TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

i installed v. 0.18.02 yesterday night and today i have done 14km. All it's ok it woks perfectly !!
only small defect if I stop with the foot on the pedal the bike tries to start. This slight defect is common to all the versions I tried but does not affect the use of the bike. I'm very very happy :D thank's

andrea_104kg said:
i installed v. 0.18.02 yesterday night and today i have done 14km. All it's ok it woks perfectly !!
only small defect if I stop with the foot on the pedal the bike tries to start. This slight defect is common to all the versions I tried but does not affect the use of the bike. I'm very very happy :D thank's

I have this problem too (but I'm still back on 0.16).

perryscope said:
Having some issues with v18.0.0 release for KTLCD3. I have been running KTLCD3-v.0.18.0-beta-2 without issue and decided to upgrade to the release.

However, in STVP I get the following when i load the program file...
STVP-v18.0.0.PNG

File Checksum is 0x2DE60F is that correct?

This does not look right , It will upload but the screen refuses to start, when you pres power it just flashes all LCD elements and goes blank.

I switched back to KTLCD3-v.0.18.0-beta-2. and its working fine again.

Has anyone else tested the release yet? have I missed a step? I noticed the v18 release is 1K bigger than the beta 2 91KB vs 90KB

I got this issue with the 18.2 release.

Not sure how to upload a screenshot here?

BrisneyLand said:
perryscope said:
Having some issues with v18.0.0 release for KTLCD3. I have been running KTLCD3-v.0.18.0-beta-2 without issue and decided to upgrade to the release.

However, in STVP I get the following when i load the program file...
STVP-v18.0.0.PNG

File Checksum is 0x2DE60F is that correct?

This does not look right , It will upload but the screen refuses to start, when you pres power it just flashes all LCD elements and goes blank.

I switched back to KTLCD3-v.0.18.0-beta-2. and its working fine again.

Has anyone else tested the release yet? have I missed a step? I noticed the v18 release is 1K bigger than the beta 2 91KB vs 90KB

I got this issue with the 18.2 release.

Not sure how to upload a screenshot here?

Sorry to hear you had problems! It should work. Make sure that you have chosen STM8S105x6 and not STM8S105x4 or anything else when configuring the STVP for the KT-LCD3.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Press Configure and then Configure ST Visual Programmer

In the new window named Configuration you can select STM8S105x6 under the Device list

Everything else should be set to these parameters:

Hardware: ST-LINK
Port: USB
Programming mode: SWIM

Pro tip:

There is a shortcut to selecting the device. Simply find the scroll down menu in the tool bar and select your device. Or press the small button just left of the drop down menu to enter the Configuration menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------

andrea_104kg said:

Glad to hear! :D

That lag is something we will look into.

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
andrea_104kg said:

That lag has been mentioned from a couple of users now the last couple of weeks and is therefore something that will have to be investigated in the future and hopefully solved in future versions.

Thank you all for the feedback!

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
andrea_104kg said:

Do you have "Motor assistance startup without pedal rotation" enabled? That is what is what is supposed to happen with that enabled.

buba said:
andrea_104kg said:

Glad to hear! :D

That lag is something we will look into.

The lag is a different issue with power boost Buba, this is when power boost sometimes does not cut in when pedalling resumes so there is no pedal assist at all for about 3 seconds, and even then when the pedal assist resumes is normal assist not the boost. This is an intermittent fault that I can't find a sequence or logic to.

The resting the foot on pedal and the bike takes off under power boost even though wheel speed must be zero is disabled is another intermittent fault. I mostly remember to keep the wired rear brake on when at the lights in case it happens but like others I've found it to be dangerous, only the other day I was off the bike chatting to a friend with a foot resting on a pedal and the bike decided to try and run her over.

These faults have been present for sometime so I doubt your modifications have anything to do with them.

Hi,

Can I ask is anyone running a 48v motor on a 36v battery? Are there any issues doing that? Or can either motor be run on any voltage 24v-52v?

perryscope said:
Hi,

Can I ask is anyone running a 48v motor on a 36v battery? Are there any issues doing that? Or can either motor be run on any voltage 24v-52v?

It works fine. The 48v motor has more windings which makes it run at a lower rpm but with more torque at any given voltage. So running it with a 36v battery it will run slower than a 36v motor but will be better on hills. Gear selection (bigger chainring) can compensate for this since it is a mid-drive.

Not a single message in 4 days... Are you guys ok lately? :wink:

Firstly thank you for creating the open source firmware - I am going to order the display and equipment and give it a go on my 48v 500w TSDZ2 (fingers crossed!)

I am going to order another TSDZ2 for my partner and wondered if I 'share' one display between the two motors. So I flash LCD and then flash each motor, but then on one bike go back to using the old LCD once settings changed?

Or would this not work?

Thanks again

I am going to order another TSDZ2 for my partner and wondered if I 'share' one display between the two motors. So I flash LCD and then flash each motor, but then on one bike go back to using the old LCD once settings changed?

dont thinck it match ...
for vlcd5 use, go to : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&hilit=TSDZ2

i use 2 tsdz2 motor, one with open source firmware " standard " ( with kt-lcd3 display ), the other one with VLCD5 and modified firmware from marcoq, all works fine .

thineight said:
I am being busy "testing" the firmware -- bellow some pictures of my tests ;)

The true is that the year started with many MTB events and the rate of them will grow up to the spring and summer!! -- I really enjoy them!!

One year ago I did discover TSDZ2 and started the OpenSource firmware for it... this year is the time to test it fully :)

See the the works to build bases for wind turbines, on top of our mountains, to generate our electricity:

it's the same for me :D i'm testing my new bike whit tsdz2 48v and firmware .18.02
i have also a turbo levo 2018, and it's incredible, i really prefere the bike whith tsdz2 :D i get over 850w on the display :D and the shock absorbers are really better on this bike even if old...
I thought about getting a "second bike", but it came too well, in the last days I use only this one and the turbo levo is still, I almost wanted to sell it :D
the only thing that really keeps me is that I do not know if the poor engine will be able to withstand my weight for a long time :(

Attachments

• gt_tsdz22.jpg
    gt_tsdz22.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,700
buba said:
thineight said:

Update coming soon... :wink:

Might as well wait for 19 then :bigthumb:

Small Issue.

When testing walk assist, I noticed that in the highest assist levels if your speed goes over 8km/h then you quickly switch into cruise mode. This without letting go of the down button. I noticed this most when testing the bike on a stand, without any load in higher gears the wheel would speed up quickly up to about 10km/h and then trigger cruise mode which would then (if set to target speed) give me full throttle to reach that speed.

On the bike its less of an issue due to the time it takes to build up speed, but I would have expected that once in WalkAssist mode you could not engage cruise mode just by changing speed?

What do you guys think?

perryscope said:
Small Issue.

When testing walk assist, I noticed that in the highest assist levels if your speed goes over 8km/h then you quickly switch into cruise mode. This without letting go of the down button. I noticed this most when testing the bike on a stand, without any load in higher gears the wheel would speed up quickly up to about 10km/h and then trigger cruise mode which would then (if set to target speed) give me full throttle to reach that speed.

On the bike its less of an issue due to the time it takes to build up speed, but I would have expected that once in WalkAssist mode you could not engage cruise mode just by changing speed?

What do you guys think?

This is something I have thought about. One solution I had was to enable Cruise at speeds over 10 kph (around 6 mph) and walk assist at speeds under 8 kph (around 5 mph). But I wanted to keep Cruise active at speeds from 8 kph (around 5 mph) so that users have the possibility to cruise around at slower speeds. So that solution was discarded.

But another solution is to not activate Cruise if Walk Assist is activated and vice versa. The user would have to re-press the down button to enable Cruise, and vice versa. I can implement this in the coming 0.19.0.

Appreciate feedback as always!

buba said:
perryscope said:
Small Issue.

What do you guys think?

This is something I have thought about. One solution I had was to enable Cruise at speeds over 10 kph (around 6 mph) and walk assist at speeds under 8 kph (around 5 mph). But I wanted to keep Cruise active at speeds from 8 kph (around 5 mph) so that users have the possibility to cruise around at slower speeds. So that solution was discarded.

But another solution is to not activate Cruise if Walk Assist is activated and vice versa. The user would have to re-press the down button to enable Cruise, and vice versa. I can implement this in the coming 0.19.0.

Appreciate feedback as always!

Yes I think that will be better. I had considered also maybe having a setting to define the cross over speed in the menu? At times when moving slowly over tricky single-track rutted terrain I have found cruise useful to keep me rolling while keeping pedals flat and clear of the ruts. Also when navigating slippy cobbles. I mentioned this a bit here

https://empoweredpeople.co.uk/2019/01/28/experimenting-with-the-tongsheng-tsdz2-mid-drive-system-part-2

At the moment I find I may be just under 8kph and get WalkAssist other time just over and get Cruise. So it would be nice to fine tune that cross over point.

Just a thought. Is holding down the plus button used for anything? The minus is pretty much a universal standard for walk assist. Since cruise control is a new feature, how about using the plus button so they don't conflict?

Good night, I think it's a good option, more cruise button and button less assistance on foot.u :bigthumb:

perryscope said:
buba said:
Yes I think that will be better.

Done! Walk Assist and Cruise are now slightly safer. Coming in version 0.19.0!

perryscope said:
I had considered also maybe having a setting to define the cross over speed in the menu? At times when moving slowly over tricky single-track rutted terrain I have found cruise useful to keep me rolling while keeping pedals flat and clear of the ruts. Also when navigating slippy cobbles. I mentioned this a bit here

https://empoweredpeople.co.uk/2019/01/28/experimenting-with-the-tongsheng-tsdz2-mid-drive-system-part-2

At the moment I find I may be just under 8kph and get WalkAssist other time just over and get Cruise. So it would be nice to fine tune that cross over point.

I have worked really(!) hard to optimize the code for size and to make this new version the best ever. The good news is that the optimizations have been successful. The bad news is that there is still limited amount of space for me to add more functions and features. I would love to add that but can not promise anything. This space limitation is sadly really time consuming as I constantly need to optimize, validate and check for size.

Enjoyed reading the article and getting to understand how helpful Walk Assist and Cruise can be in different situations. Those can be improved even more in the future as they are mainly implemented in the TSDZ2 controller.

I am away over the weekend but afterwards there will hopefully be an official beta version and more updates on the changes. Followed by a great discussion on what to improve from the community!

Back