Do you want enough room to place a battery inside the "triangle"

markz

100 TW
Well then your answer is "SOFT RIDE"

Have fun!
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=softride+road+bicycle&t=ffab&atb=v151-5__&iax=images&ia=images

or... the modrenn state of the phaart answear:

ici la Flaco rakesh.
Falco.jpg

there's bunches of Carbon-V lookalike wannabees ucan find on daweb.
including sum czechoslovakian dude's handbuilt layup he slapped on Ferrari decals & logo for no apparant reason.

honestly the only reason softride even exists wuz to circumvent UCI rules at the time which they rewrote to outlaw it anyways & the company promptly folded.
without artificial restrictions (that ebikes aren't shackled with like those deepvee rims for another) is why you don't see anyone pick up the mantle to champion mass producing an otherwise structurally compromised form factor (ask chalo).
looks cool tho.

The very first e-bike I ever built-- back in the 1990s-- used a Softride beam. I made the frame for the job, from a section of teardrop cross-section sailboat mast. Thirty Sanyo NiCd D cells were stuffed up into the frame boom. The front wheel was a flat carbon disc with a GaAs photovoltaic array on it, and the rear wheel was laced to an 800W Heinzmann hub motor. I used a 700C Manitou suspension fork, when that was a very exotic item.

Instead of putting batteries in the space under the Softride beam, there was a second GaAs photovoltaic array on a carbon/Kevlar layup. Combined, the two panels provided 100W of charging power in full Texas sun.

The guy I built the bike for was intent on having all that high tech stuff. At the time, I didn't think an electric bike would ever be something I wanted for myself.

Wikipedia :

"Czechoslovakia, or Czecho-Slovakia[1] (/ˌtʃɛkoʊsloʊˈvækiə, -kə-, -slə-, -ˈvɑː-/;[2][3] Czech and Slovak: Československo, Česko-Slovensko[4][5]), was a sovereign state in Central Europe that existed from October 1918, when it declared its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until its peaceful dissolution into the Czech Republic and Slovakia on 1 January 1993"

No CSSR anymore for 25 years 😉

1998 Rocky Mountain Element has a ton of space for a triangle battery.
It has the rear shock, parallel to the top bar.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1998+Rocky+Mountain+Element&t=ffab&atb=v151-1&iax=images&ia=images

At least two!

Dursley_Pedersen_ca_1910_bicycle.jpg

Back