"Edge" DD hubmotor, 1500W, 35mm, Al core

OK Guys. Here's a new thread for the group buy. Post there to place your orders.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=99505

Nice job Berent putting this together for the builders who will remember
what you have done for us.
I know that most people don't want to build a wheel
and the smart thing to do is sell a turn key kit just bolt on and go,
but as a builder I want to pick out what rim and size that I want to have
and it is great to be able to get this motor naked so we can have our way with it
you will for sure go down in ebikedome forever as the man who made the little
motor even better for those of us who love and run the little motor
Peace and long live the 205 V2 35mm WCEC version at 95 amps
with out FF forever

I will take 2 6t motors. Will pm in a day or two.

This is kind of an out of the way thread. You may want to put a link in the classified section. I would but I don't feel it is my place to do that.

Just wondering if anyone can help out with some spoke specs for this hub, I bought it already made up in a MTX33 rim, I've just noticed that I've broken a spoke so better order some new ones, I think the current spokes might be sapim 13G/14G, is 13G the spoke and 14G the nipple? anyone have some opinions on where to order maybe?

Cheers all

wheel.jpg

The head of the spoke and the threaded part need to be as thick as possible. The shaft should be as thin as possible while still surviving the given loads. With spokes, the bigger number is thinner, and the smaller number is thicker. (ie, 14ga is common on bicycles, 10-ga is for light motorcycles)

When a spoke is "double butted" then the two ends are thicker but the shaft is thinner, and this is what I recommend. The length is the final number that needs to be determined, but...although the hub is the same, the rim may have several diameters for the same nominal size.

You NEED to take off one of the good spokes and measure it.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64324

harmonist said:
Just wondering if anyone can help out with some spoke specs for this hub, I bought it already made up in a MTX33 rim, I've just noticed that I've broken a spoke so better order some new ones, I think the current spokes might be sapim 13G/14G, is 13G the spoke and 14G the nipple? anyone have some opinions on where to order maybe?

Cheers all

wheel.jpg

I use Sapim Strong 13g/14g single-butted spokes. Length is 162mm when this motor is laced in a Sun Ringle MTX33 - 26" wheel.

Can anyone tell me have they had issues with the brake mount on these, i have a Mxus 3k and i think i might downgrade and that was one thing that annoyed hell out of me having to shimming mount

Also anyone running at 72v might run cooler lower amps needing to get to speed.

Cheers

Hi everyone, I just got one from LAEbikes. Awaiting for it to arrive. Can anyone tell me in the mean time if this has a speed sensor built in. I need this info to order my Cycle Analyst.

Thanks everyone.

NASPC said:
Hi everyone, I just got one from LAEbikes. Awaiting for it to arrive. Can anyone tell me in the mean time if this has a speed sensor built in. I need this info to order my Cycle Analyst.

Thanks everyone.

If the motor you ordered has at least one working Hall sensor, then it has a "speed sensor" as far as the Cycle Analyst is concerned.

FYI, I did manage to figure out the wiring on the Motor from LAEbikes. 3 phase wires, 3 hall sensors wires, 1 +12v wire, 1 -12v, and 1 temp sensor wire.

I was running at 3,200watts for a little will I have cooling fins and was never hot to touch . I did find a bungie cord tapped around axle.
All halls won't light up with ebike tester. Look like crack it open.

999zip999 said:
I was running at 3,200watts for a little will I have cooling fins and was never hot to touch . I did find a bungie cord tapped around axle.
All halls won't light up with ebike tester. Look like crack it open.

Or just go to a sensorless controller.

I have one more stator that should work I got two motors both lose there magnets. During repair of one I broke 10 magnets. But reglued with JB weld and this is the only one working or with magnets. Luck is what I need.

Back