24kW stand-up scooter with air suspension

Yesterday tested the scooter for long loads. The long rise of 26 km. At an ambient temperature of +8, an average speed of 37 km\h, the engine temperature did not rise above 55 degrees Celsius.
The road on video took 39 minutes. I sped up the video so it wouldn't be boring.
[youtube]8Ep-VD-PqLY[/youtube]

alex_2d said:
Yesterday tested the scooter for long loads. The long rise of 26 km. At an ambient temperature of +8, an average speed of 37 km\h, the engine temperature did not rise above 55 degrees Celsius.
The road on video took 39 minutes. I sped up the video so it wouldn't be boring.

So it seems the cooling system works well, How you think the temperature will be at the summer when you have 40C? Probably motors temperature will rise up to 90C at the same power levels. This is not bad, my motor goes up to 140-145C easily at the summer.

where I live the summer season all the ebikes suffer from the warm klima.

alex_2d said:
The first 100 km, the tire was very hard and the edge was felt very strongly, causing discomfort when driving.
But then, either the tire got softer or I got used to it. At the moment I don't feel any minuses from the wide "flat" kart tire.

Looks very smooth indeed. :thumb:

Third-person video:
[youtube]HNL-7YsRsx4[/youtube]
[youtube]AC9dH9ujaNc[/youtube]
[youtube]l7DCFng-bMw[/youtube]

alex_2d said:

aha now I understand.. You live nearby the famous ancient Greek cities. The name of this mountain has Greek origin, and is translated as St. Peter.
You should be proud.

icherouveim said:
aha now I understand.. You live nearby the famous ancient Greek cities. The name of this mountain has Greek origin, and is translated as St. Peter.
You should be proud.

I didn't know the Crimean Peninsula was Greek?
My topography and history needs brushing up...

icherouveim said:
You should be proud.
Thanks so much.
The Peninsula has a very rich history. On its territory you can find traces of not only Greek civilization. I myself participated in the excavations of the Celtic settlement, as part of a group from Holland.
If anyone is interested to see the Crimea in more detail, a lyrical digression:
Crimea1
Crimea2
Crimea3

Well, let's continue the theme of the scooter:
[youtube]Cnn0uIW21cI[/youtube]

Hey! I didn't know that Crimea has such a beautiful places! You should visit some of them with your scooter! It reminds me a lot something from Cyprus and Greek islands.
Thanks for posting the Crimea videos, by the way your scooter videos have similar techniques with FlyKit productions, have you learned from them?

icherouveim said:
I didn't know that Crimea has such a beautiful places! You should visit some of them with your scooter!

The Crimea is really the incredible beauty of the place. I consciously moved here 4 years ago.
During this time I managed to pass the Peninsula up and down. I saw almost all the sights and visited hundreds of incredible places.

icherouveim said:
by the way your scooter videos have similar techniques with FlyKit productions, have you learned from them?
I'm one of the founders of Flyknit. I was engaged in video shooting with drones from 2011 to 2017. I designed, built and piloted drones.

Attachments

• 502.jpg
    502.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 4,784
Now I don't know what to say...

How is it possible to be good at building those huge drones, to be a pilot, to be a lawyer, to have family, to use CNC machines so well and to build electric scooters at the same time? and also to publish on ES. Its like you have all the time in the world! lucky you!

Now I understand why your scooter video looks professional.

By the way can the drone at the last photo fly well? Doesn't it need lot of power to take off? 2-3kw maybe?

It has almost humans size it's incredible.
I think you have to create a new post with your drones.

If Mr. Putin will find out how capable man you are then Russian government will hire you to build electric rockets or laser weapons etc for them.

I apologize for my English... The difficulty with the times =)
I don't do everything at the same time. These are different stages of life.

icherouveim said:
By the way can the drone at the last photo fly well? Doesn't it need lot of power to take off? 2-3kw maybe?
Yes, he flew perfectly. Power when holding position - 6.8-7.2 kW. Peak power 18kW.
Video

Back to the topic of the scooter :) Have us on the sly began to to do roads =)
What a pleasure to drive on new asphalt... mmm...
[youtube]gi_-hy_grmU[/youtube]

If anyone had a question why I like the scooter:
[youtube]kx6N0XYYfRs[/youtube]

aha I see you pass thru the halls very easily because this vehicle is really small. Also at the high way it goes really fast! is this noise from the motor or from the tyre?

That's the front tire making that sound. Off-road tire is not suitable for such speeds.
I've already got new tires. Left to make the front rim.
2019-03-25_06-28-10.jpgB_Oj3mnPr48.jpg

alex_2d said:
Back to the topic of the scooter :) Have us on the sly began to to do roads =)
What a pleasure to drive on new asphalt... mmm...
[youtube]gi_-hy_grmU[/youtube]

If anyone had a question why I like the scooter:
[youtube]kx6N0XYYfRs[/youtube]

With my luck, i’ll probably make it out of my driveway 100 feet before the cops pull me over let alone swerving through traffic like what you were doing. Did you have to make that street legal like adding side blinkers, break light,..etc for you to be able to ride it on the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:shock: :lol:
This project gets even better than imagined!
It will surely improve the handling with that tire. Great progress again :thumb:

alex_2d said:
[youtube]NYOdQtjHqM0[/youtube]

Very impressive!
Is it faster now with the new tyre? Have you reduced the top speed from 100km/h to 80km/h for a reason?
Can we see how the brake caliper engages on the disc rotor? The design that holds the rotor on the rim is the opposite from what we see in every scooter.

I thought about the design of the front wheel for a long time. I wanted the most powerful brakes with minimal dimensions. And that was not possible to deform the brake disc when driving offroad.
That's what happened:
901.jpgView attachment 5903.jpg904.jpgView attachment 2906.jpg
At the moment I only drove 90 km to draw final conclusions about the design yet. But the first impressions are extremely positive :)
Increased stability and handling at speeds >50 km/h. Significantly increased brake force and brake handle stroke. Now the braking force can be dosed more accurately.

Back