the problems you've encountered should disappear

zappan said:
Hello grecoa, I suggest you adopt these values ​​in the configuration:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

It´s a lot of power to a mountain bike...I use this gear: 34-11/36 and I use 30/70/140/300. I think more power must be only to road bike...

ashrambo said:
zappan said:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

It´s a lot of power to a mountain bike...I use this gear: 34-11/36 and I use 30/70/140/300. I think more power must be only to road bike...

I am using the values from the original information from marcoq, they are:
4013 - 8 //0.8 - 16% = hex 08
4014 - 16 //1.6 - 32% = hex 10
4015 - 30 // 3.0 - 60% = hex 1E
4016 - 50 // 5.0 - 100% = hex 32

Can you explain how your values compare to these?
Thank you.

Hi,

I have recently flashed my 48v motor directly with Marcoq’s Java Interface. The only parameters I changed from the default is
Motor = 48v
Battery cells = 13 (I have 13s4p)
Max battery power = 646 watt
Battery low voltage cut off = 39.0

I did not change the wheel diameter even though I have 700c. Will entering the VLCD5 hidden menu still change the wheel diameter or is it set at the default 2083mm in the interface?

The things I noticed are it feels faster and more responsive and continually pushes through each of the gears. When stopped, if I rest my foot on the pedal any slight movement will cause the motor to engage, its very sensitive.
I have the issue of not being able to wheel the bike backwards unless I turn the motor off and put the bike in the highest gear.

How is the Offroad mode turned off. When I pressed the lights button it did not set the 25kph / 250w limits, is this the correct way to turn it on? Or does the VLCD5 menu override the settings of the motor if the limit is turned off in the hidden menu?

Is there any other parameters that I need to change for a 48v motor?

Overall I am much happier with the performance now over the original firmware. Well done to all who assisted in developing this.

grecoa said:
ashrambo said:
zappan said:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

Thank you.

hello, because you do not use directly the java configurator of marcoq ver 1.4 he programs directly, you just have to pay attention to the extra 0 that he creates in the .ini file, it was mentioned in the post.

Minatauro said:
Hi,

I have recently flashed my 48v motor directly with Marcoq’s Java Interface. The only parameters I changed from the default is
Motor = 48v

- OK

I did not change the wheel diameter even though I have 700c. Will entering the VLCD5 hidden menu still change the wheel diameter or is it set at the default 2083mm in the interface?

- NO

The things I noticed are it feels faster and more responsive and continually pushes through each of the gears. When stopped, if I rest my foot on the pedal any slight movement will cause the motor to engage, its very sensitive.
I have the issue of not being able to wheel the bike backwards unless I turn the motor off and put the bike in the highest gear.

- It is sensitive

How is the Offroad mode turned off. When I pressed the lights button it did not set the 25kph / 250w limits, is this the correct way to turn it on? Or does the VLCD5 menu override the settings of the motor if the limit is turned off in the hidden menu?

- The VLCD5 menu takes precedence over the motor settings

- NO

Overall I am much happier with the performance now over the original firmware. Well done to all who assisted in developing this.

ashrambo said:
zappan said:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

Actually for off road are really high, but in my laps I did not have the problems that said Grecoa, on the other bike with LCD3 use less performing values, maybe you have to take a middle ground.

Minatauro said:
Hi,

Motor = 48v

Hi Minatauro
I am not sure what the wheel diameter setting in the code does, I do not think that it changes the spped shown on VLCD5. I have set my 29 inch wheel diameter to 2170mm in the Data Memory code and set VLCD5 to 29 inch wheel but the speed that is shown is high. I have to set VLCD5 to smaller wheel size to get correct speed on speedometer. So I think that changing wheel size on VLCD5 will change the speed shown on the speedometer.
After I changed the wheel size on VLCD5 I checked the Data Memory line 4007 & 4008 but they were not changed.
I think that lines 4011 & 4012 may need to be altered as they may be currently set for VLCD6? But I do not understand how they are used.

zappan said:
grecoa said:
ashrambo said:
zappan said:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

Thank you.

hello, because you do not use directly the java configurator of marcoq ver 1.4 he programs directly, you just have to pay attention to the extra 0 that he creates in the .ini file, it was mentioned in the post.

Zappan
Can you show me a link to the marcoq post that you talk about please?

Zappan

https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=11

zappan said:
Zappan

https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=11

:thumb:

Marcoq, Do you think to release a new version? Can we help you? Thanks for your work.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950 mediante Tapatalk

ashrambo said:
Marcoq, Do you think to release a new version? Can we help you? Thanks for your work.

Hello ashrambo.
I'm working to release a new version that will allow the use of Street Mode, Power Boost and Lights with VLCD6 without one function excluding the other. I am also optimizing the use of the walk assit function. I still need a few days and then I will release the revision 0.2.0 of the java configurator. :D

Hi there ! I'm new in the forum and I came across this amazing work around the open source firmware for the Tsdz2 motor that I'm considering in buying for my first ebike project.

I was wondering if firmware build by Marcoq would work using the XH18-LCD ? I like its smaller form factor more and it seems to have more features than the VLCD5.

Thank you.

ioExpander said:
Hi there ! I'm new in the forum and I came across this amazing work around the open source firmware for the Tsdz2 motor that I'm considering in buying for my first ebike project.

I was wondering if firmware build by Marcoq would work using the XH18-LCD ? I like its smaller form factor more and it seems to have more features than the VLCD5.

Thank you.

The firmware works in all VLCD and XH18 displays, but marcoq developed it thinking in the VLCD6 display. It´s probably that any options and buttons doesn´t work as marcoq has it thinked because The XH18 display has other buttons. But the firmware works without problems with the motor.

Thank you for creating this, I have the Vlcd5 & would like to try it.

Do you have instructions on how to do this?

Do I need to flash the TSDZ2 motor?

How do I connect VLCD5 to computer to update firmware?

Many Thanks for your help

itsallwhite said:
Thank you for creating this, I have the Vlcd5 & would like to try it.

Do you have instructions on how to do this?

Do I need to flash the TSDZ2 motor?

How do I connect VLCD5 to computer to update firmware?

Many Thanks for your help

You need an STLinkV2 or clone programmer and a cable to program only the TSDZ2 motor controller
Link : https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Flash-the-firmware-on-TSDZ2
Install the ST Visual Programmer, SDCC and Java software on the PC.
Then you just need to use Java software “TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.16.C_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_Beta_0.1.4” di Marcoq :mrgreen:

marcoq said:
ashrambo said:

Hello ashrambo.
I'm working to release a new version that will allow the use of Street Mode, Power Boost and Lights with VLCD6 without one function excluding the other. I am also optimizing the use of the walk assit function. I still need a few days and then I will release the revision 0.2.0 of the java configurator. :D

:bigthumb:

Thank You marcoq !!

I have several of these ( TSDZ2 ) motors installed on different bikes. Some with different versions of the opensource firmware, and two with the "stock" firmware ( just one now). I recently installed vM0.16.C and Configurator_Beta_0.1.4 on a cargo bike with 48v motor, 52v battery and VLCD-6, and it is absolutely my favorite configuration.

Thanks again marcoq !

Oooooh yeah.... great job on this. This is very much appreciated, a lot of people have been requesting this for a while... makes it so much easier to experience the upgraded motor functions. I have the 36v dialed in real good! Very happy with it. I am playing with the settings some for 48v/52v now.

Let me ask you this... what do you think about finding an alternate port for the temp sensor signal, and slightly modifying the code, so people can have the temp sensor function while still using the throttle. How much of a pain would that be? :D

Thanks again for your work on this!

eyebyesickle said:
Oooooh yeah.... great job on this. This is very much appreciated, a lot of people have been requesting this for a while... makes it so much easier to experience the upgraded motor functions. I have the 36v dialed in real good! Very happy with it. I am playing with the settings some for 48v/52v now.

Let me ask you this... what do you think about finding an alternate port for the temp sensor signal, and slightly modifying the code, so people can have the temp sensor function while still using the throttle. How much of a pain would that be? :D

Thanks again for your work on this!

Hello eyebyesickle
Thank you for the suggestion, in the future I can make the change, but for the moment I'm working to optimize some functions that can be controlled by the OEM display. :D

Hi guys.
I released the new Controller firmware M0.16.D and the Java Configurator Beta 0.2.0.
In Readme.md file you will find some information about new implementations.
I remind you that the project was developed for the VLCD6 display, but it could also work for the VLCD5 and XH18 .... you will have to test.
Not all features have been debugged and tested, I leave this work to you! :D

marcoq said:
Hi guys.
I released the new Controller firmware M0.16.D and the Java Configurator Beta 0.2.0.
In Readme.md file you will find some information about new implementations.
I remind you that the project was developed for the VLCD6 display, but it could also work for the VLCD5 and XH18 .... you will have to test.
Not all features have been debugged and tested, I leave this work to you! :D
Thank you for your work!!!

marcoq said:
Thank you!
perhaps you can add the link to your githup repo to your signature! I always have to search for it, when I want to take a look at your new releases :wink:

regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
marcoq said:
Thank you!
perhaps you can add the link to your githup repo to your signature! I always have to search for it, when I want to take a look at your new releases :wink:

regards
stancecoke

You're right stancecoke ...... I'm always in a hurry I forgot to post the github link !!! :D :D :D

Back