Alarm integration with Kelly controller 7230s

Possible to integrate this alarm with a Kelly controller 7230s?

My main issue is that to utilise a controller tray of a Vector Typhoon, I’m limited in space and the Kelly fit’s perfect.

Attachments

• JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,728
It can be done, but you'll need some sort of 12v constant. I can't tell if this alarm is 12v or ??? from the pics.

I know there are a few 36v to 72v "bicycle" alarms on Aliexpress that should work without a problem. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Int...93-4bd9-922b-e765fb6907c5&transAbTest=ae803_3 Personally I'd go for one of these as opposed to a 12v alarm.

If the alarm you are referring to is 12v, first you'll need a 72v to 12v converter. You can use something like this... https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Step...h=item4b2c9bbd28:g:~dMAAOSwLlJa7HDv:rk:6:pf:0

It can provide the 12v stepdown you need for the alarm + you can wire a USB to the extra 5v output.

The 12v line you show in the 7230 diagram is only energized once the controller is turned on. So I would only use that 12v wire from the 7230 as the key sense for the alarm.

You could also add another layer of protection by adding a 12v SPST relay to interrupt the 5v throttle when the alarm is on and controller is off.

Thanks, the link you posted the one I’ve bought and it’s 72v.

What stumped me is the 12v feed on the brake lock and the ignition voltage appears 12v.

Really require a diagram. There is only one time to get this correct, least in the practical side.

Once the actual alarm does arrive I’m sure make more sense.

No one has tried to match this alarm and Kelly controller?

NB. There is a specific feature on the LCD panel that I require. Wasn’t for that I’d by a budget priced controller with anti-theft feature.

Bg-electric-cycle said:
What stumped me is the 12v feed on the brake lock and the ignition voltage appears 12v.

To clarify... for the KLS side of things

The 12v output - numbered #11 (RED) on the KLS schematic is 0v when controller is OFF. When controller is ON - #11 will switch from 0v to 12v+, this 12v low amp signal is used for supplying switching voltage for brakes/forward/reverse/footswitch/lowspeed/ect.. Remember #11 is an output, the brake #25 is an input.

Just don't expect or try to run any lights off this 12v wire, only switches. If you need more 12v for lights, horn, ect.. use a dc/dc converter. It's OK to tie the 12v out from a switched DC/DC to #11. More amps won't hurt the controller, more volts will so keep it under 16v.

You turn on the KLS by connecting the PWR - numbered #7 (PINK) to battery + or 72v +, don't let the way the schematic looks fool you. Just because #7 (Pink/PWR) is on the "same side" as the 12v stuff, doesn't mean its 12v too. Trust me, you need full pack voltage on this "Key Switch" wire.

Don't quote me but it appears very likely the 72v version of the alarm's key switch wire is supposed to go to 72v+ so connect that to the same place you have #7 (pink/PWR).

I have an alarm on my 84v bike too, but this was long before high voltage (36-72v) "ebike" alarms were available. I opened up my standard car alarm brain and wired in a 100v to 12 buck converter, glued it in place, then wired it up just like this new fancy ebike alarm.

Could be a plan?
The alarm photos above display wires 1) black negative 72v from battery. 2) red positive 72v from battery (both in one connector). 3) black antenna cable, signal to/from remote. 4) Green wire? 5) orange and blue in one connector.

Another search of the net and found this clue.

OG to 7 provided its output be 72 volts. Blue and green are yet to be assigned.

Attachments

• JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 1,657
Bg-electric-cycle said:
OG to 7 provided its output be 72 volts. Blue and green are yet to be assigned.

Yes, OG to #7

BU or "motor lock" is a grounded output anytime the alarm is armed. This is usually used for "Starter kill" on petrol vehicles. You can use this output to connect a relay and interrupt the throttle or just ignore it.

GN is for a motion sensor trigger. Can also be used for tilt sensor.

Probably best to keep it simple and ignore the BU and GN as those extra components will require a separate 12v system to operate.

Back