Well, it's been almost 5 years since I did the MXUS 3K group buy (with great success), and after running my own custom ebike biz for a few years now, I think it's time to do it again.
I'm going to be ordering a batch of the very popular 1500W (continuous) rated 35mm DD Hub Motors. Some other sellers brand it as "The Edge" motor. I just call it a 35mm DD Hub Motor. But I have it made to specs that most of us here will appreciate.
The Specs Include:
- "V2" Cast Aluminum Stator
- 0.35mm Laminations for ~90% efficiency
- 2.5mm2 (~11AWG) Phase Wires
- Hall Sensors + 10K NTC Thermistor Temp Sensor (6 Wires, 1 set)
- N38 Curved Magnets for slightly improved Magnetic Flux vs. the standard straight magnets
- Fits 135mm Drop-Outs with a 7-Speed Freewheel without much fuss. (3K Motors have a hard time with 7-speed cassettes, and are usually a bit wider)
- Winding Options: 4T (11 RPM/Volt) or 6T (8.5 RPM/Volt)
So Here is how the Group Buy Will Work:
- I'm only Shipping to the USA & Canada. Sorry EU & AUS guys. Just too much hassle to ship outside of North America, and the double shipping won't really make much financial sense.
- I'm only selling Bare Hub Motors. No Laced Wheel options. The logistics just get too messy. The point here is to keep things simple and CHEAP.
- One Motor will be $xxx + Ground Shipping Cost (About $xx for the Continental USA, and About $xx for Canada)
- Two Motors can ship in one box easily, so I can drop the price to $xxx/Motor for multiples of 2 motors) Cost to ship 2 motors is About $xx for Continental USA & $xx for Canada)
- Tell me what winding(s) you want. Options are 4T or 6T (see above). Again, just trying to keep things simple with the two most common motor speeds. If ordering multiple motors, you can mix & match windings if you like.
- Order/Payment deadline is Sunday, April 14, 11:59 p.m.
- Pre-pay With PayPal or By Personal Check. (PM Me for a PayPal invoice or my mailing address.)
- It will take about 6-8 Weeks for the motors to arrive, (Ocean Freight). I'll Ship them all out within 1 week of receiving them. That puts the delivery timeline to you somewhere around Early to Mid June.
Cheers and Happy Building!
~Teslanv (a.k.a. Barent with West Coast Electric Cycles)