything will work well, as I asked.

I wish you success

Note: I have found more info on Wiki, thanks.

Back