24kW stand-up scooter with air suspension

The suspension seems to work amazingly well. Some of those roads are even worse than the ones around here.

fechter said:
The suspension seems to work amazingly well.
Tnx! The suspension really works perfectly!

Here are some more beautiful views and bad asphalt.
[youtube]pmHR3K5kSvc[/youtube]

Made changes to the controller settings. Finally got to make the most of it!
11.4 kW - 199.1A phase!

Today made another attempt to climb the mountain, hiking trail, and again failed :)
I do not understand what point he tore off a fitting cooling with the axis of the engine...
5.jpg
Without cooling, there was no point in continuing the ascent. And the oil began to fill the brake disc.
But it was fun to go down :) Had to make a few stops to dry the brake disc from the oil... But in general, regenerative brake was good, with a strong pull of the trigger, the rear wheel went into a skid.
[youtube]EngQiGKnIAE[/youtube]
At around 07:05 an exciting moment. I didn't notice the protruding part of the rock.
Here are the consequences:

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe a stainless steel bash-guard?
I plan to make a shield out of titanium =)

Short section of descent, with a better road:
[youtube]5gBz1t_dM2Q[/youtube]

Not sure if anyone's interested, but here's a video of the front suspension working:
[youtube]-HJZVLr9GnE[/youtube]

Great video again!
Time to build a two wheel drive by installing a front hub motor :wink:
Your type of front forks with suspension would lend themselves perfectly for that!

Just wanted to drop a reply here.. im in pure amazement by all the photos and videos + text description included here..

Though this really set me in my place and now im thinking im really at the very beginning of electric vehicle building, when seeing a project such as this.. indeed, amazing!

Once again rewound the engine:-D Now the speed at idle - 97 km\h.
Here's a video from the first races:
[youtube]xqNtLfXRt5M[/youtube]

Great vehicle, but don't you think it's time to put that build expertise into something with larger diameter wheels more suitable to your riding conditions with far more comfort and safety?

j bjork said:
Just amazing :D

I guess you mean that you were a lawyer, but now you are a cnc operator?
I can´t imagine the costs for machines and material just for hobby use..
Yes you are right, the last few years I am engaged in CNC.
I have my own workshop with several CNC machines, but the main direction is woodworking.
Scooter is really a hobby. Yes, materials and components are very expensive, but the main cost of the project is CNC processing, which costs me at cost.

John in CR said:
Great vehicle, but don't you think it's time to put that build expertise into something with larger diameter wheels more suitable to your riding conditions with far more comfort and safety?
In my opinion, my stand-up scooter is perfect for my driving conditions. Easier, faster and more maneuverable means of transportation, I have not yet come up. I've ridden a lot on a petrol scooter. I have a car. But only a stand-up scooter gives me real freedom of movement.
But you're right, the front wheel is not enough. I ordered new front tires 13x5.0-6. They are more at 2.5" in diameter. I'll make a replacement soon.

tracer11lb said:
What are the spec of the rear tire and motor?
Rear tyre from go-kart - 6,0\11-5
The diameter of the stator is 105 mm, the width of the stator is 60 mm.
The number of teeth of the stator - 27
The number of magnets - 30
Winding section - 2.56 mm2
Number of turns - 5
Number of revolutions per volt ~ 19.1
Power is limited by the controller - 11,4kW

alex_2d said:
Rear tyre from go-kart - 6,0\11-5
The diameter of the stator is 105 mm, the width of the stator is 60 mm.
The number of teeth of the stator - 27
The number of magnets - 30
Winding section - 2.56 mm2
Number of turns - 5
Number of revolutions per volt ~ 19.1
Power is limited by the controller - 11,4kW

Thanks for the info. That is some amazing work. I want to build my own also and this inspired me alot. I am trying to buy parts one at a time and then tackle the frame when I get most of the parts needed to assemble it. Did you buy that motor if so, do you have a link? or did you machine the motor and built it from scratch also?

tracer11lb said:
Did you buy that motor if so, do you have a link? or did you machine the motor and built it from scratch also?
Yep :)

SlowCo said:
Doesn't the wide "flat" kart tire ride strange when trying to corner? Then you must feel an "edge" when leaning over?
I had concerns about that.
The first 100 km, the tire was very hard and the edge was felt very strongly, causing discomfort when driving.
But then, either the tire got softer or I got used to it. At the moment I don't feel any minuses from the wide "flat" kart tire.
[youtube]y7diiDPhsS4[/youtube]

Back