24F Silent Controller 20kw 100-150v iOS/Android- $299>

Powervelocity.com said:
It should be taking off quiet and smooth.
I would check that all hall sensors are operational and make sure the hall and phase combos are correct.

TorgueRPM said:
TorgueRPM said:
I'm replacing the motor controller on a Chinese electric motorcycle with a qs260 hub motor. the Halls are connected but the motor acts as if it's being driven by a sensorless controller, with lots of cogging from takeoff. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

By cogging I mean a lot of noise and juddering

Yep, that was it. I wired the phase and halls as suggested for qs motors in the quick start manual and it feels like a different machine!

So, could you share the correct combo for this specific motor so we can update our documentation?

TorgueRPM said:
Powervelocity.com said:
It should be taking off quiet and smooth.
I would check that all hall sensors are operational and make sure the hall and phase combos are correct.

TorgueRPM said:
TorgueRPM said:
I'm replacing the motor controller on a Chinese electric motorcycle with a qs260 hub motor. the Halls are connected but the motor acts as if it's being driven by a sensorless controller, with lots of cogging from takeoff. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

By cogging I mean a lot of noise and juddering

Yep, that was it. I wired the phase and halls as suggested for qs motors in the quick start manual and it feels like a different machine!

The motor is a QS260, between a 205 and 273 in size. I think they are really only found in rim-integrated wheels for the most part. The combo is the same as the other qs hub motors, for both hall and phase wires: Y-Y, G-B, B-G

PW

Just wanted to ask when i boot up the app the Temp sensor on the controller works but once you start taking off its disappears and no longer showing, i checked all connectors and there ok, it seems to happen straight after the update week ago.

Any ideas

Regards
Peter

Powervelocity.com said:
Please send some screenshots.

cheeko said:
PW

Just wanted to ask when i boot up the app the Temp sensor on the controller works but once you start taking off its disappears and no longer showing, i checked all connectors and there ok, it seems to happen straight after the update week ago.

Any ideas

Regards
Peter

Ill do that tonight. its weird as i have glued the plug in so its definitely not loose.

I think there might be an issue with my bluetooth module. It won't connect from the app unless I connect through my phone settings first (I only tried that because it wasn't connecting). Half the time the app doesn't even see the module, but when it does and I try to connect, it turns yellow and slides down the screen before reappearing.Screenshot_20190328-081813.jpg
I have been leaving the ignition switch connected and turning on the bike with a precharged contactor.

Any ideas?

Please delete/unpair the module from the Android settings and clear the Bluetooth cache.
Then go back to the app and try to connect.

TorgueRPM said:
I think there might be an issue with my bluetooth module. It won't connect from the app unless I connect through my phone settings first (I only tried that because it wasn't connecting). Half the time the app doesn't even see the module, but when it does and I try to connect, it turns yellow and slides down the screen before reappearing.Screenshot_20190328-081813.jpg
I have been leaving the ignition switch connected and turning on the bike with a precharged contactor.

Any ideas?

Powervelocity.com said:
Please delete/unpair the module from the Android settings and clear the Bluetooth cache.
Then go back to the app and try to connect.

TorgueRPM said:

Any ideas?

Just recently i have had issues once you turn off bluetooth and turn back on it works.

TorgueRPM said:
I've tried everything that's been suggested, including the turn it off then back on trick. It's not a huge hassle, I just have to go into my settings and pair first

Maybe Try reinstall the app, mine connected fine this morning i guess it might clash with other things connected bluetooth is there anything else connected to it same time.

cheeko said:
TorgueRPM said:
I've tried everything that's been suggested, including the turn it off then back on trick. It's not a huge hassle, I just have to go into my settings and pair first

Maybe Try reinstall the app, mine connected fine this morning i guess it might clash with other things connected bluetooth is there anything else connected to it same time.

I have tried that, nothing has worked. Now the module won't connect in any way. I might try installing the app on my friends phone, that will tell me if it's my phone or something else.

Yeah that will hopefully its not bad Blue Tooth Module.

Powervelocity.com said:
What brand and model of phone are you using?
Have you tried to go to Bluetooth Cache and clear it then reboot?
That usually helps on some wonky Androids. iOS is normally trouble free.

cheeko said:
Yeah that will hopefully its not bad Blue Tooth Module.

Yes, I've done that several times, hasn't changed anything. I'm using a Samsung galaxy S7, and I also tried it with my friend's Google pixel 3 xl, and it still didn't work.

TorgueRPM said:

Any ideas?

Hey, This has always been the way for me. Exacting as you are saying, for me here's what I do to pair, and it works everytime.
(I have a Samsung s8 btw, so will be same for your s7)
1. turn on controller/bike
2. open up Bluetooth in phones settings, under the pair section at the bottom tap 'powervelocity-I' (don't connect to 'powervelocity-A)
3. quickly open powervelocity app, go to the app settings and it should say connected
4. go back to dash and it's ready to go

For me this has to be done every time my bike is turned back on and off, i've tried everything and this is the only reliable way, and works 95% of the time (very rarely I just have to ride 10metres and then the controller will show up under phone's bluetooth settings). it takes me 5 seconds now and is just routine, it's worth it for such a great smooth controller after all :)

Hmm, that's very strange that you need to connect each time. Once it's connected it should stay there and auto connect when you just start the app.

I've mentioned this a few times but haven't heard anything back as to whether you have tried to clear the Bluetooth cache.
This is how to do it on S7/8:
https://help.elitehrv.com/article/135-clear-bluetooth-cache-android

Please do that and reboot the phone. In most cases that fixes the issue.
You can also go to the app Bluetooth scanner (Connect button in Settings), click and hold on the device until "Disconnect" appears. Click disconnect and reconnect.

Most issues I've seen come from attempts to pair in Android BT. This was needed for older BT types 2.0 and below (which is what -A is.). It may be counter intuitive, but you don't have to do that with the BLE 4.0 devices. You should be connecting directly from within the app to PowerVelocity-i. The module is dual standard: legacy -A and the new -i BLE 4.0 which is what you want to use now.

I'll do a video explaining this.

\\ (•◡•) / said:
TorgueRPM said:

Any ideas?

Hey, This has always been the way for me. Exacting as you are saying, for me here's what I do to pair, and it works everytime.
2. open up Bluetooth in phones settings, under the pair section at the bottom tap 'powervelocity-I' (don't connect to 'powervelocity-A)
3. quickly open powervelocity app, go to the app settings and it should say connected

For me this has to be done every time my bike is turned back on and off, i've tried everything and this is the only reliable way, and works 95% of the time (very rarely I just have to ride 10metres and then the controller will show up under phone's bluetooth settings). it takes me 5 seconds now and is just routine, it's worth it for such a great smooth controller after all :)

Powervelocity.com said:
Hmm, that's very strange that you need to connect each time. Once it's connected it should stay there and auto connect when you just start the app.

I've mentioned this a few times but haven't heard anything back as to whether you have tried to clear the Bluetooth cache.

You can also go to the app Bluetooth scanner (Connect button in Settings), click and hold on the device until "Disconnect" appears. Click disconnect and reconnect.

Most issues I've seen come from attempts to pair in Android BT. This was needed for older BT types 2.0 and below (which is what -A is.). It may be counter intuitive, but you don't have to do that with the BLE 4.0 devices. You should be connecting directly from within the app to PowerVelocity-i. The module is dual standard: legacy -A and the new -i BLE 4.0 which is what you want to use now.

\\ (•◡•) / said:
TorgueRPM said:

Any ideas?

Ever since the last App update if had troubles with it connecting on first open on app but once i turn Bluetooth off and on it connects, i have S9+ its never ever disconnect while riding though.

Powervelocity.com said:

\\ (•◡•) / said:
TorgueRPM said:

Any ideas?

I've actually mentioned several times that I have cleared the cache and restarted the phone and nothing has changed. I can't connect through the app, and when I connect through the phone's Bluetooth, it disconnects on its own after a certain amount of time. This means that I can never use the dash function.

hi Powervelocity.com,

We have a 7kW QS motor.
Can I please get the 24F 120V with bt priority shipped to Germany?
In your shop I can't order.

Best regards

Horst

cheeko said:
Ever since the last App update if had troubles with it connecting on first open on app but once i turn Bluetooth off and on it connects, i have S9+ its never ever disconnect while riding though.

Just a data point and nothing else: While I don't have an Android (and never will given the many issues I am aware of wrt security, updates, and incompatibility) the iPhone PV app works like a charm every time with my PV controller -- even across multiple IOS devices. I would give the quality of the hardware and software an A+. YMMV

M

Yeah ill give it another go, i think maybe i bought a watch which is connected to Bluetooth so maybe it doesn't like being secondary.

Cheers

I use an HM-10 bluetooth module to connect to my electric longboard, and that hasn't been working either. I think the Android 8.0.0 Oreo update is the cause of the issue, and after looking it up on the electric-skateboard.builders forum, I found several threads confirming this. Apparently the bluetooth in Android 8 is different somehow and many older bluetooth modules no longer work.

On the BT module, we use dual Bluetooth chip that supports older standard 2.0 and newer BLE 4.0. Hence, under phone BT settings, you can see "PowerVeloCity-A" (older, supposed to be backward compatible with Android) and "PowerVeloCity-i" (compatible with all iOS and Android 4.4 and above). The current version of application is using only 4.0, that's when you connect you can see only "PowerVeloCity-i" advertised. If you go to Android BT settings, you can can still see "-A" but it should be used and you should really be pairing with the module from within the phone BT settings menu. BLE 4.0 and above allows you to connect without pairing from within the application and that want to do. Because of the huge variability in hardware, drivers and OS versions, some users had issues connecting to the module. This seems to affect Chinese brands of phones and/or custom ROMs installed on any phones.

However, we are close the releasing PV BT module 2.0 which will support BLE 5 standard and will be less prone to these issues. Besides, it will have new features. The existing customers/owners of PV BT module will get a sizable discount if they chose to upgrade.

TorgueRPM said:
I use an HM-10 bluetooth module to connect to my electric longboard, and that hasn't been working either. I think the Android 8.0.0 Oreo update is the cause of the issue, and after looking it up on the electric-skateboard.builders forum, I found several threads confirming this. Apparently the bluetooth in Android 8 is different somehow and many older bluetooth modules no longer work.

Powervelocity.com said:
On the BT module, we use dual Bluetooth chip that supports older standard 2.0 and newer BLE 4.0. Hence, under phone BT settings, you can see "PowerVeloCity-A" (older, supposed to be backward compatible with Android) and "PowerVeloCity-i" (compatible with all iOS and Android 4.4 and above). The current version of application is using only 4.0, that's when you connect you can see only "PowerVeloCity-i" advertised. If you go to Android BT settings, you can can still see "-A" but it should be used and you should really be pairing with the module from within the phone BT settings menu. BLE 4.0 and above allows you to connect without pairing from within the application and that want to do. Because of the huge variability in hardware, drivers and OS versions, some users had issues connecting to the module. This seems to affect Chinese brands of phones and/or custom ROMs installed on any phones.

However, we are close the releasing PV BT module 2.0 which will support BLE 5 standard and will be less prone to these issues. Besides, it will have new features. The existing customers/owners of PV BT module will get a sizable discount if they chose to upgrade.

TorgueRPM said:

That's great to hear, I'll definitely buy one once they're available.

Back