Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

zappan said:
Hello,
Marcoq has released the betaM0.16.D version of its serial Display software, and the new Configurator_Beta_0.2.0, not being the definitive version but only for users of the Italian forum, has mainly implemented l elimination of backward resistance. I have installed it and am running tests at my own risk because the experts on the other post assume that there may be problems burning the MOSSFET, at the moment I can declare that it works well even if from time to time the resistance to the back appears again.
The link for those who want to try it and the one from the Italian forum: http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=16

:bigthumb:

Update, I have soldered the cable.

f7b9b43c84fa0a59bd5f5b4b40a9814c.jpg
dc96515c9cdbe84a066d6e92583baba1.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

In order to get a working programming cable at zero cost, you can follow this example I posted a while ago.

It works and you don't need to splice or solder anything else.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93818&p=1436645&hilit=Dupont#p1436645

Ciao.

thineight said:
In order to get a working programming cable at zero cost, you can follow this example I posted a while ago.

It works and you don't need to splice or solder anything else.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93818&p=1436645&hilit=Dupont#p1436645

Ciao.

I used that method before. If you do continuous tests it is better to have the cable so as not to damage the connector. I paid 10 euros for the cable. It is not worthwhile to damage the connector for that price.

Right.. if you do a lot of programming tests then it's ok.
Where did you get that cable from?

thineight said:
Right.. if you do a lot of programming tests then it's ok.
Where did you get that cable from?

Hi thineight
Cable is from Aliexpress

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/baRBtT1f

ashrambo said:
I already solved the problem of the continuous power off with the XH18 display and this firmware, I had to activate the VLCD6 option always on.
Hi Ashrambo, have you tried subsequent versions of Marcoq with LCD XH18? does it still have the problem that goes off and then you need to activate the VLCD6 option always on? if it has not been resolved directly by the software, we ask Marcoq to correct the bug to have maximum compatibility with LCDXH18.

I have not tried it because I thought it was something that happened to me alone. I will not try new versions until I install the temperature sensor.

ashrambo said:
I have not tried it because I thought it was something that happened to me alone. I will not try new versions until I install the temperature sensor.

no today I tried for a long time LCD xh18 in an output with a friend of mine and it turned off all the time I had installed the ver. M016.0.

Today I rode in an all mountain route with the latest firmware 0.18.

Zappan, the display working flag option does not work with the xh18 display, it power off continuously, you have to select the display always on. Also I fell lack of power, there is hardly any change between assistance 1 and 4, it is true that I use a very small power. 40-60-90-140%, but with firmware 0.16 I could feel the change between 1-2.

At this moment I prefer 0.16 firmware.

ashrambo said:
Today I rode in an all mountain route with the latest firmware 0.18.

Zappan, the display working flag option does not work with the xh18 display, it power off continuously, you have to select the display always on. Also I fell lack of power, there is hardly any change between assistance 1 and 4, it is true that I use a very small power. 40-60-90-140%, but with firmware 0.16 I could feel the change between 1-2.

At this moment I prefer 0.16 firmware.

Ashrambo
For me version 0.18D feels like the motor is smoother, has more power and even is more quiet. But because many people said they did not like it because it did not need much pressure on the pedals for the motor to give assistance marcoq changed the software to V0.18E. For me it was easy to correct this on V0.18D by changing "Average Torque Factor" and "Pedal Assist Level".
It would be interesting to know what marcoq changed from V0.18D to V0.18E.
Yesterday my wife and I went out for 28 miles, her bike is V0.18D and mine V0.18E, both bikes went well with no problems. I have not yet tried "Backward Res Off"

Maybe if the display working flag doesn't work the assist level works worse...I couldn't feel the power change between 40% and 80%...

ashrambo said:
Maybe if the display working flag doesn't work the assist level works worse...I couldn't feel the power change between 40% and 80%...

Ashrambo thanks for the tests, I communicated the problem to Marcoq in the other forum, a question but just turn on the lights? o the flag in the java configurator is required, you're right I tried the 0.18D and 0.18.E, the 0.18D feels little pressure on the pedals but it has a decent power default ... the 0.18E runs well but to have the same satisfaction as the 0.16 I have to use my multipliers, that to many seem exaggerated:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500

zappan said:
ashrambo said:

Ashrambo thanks for the tests, I communicated the problem to Marcoq in the other forum, a question but just turn on the lights? o the flag in the java configurator is required, you're right I tried the 0.18D and 0.18.E, the 0.18D feels little pressure on the pedals but it has a decent power default ... the 0.18E runs well but to have the same satisfaction as the 0.16 I have to use my multipliers, that to many seem exaggerated:
eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500
zappan
With your power settings how is the battery consumption?

grecoa said:
zappan said:
ashrambo said:

eco 175
tour 250
sport 375
turbo 500
zappan
With your power settings how is the battery consumption?

I didn't find any major differences between the ver. of Marcoq and the 0.16 of casainho, but I use the bike in very technical off-road and with great slopes, in general with assistance on tour, while with that of casainho, which I set on 5 levels, use assistance 3-4, I do not have never more than 50km route with 468Wh battery (13Ah).

I think that the differences we find between the various versions depend on this value "0x004001 ASSIST_LEVEL_FACTOR_X10" but I do not find any confirmation in the java configurator, and Marcoq has never expressed his opinion about it, those who want to control do a reading with STVP and can verify that there is always a difference between the vairie versions.

Good point zappan, did you report this in the Italian forum for marcoq to review?

thineight said:
Good point zappan, did you report this in the Italian forum for marcoq to review?
No, but given that it could really be influential, the report also in the Italian forum.

Soo, marcoq release no long based on V0.16 ?

I m always running marcoq first version ( 0.16 based ) without configurator and
V0.16 casainho release with LCD3 with the other bike ...

Will check the news release asap ...

[youtube]nrop0bouPLs[/youtube]

286 wh used for 43 km and 1600 D - 900 D+ ....

elem said:
Soo, marcoq release no long based on V0.16 ?

I m always running marcoq first version ( 0.16 based ) without configurator and
V0.16 casainho release with LCD3 with the other bike ...

Will check the news release asap ...

[youtube]nrop0bouPLs[/youtube]

286 wh used for 43 km and 1600 D - 900 D+ ....
Look at the italian forum jobike.it

http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=19

Ok, thancks ...
Soo 0.16 is the release used by marcoq as i understand, it s not important as he have done his own modifications ...

Exactly, the other versions are beta based in 0.18.

I just loaded qmarco's code on my TSDZ2 with my VLCD5. Only issue I had (which I might have missed in the documentation), was that after I hit "Program" on the TSDZ2-Configurator_Beta_v0.2.0.jar program, the first time I had to unplug the STLINK from the USB in order to let the write protection change take effect on the motor controller. After the STLINK unplug and replug, the Program button worked just fine. I'll report other things I come across here and on Github.

The reason I wanted to use qmarco's code is that the current limit function on the VLCD5 didn't have any impact. I set it to one ampere and nothing changed in the performance. Since I'm using my TSDZ2 as a road commute assist, I want to get into the heat limit and LM35 install for the 30C+ heat I commute in summertime. I'll install the LM35 as I get closer to the summer heat.

I flashed my motor with the latest v3.4 this morning and cycled 15km. This was the only version I had issues with. I was randomly getting E07 error and the motor lost power on each occasion for about 30 seconds each time then returned to normal. This happened when using both Eco and Tour settings (70 and 160 assistance settings)
I have a 48v motor and using the VLCD5. I enabled the latest beta release and the backwards resistance off and set the master assistance to 1.3. The only other values changed was for my battery.
I always switch the boost on as well as the off road for the fastest possible commute.
Having tried all the versions I too believe that the best for continuous power is the version 2.0 configurator with v16D.

Minatauro said:
I flashed my motor with the latest v3.4 this morning and cycled 15km. This was the only version I had issues with. I was randomly getting E07 error and the motor lost power on each occasion for about 30 seconds each time then returned to normal. This happened when using both Eco and Tour settings (70 and 160 assistance settings)
I have a 48v motor and using the VLCD5. I enabled the latest beta release and the backwards resistance off and set the master assistance to 1.3. The only other values changed was for my battery.
I always switch the boost on as well as the off road for the fastest possible commute.
Having tried all the versions I too believe that the best for continuous power is the version 2.0 configurator with v16D.

BOOST_DISABLED_ON_OEM E01
DEFAULT_ENABLED_ON_OEM E02
STREET_ENABLED_ON_OEM E03
OFFROAD_ENABLED_ON_OEM E04
BOOST_ENABLED_ON_OEM E05
OVERTEMPERATURE E06
EBIKE_WHEEL_BLOCKED E07
OVERVOLTAGE E08

Back