Greaser/Board track/ cruiser project

paulstung

100 W
Hi there guys.

I'm in the process of getting a shopping list ready for a greaser cruiser style bike, I've used a BBSHD a few times but really want to try a rear hub kit. I have ordered a 60v 23Ah battery, but I'm stuck on the motor.
Option 1 buy a 1000w kit and over volt ?
Option 2 buy a 1500w kit capable of the 60v
The 1500w kit I'm interested in is the Pedalease 2 in 1 1500w, I like the idea of not having a separate controller. Any advice guys ??
Thanks in advance

The motors with controllers built in are vulnerable to heat damage (at the least, advanced aging from heat) to the controller. The higher power you run it at, for longer, the worse the problem will be.

Doesn't mean you'll have problems...but it increases the likelihood.

YOu could check out the Leafmotor 1500w kits; lots of people seem to like them. See Neptronix's posts about them for various threads discussing them, including his build thread(s).

If you do go with the built-in unit, you can always change it out for an external controller if it does fail later on. I'm doing that with an ex-Stromer motor that had a built in controller that cant' be used outside of the Stromer bike itself.

Cheers buddy, The 1500w leaf kit is actually on my list of options, but I'm very tight with money, and the £100+ price for shipping doesn't sit right with me,,lol

I totally understand (I don't earn much, and I have four St. Bernards to feed...plus all my "addictions" (some people call them hobbies :lol: ).

Thanks AW, I was about to start objecting to the word greaser. I was thinking of an Espanola NM chopper bike, and the southwestern ethnic slur.

Clearly the term now means the same thing as a board tracker racing type style. Like the gassers enjoy.

Well get used to it, it is all too common. I remember the first time I looked at BMSBattery website and the prices were cheap, then the shock of the s/h price.

paulstung said:
Cheers buddy, The 1500w leaf kit is actually on my list of options, but I'm very tight with money, and the £100+ price for shipping doesn't sit right with me,,lol

Finally everything is ordered, and the bike is stripped and in the process of paint prep. I opted for a 60v 23Ah battery, and a theebikemotor 3.2" TFT Display+3000W Hi Speed Electric MTB Bicycle E Bike Hub Motor Conversion kit. So hopefully a great machine. The first stock bike

Attachments

• mbm-cruiser-waimea-7-gang-shimano-ty300-schaltwerk-kettenschaltung-blau.jpg
    mbm-cruiser-waimea-7-gang-shimano-ty300-schaltwerk-kettenschaltung-blau.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 968
and what I'm aiming to achieve, but because my chosen bike isn't as stretch, I'm adding a rear rack, with pannier bags, to give it a similar look

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 967
Back