bluetooth BMS?

multifrag said:
I haven't received the board https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14S...&terminal_id=3be3f71fa87d48d89145a6f99b61f928 yet, but wanted to know If the MCU is 5 or 3.3V tolerant. I haven't ordered the Pc com box as I already own a Serial adapter(FTD1232).

That's an Atmel 328. Now you can go look up the spec sheet.

16-20S%20smart%20BMS%20upgrade%202.jpg

aethyr said:
Has anybody used a BMS like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20S...-app-UART-correspondence-bms/32809939362.html?

Its bluetooth enabled with an android app so you can configure everything in software, as well as monitor pack voltages.

I think I'm going to order it and try it out, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen/used a BMS like this. The only problem is that 50A is below my needs, so I'll use this just for charging. This should be fine, since my controller has LVC and I can actually monitor individual cell voltages from the phone app.

I have ordered 3 of these. Just got the 3rd in the mail and used 2 already. Very neat. I won’t spoil the fun for you if figuring it out unless you want me to. Ha ha. I had fun figuring it out. I’m waiting for my pc connect tool as it has a lot more options for programming. Very very neat. I series2 36v packs for 72v and it works well.

ElectricGod said:
Longlight said:
Is it possible to connect/pair two bluetooth modules to the same Xiaoxiang app on the same phone, and read them independently?

Not at the same time. You disconenct from one to connect to the other.
I have 8 of these smart BMS, I do this pretty often as you can imagine.

I have to connect 2 phones to read them both. You would need 2 Bluetooth adapters and 2 apps. Not possible only for Android.

i have question, i have smart bms 15s, and i order it with only bluetooth dongle, because i see somewhere that i can use arduino as this uart cable and then use pc app to configure bms, this is true? it is possible to use arduino as a usb cable to program bsm?
i also have FT232RL FTDI USB 3.3V 5.5V to TTL Serial Adapter Module

florkk said:
i have question, i have smart bms 15s, and i order it with only bluetooth dongle, because i see somewhere that i can use arduino as this uart cable and then use pc app to configure bms, this is true? it is possible to use arduino as a usb cable to program bsm?

Just get the USB adapter. It's super cheap and why bother reinventing the wheel.

ElectricGod said:
florkk said:

Just get the USB adapter. It's super cheap and why bother reinventing the wheel.
beacuse china have now new year, and if i order now i receive it after 2 months.

Are you in a rush to get your BMS programmed?

I've got a UART box from my BMS. All my projects are on hold until summer anyways.
So if I buy one or two boxes now they should arrive before I continue my Battery.
PM me if you are interested

I'm using one of those Smart BMS with display from the IC GOGOGO guys, the 150A version with display. It is managing a 14s rc lipo pack. It's been working nicely for many months now.

I'm powering a bike that pulls up to 140A at 52v. The current is controlled by a CA3 and a shunt. Lately I got a few short circuit protection cut outs from it, they occur when battery is charged and I push it very hard. Deep snow has been causing it, really heavy starts. I can see this error when I connect to it, both in the log and in the live view, so it's not a low cell or something like that.

The CA never registered more than 120A draw max that session. I've tried raising the short circuit protection delay (default was 600.. something.. it says milliseconds in one place but microsecond in another) but it hasn't done anything going gradually to 900. The short circuit protection power limit is set to 155A. What are your experiences with this setting?

Hi all, Have wired in https://www.aliexpress.com/item/13S...034.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2cb84c4d7XUDAR bluetooth 13s As you can see one of the group of cells is 0.1v below the rest. I have set it to static balance to hopefully rectify that and more accurately balance the rest. I am wondering as the bms seems to balance mostly down when in static rather than charge balance what happens to the heat? Is it so low an amperage that it simply and easily dissipates. Also can it be left on static balance whilst charging or powering the bike.
Parameter settings below

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-06-09-51-50.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-06-09-51-50.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,259
Future reference to people who want to use 3rd party serial adapter like FTD1232. Don't! The VDD is 10.4V. I was lucky and didn't burn my usb chipset in my laptop due to using USB isolator... The bluetooth module has an LDO that's tolerant to 24V. That's the reason why they don't care about higher voltage. I'll gonna try plugging in RX/TX wires after i will receive my dc to dc replacement for Usb isolator. Theoretically you don't need to supply VCC to the chip as it's already powered by the battery. The chip is running of 3.3V. Might be a good idea to switch to 3.3V logic

multifrag said:
Future reference to people who want to use 3rd party serial adapter like FTD1232. Don't! The VDD is 10.4V. I was lucky and didn't burn my usb chipset in my laptop due to using USB isolator... The bluetooth module has an LDO that's tolerant to 24V. That's the reason why they don't care about higher voltage. I'll gonna try plugging in RX/TX wires after i will receive my dc to dc replacement for Usb isolator. Theoretically you don't need to supply VCC to the chip as it's already powered by the battery. The chip is running of 3.3V. Might be a good idea to switch to 3.3V logic

ok so vdd going from pcb are 10.4V ? so if yess then if i use ftdi and dont connect vdd wire, then it should work?

florkk said:
multifrag said:

ok so vdd going from pcb are 10.4V ? so if yess then if i use ftdi and dont connect vdd wire, then it should work?

Don't know. Haven't tested yet as I don't have another USB isolator.

Bluetooth connectivity to app problems.
I have only once been able to get my android phone connected to the bms. It's an rjxzs 8s to 24s. I had my tablet connected once and could control it's parameters and turn it off and on etc. But really I wanted to see cell voltages on my phone.
I have seen a lot of images in this thread where people can do that. My app version doesn't have the option.
I have location turned on Bluetooth has it on the paired list. It just doesn't want to connect. I have tried the xiaoxing (elephant app) as well as a few others from this thread most download but won't open or install regardless of phone permission settings. The elephant app finds a weak signal and hour glasses and I can't press any other button except the fix button. Which does nothing but trying to reconnect. I have tried to download the rxjzxcsz (whatever the f&$@k it is) update and changed settings to allow it to download but won't finish the installation.
LCD screen works and voltages ok. Seems to be balancing away. Blinking lights and power lights and all that on.
I hate this crap. I was hoping that someone had a link to an app that would work straight up. I tuned in at page 28. So I guess I will scroll back from there.
10s1p Lipo on Esk8

@flippy :bigthumb:
I just found VBMS. I risked spending 10 Aussie rubles and I am glad I did. Holy mother f&$@ing son of a.... Downloaded opened and boom! It verks ya it's VERKING!
Worth every penny. Saved me adding this device mistakes pile in the shed.

vipster76 said:
where did you buy the bms from :) i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one!

Aliexpress.com JBP is the best supplier. James is alwaysbthere to help and ships very fast for not much more. I got mine in 5 days from China to Philadelphia

iam freakin out right now....

i have also a 20s BT BMS from JPB/James.

i wanted to use it for a 16s Battery. So in the PC Software/Settings i set it up to 16s.
but it does not show me the last 4 cells.

if i measure at the battery balance wires everything is fine.
2 of the temp sensors (3+4) show me also 140°c what ends in an error. i deactivated them and it works.

i wired from PIN 1 (right)
to the left PINs.

i wonder why they mold the connectors not from right to left without pins left.
another 22s looks different. :/

Merlin said:
iam freakin out right now....

i have also a 20s BT BMS from JPB/James.

i wanted to use it for a 16s Battery. So in the PC Software/Settings i set it up to 16s.
but it does not show me the last 4 cells.

if i measure at the battery balance wires everything is fine.
2 of the temp sensors (3+4) show me also 140°c what ends in an error. i deactivated them and it works.

i wired from PIN 1 (right)
to the left PINs.

i wonder why they mold the connectors not from right to left without pins left.
another 22s looks different. :/

In my experience, reconfiguring a 20s to 16s BMS from James requires:

1) Rewire the cell pins (some pads are joined)
2) Reconfigure software to correct cell number
3) Recalibrate cells voltage reading if they show off values.

Back