lf controller 20kw+

John1deere

10 W
theres quite a few choices out there and cant seem to decide on which one i want.

ideally 40s/144v but 30s and 20s would do too.
reliability and customer service are my top 2.
price doesnt matter too much unless it gets ridiculous so 1000 usd as a maxish
smallish
would be nice if it can go higher than 20kw for future upgrades.

read alot of issues with kelly and sabvoton so i dug up and found asi bac4000 and 8000 (terrible pre sale customer service so far) and sevcon (dont know anything about those) any other choices that would make sense out there?
current motor is a qs205 but might upgrade in the future.

Kelly has excellent customer service. I once blew up my Controller by hooking up the battery wrong and it only cost me 20€ (Shipping to China) to get it fixed/replaced.

On a smaller ebike Controller I had a bad connection to the Battery (failed EC5 Connector). It also blew up, but since it was past warranty and pretty worthless anyways. Fany from Customer service gave me a 30% discount on a new Controller after sending it to back to them.

So all in all good customer service.
I can't speak for the quality though, I never had a Kelly fail for no reason as some users here have experienced like larsb.
So your mileage may vary.

And the thing that everyone hates about Kelly is the no Flux weakening and their bare bones programming options.

eee291 said:
Kelly has excellent customer service. I once blew up my Controller by hooking up the battery wrong and it only cost me 20€ (Shipping to China) to get it fixed/replaced.

On a smaller ebike Controller I had a bad connection to the Battery (failed EC5 Connector). It also blew up, but since it was past warranty and pretty worthless anyways. Fany from Customer service gave me a 30% discount on a new Controller after sending it to back to them.

So all in all good customer service.
I can't speak for the quality though, I never had a Kelly fail for no reason as some users here have experienced like larsb.
So your mileage may vary.

And the thing that everyone hates about Kelly is the no Flux weakening and their bare bones programming options.

From reading more it seems kelly only has throttle speed control? No current or torque throttle? Is that still true?

j bjork said:
Here you go, two treads about the same motor:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98416

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98792

Great now i have tons more choices lol.
Mobipus seems shady from what people say and then theres power velocity but not quite the power in looking for. Just wish asi wasnt so shit about responding to emails lol. Paying a premium i expected a better than that and hiding all the infos on their website until you buy one is kinda weird to me

fechter said:
Sevcon and ASI don't really want retail sales, only large volume OEM. Both of these are excellent controllers but extremely hard to get properly set up.

Another option would be Curtis:
https://www.curtisinstruments.com/products/ac-motor-controllers/

theres now a online store on asi website maybe they got into retail sales?

any higher voltage or current and the price gets ridiculous but that would do lol. https://flentek.net/?product=1234-se

144v volt version is 3000$ ffs hahaha

Well im unhappy once again with asi response so i might go mobipus after further research. Seems like a good unit with alot of punch for the size and not too hard to use either. I could even use my pc water cooling stuff to cool it off as its compatible with their water cooled version

APT AE96600 is good for me, up to 120 volts + 600 phase amps and is reliable.
Mobipus requires a 1 hour key to change anything on the new software which is, at best, useless for home tuning.

Jonno

Jonno said:
APT AE96600 is good for me, up to 120 volts + 600 phase amps and is reliable.
Mobipus requires a 1 hour key to change anything on the new software which is, at best, useless for home tuning.

Jonno

I saw the key thing yes but thats not true. You can change most settings without the key.

welp guess i'm back with asi lol. i complained about the terrible service and now they transferred me to another person who responds same day. i also had no reply yet with mobipus so yeah.

Back