New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Narcoleptic said:
casainho said:
I updated the wiki page with more information about the magnetic brake sensors, including a link for a shop: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-brake-sensors

Thx man!

Just to check, my brakes are not hydraulic, i just have the integrated gear-shift/brake handle for the Nexus-8. Will this still work?

And did i get the main point of using the sensors right - that just resting on the pedals will not stop motor, hence brake sensors will result in more time (to cool)off for the motor?

Cheers,

/N
Search on youtube for magnetic brake sensors to understand.

ri53hu said:
Narcoleptic :
pro VLCD5 8pin conector SENZOR https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Bollfit-Free-shiping-Cut-Off-Power-Brake-Sensor-for-TSDZ2-Mid-Motor-VLCD5-Conversion-Parts-Accessories/4643077_32958044152.html?spm=a2g0x.12010615.8148356.21.55814d6fogHoqR :D

My motor is 6-pin version unfortunately. Seems like the ones linked to in post above yours will work, and i will be shopping at PSW soon, but thanks for the link! :)

Has anyone found a full strip down and rebuild video of the TSDZ2 or perhaps a parts manual with a fully schematic drawing of the motor, just want to rebuild this box of bits I bought, just need to confirm where some of the shims are placed.

Thanks.

Me again :)

I have my 6 wire speed sensor cable cut open to connect to st link. The orange black brown and purple are for programming right. Do any of these need connecting back up when im done? Will the speed sensor work on just the green and white wire?

Thanks

la8rat said:

I have my 6 wire speed sensor cable cut open to connect to st link. The orange black brown and purple are for programming right. Do any of these need connecting back up when im done? Will the speed sensor work on just the green and white wire?

Thanks
Are you following the instructions in the wiki? If so please tell what are your doubts.

casainho said:
la8rat said:

Thanks
Are you following the instructions in the wiki? If so please tell what are your doubts.
My kt lcd3 has not arrived yet. So im just flashing the stock 48v onto my stock 36v motor. This will let me use the bike till my kt lcd3 comes.

I have left green and white wires intact.

Ill need to open up the wires again in a few days to install the open source.

Its not clear from what ive read in thewiki if the speed sensor will work on just green and white.
I want to wrap the cable back up and leave the 4 programming wires out for easy connection next time. I have read that the white wire is speed sensor input. And green is lights. And that speed sensor needs a couple of wires to work.. didnt say what couple of wires (obviously one is the white one)

If somebody has recently bought a motor from PSW Power, would (s)he confirm that it is one of the new series? If fitted with a black coloured spider, rather than silver, is an indication that it is a new series.

I ask this because every single photo of the motor on PSW outlets shows a picture of the motor and not the chainring side so it’s impossible to tell and the last time I asked PSW I got a Chinese non-answer.

Many thanks.

27/03/19 They’ve now told me they are new version. Whereas I mean a new version they mean an unused just made version. The two are not the same motor.

no issue using the scotch locks to splice into the speed sensor 4 programming wires. didt bother flashing stock 48v on my 36v motor, i just changed the values at line 4000 2 and 3. works great.

ktlcd 3 has turned up so ill be able to get on that tomorrow. i tested the bike with everything still connected so looks bad bud worked no problems.

ive watched the jabalat vids a few times and im puzzed as to why he downloaded the file in raw data and then never used it.

casainho said:
I updated the wiki page with more information about the magnetic brake sensors, including a link for a shop: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-brake-sensors
Nice explainer!

Hallo,

I have a problem with my tsdz2. The speed in Display jump up and down and the motor stop. When i plug off the speed sensor Motor works FINE.
I change the speed sensor, but the same Problem.
I change the kt lcd, but the same Problem. I check the wire, nothing to See.
I have the open source 18 Software.
Have any one a idea?

Mfg Michael

michih. said:
Hallo,

I have a problem with my tsdz2. The speed in Display jump up and down and the motor stop. When i plug off the speed sensor Motor works FINE.
Have any one a idea?

Mfg Michael

The TSDZ2 speed sensor does strange things if the magnet is too close. More than 5mm distance away from the magnet is often needed.

Rydon said:
michih. said:
Hallo,

Have any one a idea?

Mfg Michael

The TSDZ2 speed sensor does strange things if the magnet is too close. More than 5mm distance away from the magnet is often needed.

I try it, but dont work

Mfg Michael

Just a note to say that I got the SW102 LCD Bluetooth working, I can flash and debug code just like I did on KT-LCD3 and 850C color LCD. I also got the information to drive the LCD, just like I did on 850C LCD. This project can be a reality if more developers join this project as I do not have time for all of them :)

---

I created a simple project based on a sample project of UART <-> Bluetooth communication, based on Nordic NRF SDK for the SW102 LCD microcontroller and flash and debug successfully. I am using just the same tools as I use for 850C color LCD: STLinkV2 clone + ARM GCC + OpenOCD + Eclipse.
The project code is here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/SW102_LCD_Bluetooth

2019-03-27-12-14-07.jpg

Screenshot-from-2019-03-27-12-08-35.png

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see more improvements on the development of alternative firmware for this great motor. Im also very impressed with the work that has been done.
I'm a happy owner of this TSDZ2 750W 48V 8 pin version, and my happiness would be greater if I can flash it with the firmware.

However, after reading the wiki i'm still lost when it comes to connect the KT-LCD3 with the 8pin controller.
So, if i'm right (that won't be a surprise if not :confused: ):

-KT-LCD3 out cable is 5 wires
-Hydraulic Brake sensor is connected to green and black on the controller cable
-Temperature sensor is like: LM35 -> motor controller -> orange wire (and black ?) of the controller cable -> throttle wire

7 wires are used, 5 from KT-LCD3, 1 from the brakes, but
I don't understand where is the throttle wire on KT-LCD3 to connect to.

I plan using the old VLCD5 8 pin connector to achieve a clean connection or buying another motor controller to get the precious connector but i'm really stuck.

Can anybody provide some help to achieve this please ?
Maybe i'm not the only one struggling with that part

michih. said:
Rydon said:
michih. said:
Hallo,

Have any one a idea?

Mfg Michael

I try it, but dont work

Mfg Michael

I had the same problem. I had to move the magnet/sensor many times before I could find the right position. Basically make sure the magnet is aligned on the arrow of the sensor, and try to move it until you get the right speed when walking with the bike it should show something 4kmh.
Once done the sensor always gives the right speed, it doesn't move at all in my case.

SamCX said:
-Temperature sensor is like: LM35 -> motor controller -> orange wire (and black ?) of the controller cable -> throttle wire

Isn't this clear on wiki?

"NOTE: to use this motor temperature sensor you will loose the possibility to use the throttle."

casainho said:
SamCX said:

Isn't this clear on wiki?

"NOTE: to use this motor temperature sensor you will loose the possibility to use the throttle."

Thank you for the reply, yes, it was clear that in order to use the temperature sensor I have to loose throttle capability.
What wasn't clear for me, is where the throttle wire is located (since it seems that this wire isn't on this lcd out cable) and how the temperature data is pushed to that LCD3 so ?

Maybe it's not obvious because I don't have the lcd3 yet...

el_proletario said:
michih. said:
Rydon said:
michih. said:
Hallo,

Have any one a idea?

Mfg Michael

I try it, but dont work

Mfg Michael

I had the same problem. I had to move the magnet/sensor many times before I could find the right position. Basically make sure the magnet is aligned on the arrow of the sensor, and try to move it until you get the right speed when walking with the bike it should show something 4kmh.
Once done the sensor always gives the right speed, it doesn't move at all in my case.

Ok i try it....

Thanks casainho and other contributors.
Today i flashed my kt lcd3 and tsdz2 with open source version 18.
Had a few minor setbacks but got it all done in 3 hours.
Almost non of the default settings were as they said they would be. Still i worked through the 12 menus and configured as per wiki.
To my amazement it actually all worked first time.
Sadly only had time for quick ride. Will test properly after work tomorrow. But seems very good.

Top work.. thanks.

SamCX said:
Thank you for the reply, yes, it was clear that in order to use the temperature sensor I have to loose throttle capability.
What wasn't clear for me, is where the throttle wire is located (since it seems that this wire isn't on this lcd out cable) and how the temperature data is pushed to that LCD3 so ?

Maybe it's not obvious because I don't have the lcd3 yet...

The throttle will be spliced directly into the 8 wire cable bypassing the LCD3.

Also the temp sensor is wired directly inside the motor to the controller using the same analogue input that the throttle would use. The controller samples and interprets this and then the temp data along with everything else is communicated to the display (not sure what protocol) over two data wires. Anyway that is my understanding. Please correct me if i am wrong!

I made the cable with the lm35 sensor, I made two. I don't know if the arduino cable (dupont type) will be too thin. Must I use one thicker?
35d504118373969175b9eb85179ca82e.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

I have a problem with the speed wheel display.Not work. I revised many times the configuration and it seems well. The magnet and ese sensor speed are very close at the "arrow".I use the Y cable.

The power indicatión not work too. The walk asistance , temperature sensor , time, voltage battery, asistance selection... works.

I use the Casainho V.0.18 Firmware.

An other thing: when the software is ON , the rear wheel can´t spin back. Only forward....¿It´s normal?

What happen?

Any idea?

Thank´s

hello good night, I have a query, and found this forum
and I see that you understand enough and I am very lost, I want to mount a tsdz2 kit and I do not know which model will be right for me, the serious use for mountain with a lot of unevenness, if you could advise me I would really appreciate it, regards

Back