LMX 64 : Freeride Ebike with dual drive and torque sensor

When we send out all frames for paint we will have a little more time ;)

All 12 first frames are welded, we need to finish heat treatment next week on a few of them before sending them to paint.
We received the battery for the complete bikes. Halo rims are in stock and we are building the vortex rear wheels.
The torque sensors will be there next week. The only missing part now are the controllers that are a little late...

Some pictures :

Frames out of the oven. It is normal to have this look, as the frames go through T4 quenching then T6 phase.
IMG_20190314_170446 (1)_compressed.jpg
"downtubes"
IMG_20190312_161334.jpg
Anodised parts like flip chips, derailleur hangers and sproket guards.
View attachment 1

Best regards, Adam

Number 9 for yours, so yes from frist batch as promised.
After those 12, we will have to wait for bulk shipping of the materials and motors by boat. For those 12 we got it air shipped to save time but it is too expensive for bulk. So the second batch deliveries will be in May.
Best regards, Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
Number 9 for yours, so yes from frist batch as promised.
After those 12, we will have to wait for bulk shipping of the materials and motors by boat. For those 12 we got it air shipped to save time but it is too expensive for bulk. So the second batch deliveries will be in May.
Best regards, Adam

Hi Adam,

Is mine within those 12 as well?
/Henrik

They must be busy building the bikes before end of March. I've sent an inquiry via email but haven't got a response for several days.
I just hope my pre-ordered bike is within those first 12.. waiting til May would really suck.

Unless specified by email before, you get one of the first ones ;)
Number 12 for you HKJ

Frames are now in paint, batteries, motors, wheels, bike parts are in stock.
Assembly of the raw complete bikes has started while the others are in paint.
Controllers from nucular are not yet ready.
Full update vlog coming over the weekend.

Best regards, Adam

Thanks a lot Adam! What a fantastic way to end a boring day at the office! 8) Awesome news! :bigthumb: :D

Cowardlyduck said:
Also still after the detail on the second battery mount...is it an option or not?
Exactly, these bikes are a significant investment please keep the early supporters informed. Also, if paint options available a customer email might be a better idea than an ES post.

Just out of curiosity.. Where would this second battery be mounted?
If mounted under the downtube, I'm pretty sure the front tire would rub when fork is compressed..

TorEddy said:
Just out of curiosity.. Where would this second battery be mounted?
If mounted under the downtube, I'm pretty sure the front tire would rub when fork is compressed..
Well that's the idea...and the hope is that it can be done in such a way that the front tire does not rub it. Plenty of things can be done to help prevent it like positioning the battery further down, using spacers on the fork, or using a smaller front wheel if necessary, but I really hope Adam can figure it out and make it an option.

Cheers

I see..
A longer and slimmer custom battery pack with the same cells and bms, could also be a solution.. But the bike will be heavy.
Putting spacers under the fork will be bad for bike geometry and riding..

Yeah option for now would be top tube mounted battery, down tube does not work even with normal hailong battery. On size L it is possible to fit a second battery in the triangle but we did not have time to work on some mounts yet for that. I have some pictures is will post later of options.

Anyway here is another vlog with updates and pictures.

The noise is a little high but we know why and Is solved on production bikes.

[youtube]tmh9K-qgQFM[/youtube]

Thanks for the update Adam. And thanks for the info on the second battery mount. Will wait for those pics.

Youtube compression makes a lot of that footage in the forest look like poo...I've found Vimeo does a much better job for stuff like that.

As much as the delays suck...I'm personally up to my eyeballs in projects, so don't really mind. And I would much rather have a quality, refined product than something rushed out the door.

Take your time and get it right the first time I say. :)

Cheers

Thanks Adam, fwiw I think those looking for a larger battery should consider inserting a pack with the rear wheel and shock removed, or a two piece welded pack, or a modular NESE at 14s8p. Note, this opinion is based on my rudimentary estimates so consider with caution.

Thanks heaps Adam.

I see what you mean about the bottom mounted pack now. The top tube mounted pack looks like it could work, but the second pack inside the triangle sounds like the best option if it can fit with the L size packs. Is there a chance of having those mount points investigated further?

Cheers

oooooooh... I can see my bike in that video:)
I really hope the controllers won't be a delay problem!
Snow is melting and spring arriving... just saying.

TorEddy said:
oooooooh... I can see my bike in that video:)
I really hope the controllers won't be a delay problem!
Snow is melting and spring arriving... just saying.

Same here! 7-11 C outside! It's time!

BTW, for those who ordered a complete bike, we can offer free upgrade to dual crown killah forks with direct mount stem. This with the bike in "low" position will create a true DH bike, may be interesting to some users!

Adam

View attachment 1

Back