surron bicycle with qs205 middrive

bionicon

1 kW
Hello, dont know if i am posting this in the right section, buts its complicated.
I was looking for a middrive and i liked alot the style of the surron, but this is a moped and not a bicycle, here in Belgium when driving into the woods a bicyle is more accepted then a moped. So i decide to modifie the surron frame to a bicycleframe, made a pedal chainsystem(that i actual can pedal) also i dont like the wining noice of a high rpm middrive i want the silent qs205(4T) as a middrive. Also made a new battery with q30 samsung cells in a 20S 16p configuration. For the controller i use a modified sabvoton 72150 (new fets and caps) and its set at 180dc and 400faze amps,also did make the most parts myself like the batterycover is made out of carbon.Just made my first ride in the woods with my qulbixfriends, i post a little video at the bottom of the page. Here are some pictures of the build:View attachment 18mini_frame 4.jpgmini_last2.jpgmini_last3.jpgmini_kettingspanner.jpgView attachment 13View attachment 12mini_zadel2.jpgmini_trappers.jpgmini_batterijbox(1).jpgView attachment 8mini_batterij.jpgmini_fietske.jpgmini_sabv2.jpgmini_sabv1.jpgmini_chinese spagetti.jpgmini_screen.jpgView attachment 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GPk5EBBuRw&t=37s&fbclid=IwAR1vP8MO1LjypyDzg_I-GNkihmJJ4QRmHC8wjHOUiw4aG6xqnVaHVotL6Ag

Okay, that super cool...But I'm confused. Did you buy a surron and disassemble or were you able to buy the frame alone, or what?

the frame starts at 800usd but ended at almost 1500usd deliverd at home because the salesman came always wit some extra's :(

Wow, that's really different. The pedal setup looks way, way better than the Sur-ron pedal kit.

Looks sweet, the pedals and motor look a little close to the ground tho. Do you mind sharing the alibaba link to the frame you bought?

Baron said:
Looks sweet, the pedals and motor look a little close to the ground tho. Do you mind sharing the alibaba link to the frame you bought?

you can get the surron frame kits now from Aebikes.com .. a trusted surron dealer..

Yes i think also aebikes is the best supplier for the frame , i dont want that someone gets the same miserie i have got with the chinees salesman.
I have ordered a shorter crankset already noticed it also on the first trip.

Wow, really cool project! Totally support the choice of QS205 over the high RPM engine from the regular Sur-Ron. Looks really cool with that frame, amazing work.

Edit: And the video made me seriously envious, we still have too much snow in Norway to go out riding in the forest!

also upgraded the sabvoton 72150 with stronger fets end stronger capasitors i call it franckenstein upgrade :D .

I have just to say WoW! This is the ultimate project!

From what I can hear in the video it should be much quieter now!
(I couldn't understand what you were saying with your friends because you speak a foreign language).

What is the top speed now?
Does the motor get warm ?
What is the front & rear sprockets ratio ?
I can guess the torque is not bad even that the ratio seems to be small.

its very quiet almost nothing just a little chainnoice. The topspeed is arround 80km/u( with field wakening) Front sprocket is 17 t rear 25t so the torque is fun wheely on trottlecommand. Never had the motor to hot. Its a really fun machine.( the language is dutch we are a group of bikenerds from flanders😀)

here is a video from last trip near Brussels,my bike comes shortly in the picture, but it gives a good impression of the speed we mostly driving :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zomYepSf6U&t=28s&fbclid=IwAR2COpIF23QqApcSwJaYnbgUzYmtU_WAe1eSqZ4Qxs7DMqdgeYlFt0q0rtE

Very Very beautiful trail in the forest with lakes and everything, it looks like a dream!
Why your friend with the NYX frame felt down?
Is it because the ebike is overpowered more than 15.000W?
Is he a new rider ? Is the geometry of the frame wrong? Small wheel at the back and big at the front maybe?
The guy at the front with the camera goes very fast in the forest, it looks like 60-70 km / h !!!

we all go that fast :D the guy on the nyx just slips that happens time to time this has nothing to do with the frame :roll:

It looks better than a stock sur-ron. Nice job. People don't look too hard when you ride by?

larsb said:
How did i miss this :D great work!
What happened to the QS 3000w mid?
What's the weight of the frame kit?
The 3000mid is still on the senda, just needs new controller,just keep it as a spare-drive :wink:
the bike complete weight arround 65 kilo's didn't weight the frame alone.
flat tire said:
It looks better than a stock sur-ron. Nice job. People don't look too hard when you ride by?
We mostly drive at mtb tracks in the forrest, sure people look when we ride by, they never seen a "bicycle like that :shock: ,but thats the same with the qulbix,and nyx frame's :roll:
j bjork said:
Really nice :thumb:
If you are using it like a middrive, why not the 3T or 3T-?
I like the torque of the 4t ,now i have a 14tooth in the front and a 25 rear so its arround 1.8 on 1. Maybe next year i will rebuild it then i would use a 5t with a 30s battery for even more torque :D

My friend, the noise comes from the square wave controller and the chain drive.
If you use chain drive from your hub, it will be louder and heavier than a belt drive sur ron.

Back