MiniSpotA spot welder

rojitor

100 kW
This new thread has been split off from the "Boss spot welder" thread, found here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=89076

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riw4qq0_dLc
[youtube]Riw4qq0_dLc[/youtube]

It seems that Lee has improved the dremel size spotwelder.
This is the MiniSpotA. Right now he is selling It only at Korea but he will ship worldwide soon.
A 18650 cell aside for size referencie
117grcy.png
new review is on the way.

Even though this welder is new the creator has been working on it for some time. He did other prototypes.

View attachment 4

2.jpg

View attachment 2

4.jpg

5.jpg
This is the 2015 prototype in action:
[youtube]9SxOxlckQU8[/youtube]

And this is the current version:

View attachment 9

7.jpeg

View attachment 7

View attachment 6

20181222_090633.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aulakiria. THIS IS NOT A SALES THREAD. And i have no profit nor gain with this, i just think it's a nice thing and i am sharing it with you. If you are interested on buying one just mail him saying you want one here aulakiria@naver.com that's his paypal account as well. If you mail him be brief and use only perfect academic understandable english. Something google translator can deal with.
The prices are :
MinispotA 60$ usd
Paypal fees 3.5%, Usd-krw Exchange fees 3%…It is double charged so please consider the option send money to family/friend

shipping method

Global RR (KOREA post registered airmail) : $15 (20~40 business days)

Global EMS fee : most $27 (10~15 business days)

U.K (Great British) : $33

Italy : $38

https://m.blog.naver.com/aulakiria/220992039512

rojitor said:
I will.... Stay tuned

I'd like to try the MiniSpotA ! Looking forward to availability.

It is not. Lee is selling them only at Korea. If he sees some interest then will ship It worldwide. He has sent me one, will arrive this week. I'll make a review as soon as this damn flu goes away.

On the U.K forum there are a few I believe who would buy one if it became available and if price was attractive and not just U.K residents but some members in the E.U.

Looking forward to your review, get well soon ( flu in Spain who would have guessed ).
Looks like we over hear may be having a mini heatwave end of this week. temperatures expected to be in to the high teens possibly territory we are not used to in winter for February.

rojitor said:
It is not. Lee is selling them only at Korea. If he sees some interest then will ship It worldwide. He has sent me one, will arrive this week. I'll make a review as soon as this damn flu goes away.

Sorry to read, the flu is awful. Looking forward. No hurry, I have others.

What a fantastic bit of kit rojitor, looks like a great replacement for my pre-historic Sunkko brick-hope they become available to the UK sometime in the near future. :D

Hsome fellas need multiple welders. I can have two or more for the price if a single junk Sunnko!

True. He is selling the MiniSpotA for 60$ USD. You still need a lipo and a charger. If you own them already it's dirt cheap. Even if you don't ....It will be cheaper than most Big ac spot welders.

I've just tested copper. The results were not expected at all.
[youtube]9EMc0ZXYtC4 [/youtube]

Testing 0.05 copper on steel. It worked surprisingly well! The boss welder can't do 0.05 properly because It breaks the strip.
I still need to figure out how to cool down the welder but it's definitely 0.05 copper capable
[youtube]HTnpm8mupyc [/youtube]

Even though the results look amazing the settings were absurdly high. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. At least not out of the box. The heat rises so fast that the death of the machine is almost certain.
Copper welding needs multi-stage to make decent welds at reasonable settings. Since the MiniSpotA lacks multi-stage the settings for 0.1 are astronomical. Even if i success cooling it down it's not 0.1 capable.

2j332w9.jpg

0.05 results. If i manage somehow to tame the heat the machine is 0.05 copper capable, surpassing the Boss welder on that task.

118g3tt.jpg

0.1 results. Just tested for science.

rojitor said:
True. He is selling the MiniSpotA for 60$ USD. You still need a lipo and a charger. If you own them already it's dirt cheap. Even if you don't ....It will be cheaper than most Big ac spot welders.

Ready to pay...

Mine got hot after 30 welds in a row using 0.20 pure nickel
I didn't notice a quick heat rise using 0.15
I think you can make any pack using 0.15
I am working on a cooling mod. Let's see...
Out of the box i recommend It for 0.15mm only. I have posted a tiny modification below to use it with 0.2mm

Helo guys,

I bought Aulakiria a MiniSpotA, he sent it to me very quickly, and informed me very well about the battery to use, etc.
I am very happy with my purchase, many thanks to him and Mojitor for introducing us to people of this quality.
I will present my realization as soon as possible.
:D :bigthumb:

I have been testing a way to cool the device keeping the size and price.
The fets are stuck to the aluminium plate with some thermal silicone paste. Those things require to cure to transfer the heat properly so it will work better after a few hundred welds.

the heat is very present there
heat.jpg
for the spot where you place the finger just a piece of wood (icecream stick) and some shrink will do. No more heat.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

For the plate i got a copper ram heatsink. They are inexpensive and available at any computer store. Even online can be bought for very few bucks. https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Disi...573.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.733a63c02q69LN

5.jpg
[youtube]2vEe2MB-p78[/youtube]
the video is quite long and boring so in short:
I have tested 0.2mm pure nickel at 8ms 1sec delay. I did 50 welds in a row. Actually no one welds that fast when building a battery pack without professional tools so you can make more than 50 welds. Maybe an entire pack depending on size.
I pushed to the limit the welder when taping the video, please don't do that. You should stop when the temperature is above 45º celsius.
With the piece of wood and the ram heatsink any user might do a pack using 0.2 nickel. If it gets too hot let it rest for a while or place it near a fan or cold place and then you can resume the task. The purpose of this device is to be as cheap and small as possible and that has been achieved for sure. Fast performance is none of its virtues. If you need a fast job with big packs do not buy this welder, the boss welder is easy to cool and works faster.
So yeah, this device is 0.2 capable if you are not in a rush to build a pack. Many big ac spot welders can't do 0.2mm so it makes it even more impressive. I am loving it :)

Back