Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

can someone remind me what exactly power boost is please? to know if i should have it enabled or disabled.

Minatauro said:
can someone remind me what exactly power boost is please? to know if i should have it enabled or disabled.

Power boost adds extra power when you start or resume pedaling. You can set a boost amount for each pedal assist level and you can set a duration for how long the boost is in effect before it ramps down to the selected regular assist level. There is a more complete description KT-LCD3 operation on the wiki.

marcoq said:
eyebyesickle said:
Oooooh yeah.... great job on this. This is very much appreciated, a lot of people have been requesting this for a while... makes it so much easier to experience the upgraded motor functions. I have the 36v dialed in real good! Very happy with it. I am playing with the settings some for 48v/52v now.

Let me ask you this... what do you think about finding an alternate port for the temp sensor signal, and slightly modifying the code, so people can have the temp sensor function while still using the throttle. How much of a pain would that be? :D

Thanks again for your work on this!

Hello eyebyesickle
Thank you for the suggestion, in the future I can make the change, but for the moment I'm working to optimize some functions that can be controlled by the OEM display. :D

As I recall, Casainho and others spent a considerable amount of time looking for an ADC on the controller board to hook up the heat sensor to. Unfortunately, the throttle was the only one available. You probably don't want to sacrifice the torque sensor. If someone knows of another ADC that is unused, that would be great.

Hi Marcoq

Thank you for your brilliant work with the software! :bigthumb:

Can you tell me do the Data Memory options and values stay the same with the new version software or do they change.
If they change do you have a document that shows the detail?

Also, I find with my system when I am riding If I turn assistance level to "Off" there is considerable resistance from the motor, is this correct?

Thank you

grecoa said:
Hi Marcoq

Can you tell me do the Data Memory options and values stay the same with the new version software or do they change.

Also, I find with my system when I am riding If I turn assistance level to "Off" there is considerable resistance from the motor, is this correct?

Thank you

Hello grecoa.
Programming by java configurator, all DM data are always cleared, for data detail clik "help" button on java configurator. :D

Marcoq, Would there be a possibility to redefine the buttons to be compatible with the XH18 ?.

I understand that the VLCD6 has 3 buttons (assist +, assist-, off / on) and the XH18 has 4 (assist +, assist-, off / on, information).

Using the assist-button with any combination is more complicated with the XH18 control ...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950 mediante Tapatalk

marcoq said:
grecoa said:
Hi Marcoq

Thank you

Hello grecoa.
Programming by java configurator, all DM data are always cleared, for data detail clik "help" button on java configurator. :D

Thank you
I have found and read the Help document.
I have also managed to get java Configurator working (Path not set correctly :oops: )

The java configurator is very easy to use! :bigthumb:

Any idea why I feel resistance from motor when assist level is set to "Off"? I am using VLCD5

Also, I have one VLCD5 system that sometimes does not turn on, just flashes the display and turns off, it can take 3 or 4 attempts to turn on. I see on your other forum that you plan to make a small delay when power on to allow code more time to load? Any idea when you may do this? I would be interested to try.

Thank you again!

grecoa said:
marcoq said:
grecoa said:
Hi Marcoq

Thank you

Hello grecoa.

Thank you
I have also managed to get java Configurator working (Path not set correctly :oops: )

Any idea why I feel resistance from motor when assist level is set to "Off"? I am using VLCD5

Also, I have one VLCD5 system that sometimes does not turn on, just flashes the display and turns off, it can take 3 or 4 attempts to turn on. I see on your other forum that you plan to make a small delay when power on to allow code more time to load? Any idea when you may do this? I would be interested to try.

Thank you again!

Hello grecoa.
I will soon release the new version of the firmware and java configurator! :wink:

marcoq said:
grecoa said:
marcoq said:
grecoa said:
Hi Marcoq

Thank you

Hello grecoa.

Thank you

Thank you again!

Hello grecoa.
I will soon release the new version of the firmware and java configurator! :wink:

That's fantastic marcoq
I wait with interest! :D

Im excited to try the new version when my speed cable arrives to flash the motor - I am using VlCD5. Thanks for everything you are doing Marcoq, I really appreciate it.

I've just purchased the Tsdz2 with VLCD6. Hopefully I'll soon be able to flash it and contribute to this opensource firmware :)

ashrambo said:
Marcoq, Would there be a possibility to redefine the buttons to be compatible with the XH18 ?.

I understand that the VLCD6 has 3 buttons (assist +, assist-, off / on) and the XH18 has 4 (assist +, assist-, off / on, information).

Using the assist-button with any combination is more complicated with the XH18 control ...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950 mediante Tapatalk

So I guess it's impossible to change the button assignment, I would be interested in changing the help button- for the information button, the XH18 has this button and the VLCD6 does not.

XH18
button assist- 2" = assist walk mode on
button i 2" = odo / trip
button power 2" = lights on/off
button power + i 2" = setting options

VLCD6
button assist+ 2" = assist walk mode on
button assist- 2" = backlight on/off
button i 2" = odo / trip
button power 2" = lights on/off
button assist- + assist+ 2" = setting options

HTB1KgKwSpXXXXXBapXX760XFXXXE.png

HTB13AKMSpXXXXafXVXX760XFXXXo.png

HTB1AAWWSpXXXXXnXFXX760XFXXX1.png_.webp

I already solved the problem of the continuous power off with the XH18 display and this firmware, I had to activate the VLCD6 option always on.

No combination of keys works with the XH18 display ...

Another thing that I have changed has been to give more power to the walk assist mode, in the mountains and uphill it has no power, and the problem is that I use this mode when there is a lot of slope and a lot of stone and I need power ....
but although I put high values, I do not see much improvement ... any solution?

my settings

ashrambo said:
I already solved the problem of the continuous power off with the XH18 display and this firmware, I had to activate the VLCD6 option always on.

Another thing that I have changed has been to give more power to the walk assist mode, in the mountains and uphill it has no power, and the problem is that I use this mode when there is a lot of slope and a lot of stone and I need power ....

my settings

Just beginning to play with this in the xh18. Been pouring rain here, so have not tested yet. It all worked fine with the vlcd-5 display though.... When you enable continuous on, does this mean as soon as the battery is on, the system is always on?

I would prefer that doesn't happen, although I think this would be a good function for splicing a wireless alarm into the wire to the display, so it would automatically turn on when you hit the key fob, instead if still pressing the power button afterwords....

A side note... Out of all the display, I have had problems with the xh18 malfunctioning... Sometimes after mild use, or right out of the box, it will have a glitch where it won't turn all the way off, and the screen is scrambled. I wonder if a glitch is contributing to any problem where you have to enable that option? Although the specific issues you face don't necessarily sound related...

I have just built my third system, they are all 36v 350W using VLCD5 display and "TDSZ2_Controller_vM0.16.C.Hex" firmware.
The first bike is now working well.
Second bike (built for my wife) 50% of the time will not turn on, VLCD5 just flashes on momentarily then goes blank. When it does turn on it works OK but does not feel to have as much power as the first bike even though all settings are the same?
I think marcoq may be working on a fix for "will not turn on" in next release?
Third bike (built for my brother in law) will not turn on at all with marcoq firmware and I have had to reinstall original firmware..........
I do not understand why one system works OK and the others do not? All the motors were bought at the same time so should be the same. :confused:

ashrambo said:

my settings

For more walk assist power increase walk assist current!!! :wink:

marcoq said:
ashrambo said:

my settings

For more walk assist power increase walk assist current!!! :wink:

Thanks marcoq. It was obvious that walk assist current power was the data to change ...

I know I am insistent, but Is there any way to change the button assigment?. As I told you in the XH18 we can only play with the power button and the information button. Thanks

Anyway,
eyebyesickle, I suffered the power off randomly. I do not know if it is a problem cause XH18 display does not detect the motor/wheel flag signal as the VLCD6 display. I get solved with the VLCD6 always on.

elem said:
Soo, the last configurator is stable ?

I can say it is. I use the XH18 display and I can use this firmware without problems.

I have not a VLCD6 display and I don´t know if all the buttons settings are working (boost mode/offroad...)

elem said:
Soo, the last configurator is stable ?

I am having problems with system not powering on, VLCD5 screen flashes on then goes blank. I tried new firmware and the problem appeared to be worse so I have gone back to first version :confused:
Have changed setting to VLCD6 Always On as ashrambo suggested but I think that for him it fixes the random power off issue?

I am hoping marcoq will have a fix for not powering on issue. :wink:
Does anyone else have this problem??

I have built 3 systems and the strange thing is that one system (my bike), is working well, the other 2 have the problem :? :confused:

ok, i will move to " configurator " and will see what happen ...
It s easier to configure walk assist with configurator i thinck .

Grecoa, do you tried to reprogram with 00 all tab firstly ? ( before reprogramming ) .

on the other thread someone had this kinnd of problem and clearing all tab with 00 ( defaut tab in stvisual programmer at startup before reading existing tab ) had solved his problem .

elem said:
Grecoa, do you tried to reprogram with 00 all tab firstly ? ( before reprogramming ) .

on the other thread someone had this kinnd of problem and clearing all tab with 00 ( defaut tab in stvisual programmer at startup before reading existing tab ) had solved his problem .

Thanks elem, that sounds like a good idea. I was looking for an option to erase existing data before programing but did not see one. Your suggestion of programing with 00 will do that. I will try later today. :)

Yesterday we went out for 26 miles (41km) of forest tracks. My bike performed very well, no problems. My wife's bike worked OK (have to pres power on several times before power up :( ), but has much less power than my bike, the motor is same as mine and program memory and data memory are the same. The only difference is my bike is 29inch wheel and hers is 26inch wheel, but this should not be an issue as it is the overall gearing that is important. Even when we are in a like for like gear (same distance traveled for each turn of the pedal) mine has much more power and the initial boost feels stronger.
Does anyone have any idea why this should be??
I will try elem's suggestion and report back. :?

Look what casinho is saying on the other thread, is wife human power is less than is own, as the motor is using torque ( human power ) and assist is a ration of this, it s normal that someone with less human power can t reach the same power than stronger ppl .
must put a stronger ratio asssist lvl on your wife controleur .

elem said:
Look what casinho is saying on the other thread, is wife human power is less than is own, as the motor is using torque ( human power ) and assist is a ration of this, it s normal that someone with less human power can t reach the same power than stronger ppl .
must put a stronger ratio asssist lvl on your wife controleur .

elem, I understand what you are saying, but when I ride her bike I feel much less power.??

Back