I Sure had Build Fever as a kid

Dauntless

100 TW
https://www.instructables.com/id/Power-Loader-Costume-1/

Too big a pic for the post, if you gotta see it it's a portable forklift suit, or at least a costume you can build. My thought is what's the point unless it's WORKING. Like the comic book submarine you could send away for as a kid and everybody was planning to turn theirs into a REAL submarine. Until it arrived and it was cardboard. But if I got one I was already messing around with the fiberglas resin and my own home recycled reinforcement, damn if those parents knew half the messy, dangerous stuff I was playing around with in grade school. I've seen pictures of two versions of the sub, neither one of them looks half bad, even for cardboard.

comic_book_submarine-thumb.jpg
polaris-nuclear-sub-comic-book-submarine-toy_1_694de1c2618b93f13ffc11556ad2eaa3.jpg

What else would have been good to turn in to "REAL?" Anything YOU wanted to turn into the real thing? The tank for two kids? How about a potato gun for the cannon?

The jet spaceship? Or maybe even the Aerojet Training Spaceship Trainer? Just like NASA must have used, right? Dang, find an open lot and you can move into that thing. So I'd be wanting it back when I finished high school.

All this stuff takes up a lot of room. But I'm finding these guys online building their own cardboard submarine, not for their kids but for themselves. And they STILL take up a lot of space.

Are you STILL wanting one of these of your own?

tank-1965.jpg
dfd9e218e97b75d147dbcc5ecc84dc0b--vintage-comics-vintage-toys.jpg
11991514064_b77f6fc8c3_c.jpg

Back