Can anybody identify this type of plug (Higo?) and where I can find it? Also, am I missing something from this kit?

azneinstein

100 mW
I'll have a picture of the full kit when I get home but I ordered an open box kit on ebay. Lo and behold, it has everything except the "battery" cable. The kit is terminated by Higo? connectors.
Controller current connections->
- (2) brake levers
- PAS
- Motor
- Display
- Throttle

So I can only assume I'm missing the female end of the cable which would be the battery however, why is it 6 pins? What would the other 4 smaller pins be for?

And is this going to be something easy to find and purchase? Thanks!

I saw that one... unfortunately this one has one additional pin below the main two. Hence why the issue finding it.

azneinstein said:

Is that for a kit you purchased or is it like a proprietory bicycle you bought from a local bicycle store?

I would just snip that connector off, grab some electrical tape, and a soldering iron/solder and install a readily available connector, like the XT90 for the big wires and just hardwire the small wires in.

It's from a kit I bought online, unfortunately it's a re-badged kit, the problem I have is that I don't won't to cut off the end yet because of those 4 pins? If it was just a pos/neg two pin plug, I'd be more willing to do that.

I bought it off Ebay because it was listed as a 20" tire and came with the LCD3 display which is $30-40 by itself. (It was actually a 26" wheel but I can still use it...)

azneinstein said:

Probably the two bigger ones are battery and the 3 smaller ones are phase on a sensorless controller.
Disconnect everything and carefully peel back the insulation without damaging the other wires. Do it far enough back so you have plenty of wire from the connector itself, like 6" away from that end or the other end. Thats what I'd do, because you may be outta luck trying to find some random connector some seller put on in some basement in China. Luna Cycle did something similar with one of their products, its just so they got you stuck buying their own stuff for more money, instead of some readily available connector you could have bought at Radio Shack if it was still around.

You need to provide a better context for looking at that plug.

Like where is it going? To controller or to motor? Is the controller a separate black box or is it inside the motor?

There's no a need to run more than 2 wires to a battery unless you have a proprietary system where the extra wires carry a signaling protocol that (a) might have some battery diagnostics and (b) forces you to use their battery.

Back