The most comfortable saddle you've ever owned?

molybdenum said:
This thread is timely because I snapped a rail on my Allay Nomad and it's killing my butt!

Im suprised my Townie seat has survived, I placed it so the seat is rearward, and my fat 375lb ass likes to sit on the back of the seat. With my Alum lay-back post that bent, I'm making my own.

My 200 lb ass no match for my new Schwinn extra large bike seat, bent springs after only a weeks. Very disappointed. Taking it back to Walmart.
Bike seat Schwinn.jpg

Found as recommended on Amazon for £9.5 next daye delivery. This is so far the best seat I ever have tried. Surprised and happy.
1f641718a4bede15104cc516092ef9a3.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

craneplaneguy said:
I now have over 40 miles of very rough trail riding on my new Cloud 9 saddle, it is all I could hope for, fantastic!
So nice im ordering two more!

I fixed my cloud-9 by taking it apart and reversing the studs that mount the steel springs. When reversed the bottom of the stub is free to move without engaging the 'expansion' portion of the coil spring. One can also adjust the number of turns in the 'compression' portion of the spring. In this way it reduces the preload by about 1/2. Now it is actually useful ,,, but of course I am more sparrow than whale.

I just received a Cloud 9 seat, I haven't ridden on it yet but have sat on it and felt it, feels amazing and looks great. I can't wait to use it, awesome seat.
More excellent advice from Chalo.
Cheers

I really enjoy my cloud9 also, pics are a few pages back I used to use only the WTB seats and after switching I don't know what I was thinking all those years... Maybee my ars just got bigger!

With surge in e-Bike sales “saddle up in comfort”, urges Selle Royal with eZone product:
https://cyclingindustry.news/with-s...-comfort-urge-selle-royal-with-ezone-product/

selle-royal-ezone.jpg

Should (maybe) help with SBS (sore butt syndrome)

Brought about as a result of heat mapping the e-Bike user’s pressure points on a saddle when in motion, Selle Royal claim that there are marked differences when high torque applications come into play.

... and:
At 270mm long and with a shortened nose, the saddle is designed to help the rider easily mount the bicycle. Selle Royal’s 3D Skingel features, claiming to reduce pressure peaks by as much as 40% due to the gel’s weight distribution properties.

:)

Selle Royal seems like a very decent company. Recently I had an issue with one of their saddles; they were very pleasant to deal with, just asked to see pic of the problem and then sent me a new seat, shipped it from Italy. :thumb:

Non of my seats ever last!
I am going to weld up my own suspension seat. Steel seat tube, weld up a base for a rear shock spring, or two then add a pivot crotch, install an old steel large seat and fasten the tops of the rear shock spring.

markz said:
Non of my seats ever last!

I feel you, man. I have laid lots of saddles to waste. Along the way, I've learned a few rules of thumb:

- Clamp the saddle towards the rear of its rails, not towards the front. If you need more setback, use a seatpost that has it built in.

- Avoid saddles with stamped plates as part of their load carrying structure. That includes most cruiser saddles that have conical extension springs on the bottom.
big-seat-lg.jpg

- A suspension seatpost not only saves you from the most objectionable peak forces when you encounter bumps, it also spares your saddle rails. The same goes to a lesser extent for coil-sprung and elastomer-sprung saddles.

- It helps to stand up off the seat when you know you're going to ride over something rough. Everybody knows this, but e-bikes make us lazier. Standing up won't hurt you, so go ahead.

Back