Schwinn 4/6 bangers dropouts hold 10kw

Jestronix

10 kW
So after three years of 10kw and some serious phase amps my Schwinn 4 banger is being retired. If you find one of these rare bikes be assured they will take 10kw. I spent many many hours unleashing on these dropouts with regen.

You can see some indents where it was pushing. But I'm dam impressed how well these took the punishment. The carbon arms they link into had no issues.

csag9da.jpg

wturber said:
But you had torque arms installed, of course ... right?

I had some dodgy ones that would essentially only be used if the main dropouts failed, they were hand made ones with a wider gap. They never saw any use. most likely would have snapped the axle if one drop out failed and then used the backup drop out. They had no sign of use or imprint from pressure. Plus they were steel cable tied in place, they never had tension on them, it would have been interesting to see if they held had something given way.

What was the distance between dropouts? I'm thinking of building a 4-Banger.

A few notes:
Jestronix Last active: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 pm
*So probably chilaxxing on a sandy beach until cold weather is over with. Then swings back to home country to keep citizenship, medical coverage and the like.

135mm for most newer regular bikes.
Sheldon Brown is the go to source.
https://sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

ayedurand said:
What was the distance between dropouts? I'm thinking of building a 4-Banger.

So I bought a 4-Banger. What motor did you have installed in the bike? I'm wishing for an H4080 but budget may dictate other options.

Grab some 1/4" steel that is 2" x 24" and some hose clamps and grid out a slot for the axle flats and a bit of a slot to keep the hose clamp in place.

Yes, its apart of the f-ugly bike, anti-theft device solution. It can also hurt that angle to the jangle, because it might stick out on a non f-ugly bike that looks bumish.

Jestronix said:
So after three years of 10kw and some serious phase amps my Schwinn 4 banger is being retired. If you find one of these rare bikes be assured they will take 10kw. I spent many many hours unleashing on these dropouts with regen.

You can see some indents where it was pushing. But I'm dam impressed how well these took the punishment. The carbon arms they link into had no issues.

csag9da.jpg

Why you retiring it?

Back