New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

el_proletario said:
Basically warranty is totally useless with Chinese sellers, I'll use all the info on this thread to fix it.
Agreed, I don't feel like I gave up a thing by "voiding my warranty"

bergerandfries said:
Graham, I have an old Maruishi road bike that I converted. I got the 750w version, a 52v battery, and ran the stock firmware for 150 miles. I just switched to the qmarco 0.18E open source but haven't ridden it much yet. I do recommend that you get the hidden brake sensors for your brakes to slow the wear of the blue gear in the motor. I got the throttle version motor too so that I can add the LM35 temp sensor easily later. I haven't seen many road bike versions posted here, but I've been happy with mine.

Thanks, that sounds like a very similar build! Yeah, I think the touring bike will be good for 95% of the things I do and I think I will go with the 750 W. Last question, is there a particular reason you chose the 52 V version over the 48 V? I recognize the 52 V should give a little more pep, but is it really that much of a difference? And are there any other pertinent reasons that I should go with a 52 V motor rather than a 48 V that I may be missing?

Ok, greetings from Greece! :)

I am a happy owner of the TSDZ2 750W too! :D

I need some simple advice:
What settings should I change to optimize the power and how?
My bike is a 700c trekking and i use it to commute.
48V 10,4AH Battery.
I do the 30km daily comute and it is almost 50% down.
Right now, I use the out-of-the-box default settings and mostly do pedal-assisted commuting.

I would like to remove the 25kph limit and provide a little more power than the default (if possible)
I read somewhere that I can set the max Amper?
Is this true?

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated!

nomidis said:
Ok, greetings from Greece! :)

I am a happy owner of the TSDZ2 750W too! :D

I need some simple advice:
What settings should I change to optimize the power and how?
My bike is a 700c trekking and i use it to commute.
48V 10,4AH Battery.
I do the 30km daily comute and it is almost 50% down.
Right now, I use the out-of-the-box default settings and mostly do pedal-assisted commuting.

I would like to remove the 25kph limit and provide a little more power than the default (if possible)
I read somewhere that I can set the max Amper?
Is this true?

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated!

Here you go :

https://youtu.be/RlMZTA36elQ

Put the 25kmh limit on off and increase speed limit (SD step).

Be careful as it's illegal in the EU. I don't know how is the police dealing with ebikes in Greece but better to not drive too fast in busy areas.

el_proletario said:
qwerkus said:
mctubster said:
qwerkus said:
Was a long march. I completely took the thing apart. First changed the blue gear. Didn't show any improvement. Than I check every bearing and noticed one is making strange noises.
Thanks for the info. Depending on the battery voltage - which I assume changes the resonant frequencies - I can feel the motor through my handle bars ... low quality bearings makes some sense to me from a lay perspective. If you turn your noisy bearing by hand, does it feel rough?

Also is there a guide to dismantling to get at the bearings? or is it as simple as following your nose?

Cheers
Steve

Very similar to my problem. I always have 2 sounds: normal motor whining, and some deeper annoying grinding you can feel through the entire bike. Same grinding can be felt when turning the defective bearing.

Hello,
Which bearing was it precisely? Did you solve it by replacing the bearing only?
I have the same issue you describe (normal motor whining sound and the gear sound on top of it).
I sent it to Italy for repair.(seller pswpower) It came back with the same noise they didn't do anything... They only changed my power cable and put the wrong firmware of non-coaster brake version.
I have now a spare blue gear but I want to change any suspect bearing at the same time.

Basically warranty is totally useless with Chinese sellers, I'll use all the info on this thread to fix it.

Thanks

Never went through the troubles of changing it, but im 99.9% sure it's either one or both bearings of the first reduction (where the blue gear is). I'm not sure though how much noise it would reduce; part of it - at least on my motor - is due to high manufacturing tolerances; there is nearly 0.5mm between the bearings and the casing, which means more vibrations, and more noise. Maybe another bearing would also come slightly larger and fix this issue too ?

graham.m.mcintyre said:
bergerandfries said:
Graham, I have an old Maruishi road bike that I converted. I got the 750w version, a 52v battery, and ran the stock firmware for 150 miles. I just switched to the qmarco 0.18E open source but haven't ridden it much yet. I do recommend that you get the hidden brake sensors for your brakes to slow the wear of the blue gear in the motor. I got the throttle version motor too so that I can add the LM35 temp sensor easily later. I haven't seen many road bike versions posted here, but I've been happy with mine.

Thanks, that sounds like a very similar build! Yeah, I think the touring bike will be good for 95% of the things I do and I think I will go with the 750 W. Last question, is there a particular reason you chose the 52 V version over the 48 V? I recognize the 52 V should give a little more pep, but is it really that much of a difference? And are there any other pertinent reasons that I should go with a 52 V motor rather than a 48 V that I may be missing?
I went with the 52V because higher voltage=less heat generation in the motor. I wanted to keep the amperes as low as I could; the 52V is supported, so I picked it over the 48V. I also try to use the assist only on climbs/windy sections and turn it off on downhill sections so that the motor can cool off. I haven't installed the temperature sensor yet, so I'm being cautious for now, and frankly the bike is heavy enough that it goes plenty fast downhill without assist!

Pedrito said:
hello today finally I tested the bike more thoroughly and made a route of 18km and 600 meters of altitude and say that it was great, I am very happy not to warmed the engine nothing with a ratio of changes of 34-11 / 42 9 speeds, I've made 32km total to the bike and only spent 30% of the battery, I used it most of the time in tour mode but also had to put turbo mode on some costs I'm usually happy with the purchase
Here's a 42T offset TSDZ2 chainring with Narrow/Wide feature.
Here is my 8 speed 26" road setup. I tried a lot of different casettes etc. But going from my 50t ring to your 42t may be all that's needed. Rapid rise is a hot street setup, but not for climbing under load.
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/main-forum/diy-discussion/73463-gary-fisher-solsitice-bbshd-project

https://www.electrifybike.com/store/p65/42_Tooth_Narrow%2FWide_CNC_7075_T6_Chainring_%2810mm_offset%29_for_TSDZ2.html#/

Hi all,
I just the TSDZ2 a few days ago, and haven't done more than a couple of km for a test run. I've got a issue where the entire axle in the crank is a bit loose so that the crank arms wobble when you pull in them, and it makes a tick sound every turn of the pedals when you ride it. I've made sure everything else is tightened properly, but you can still se the axle moving when you yank the arms back and forth.

Is there any way this can be tightened/adjusted or should I return it?

Edit: The clicking probably was the pedal that didn't work properly after the winter, and it got better after a while. A bit less worried now. The axle still flexes but now it doesn't feel like it will fall apart any moment.

Thanks,
Ancan

This thing with the looseness of the axle is what i see as well. I got my kit 2 weeks now and i have done 80 km so far.
The effect is not so big. Does not feel near falling apart at all, but i feel a slight looseness on my feet when i pedal.

If i try stationary to move the crank arm in and out, I feel a movement of a milimiter or maybe less. Not on the center of the axle. On the edge of the crank arm.

Is this expected? Normal?

nomidis said:
This thing with the looseness of the axle is what i see as well. I got my kit 2 weeks now and i have done 80 km so far.
The effect is not so big. Does not feel near falling apart at all, but i feel a slight looseness on my feet when i pedal.

If i try stationary to move the crank arm in and out, I feel a movement of a milimiter or maybe less. Not on the center of the axle. On the edge of the crank arm.

Is this expected? Normal?

my engine is completely adjusted and without any slack, tightly tighten the cranks that are aluminum and can take slack and tightly tightened all the catches

If the axle is a bit loose, you can remove the gasket/seal on the non drive side, and insert a washer or two behind the lock ring... then re-insert the lock ring... may be a task to get as tight as you want, but I assure you, if you get it tight, it removes the problem. Several people have tried and did not find this to be so, but I can confirm if you insert the correct amount of washers and refit the lock ring (I repeat, can be a task) then this will remove the play.

I can upload a demonstration file later if needed...

So remove the seal on the non drive side:
tsdz2nondriveseal.jpg

then remove the lock ring, and insert some identical washers until you can BARELY slide the lockring back down to snap on. In order to get it snug, I cannot place the lock ring with the pliers...I get it as far back as I can, then I have to slide it until it locks back into the groove, because you will need to apply some pressure if you put enough washers there to snug everything up...
tsdz2nondrivebehindseallockring.jpg

Washer size / part info to follow...

wow! thats some technical stuff..!

But should I really do such repair on newly bought motor?
I mean is it wise to open it up, or to return?

Yet the effect is only very slight and does not seem to get worse with the use...

Anyone here who knows how the coaster brake version (http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2018-26-take) differs mechanical from the freewheel version? How hard would it be to mod the freewheel version to a coaster version?

eyebyesickle said:
So remove the seal on the non drive side:
tsdz2nondriveseal.jpg

then remove the lock ring, and insert some identical washers until you can BARELY slide the lockring back down to snap on. In order to get it snug, I cannot place the lock ring with the pliers...I get it as far back as I can, then I have to slide it until it locks back into the groove, because you will need to apply some pressure if you put enough washers there to snug everything up...
tsdz2nondrivebehindseallockring.jpg

Washer size / part info to follow...

I'm a bit ambivalent to this. You're applying longitudinal pressure to remedy lateral flex, and I suspect the reason it works is because you put pressure on the inner part of the bearing while the outer part is fixed, and the balls will be squeezed between the two cups. These bearings aren't made to take sideway forces and I will probably cause it to wear prematurely. But I'm not an engineer, so I might be wrong.

If it's the bearing that causes the flex, could it possibly be replaced with a quality bearing instead?

the satellite cable of the standard display can be used to flash a TSDZ2 with @casainho's opensource software. It is a Julet 5 pin female with 5 wires soldered to the display, 13cm long, maybe a bit too long.

Having too wobbling crank axle. Got my 250w kit installed week ago and after 150km ride noticed cranks wobbling. First thought cranks were loose but after checking found they are tight but axle is loose.

Short video https://youtu.be/7iOWg5nUjfo

Today asked from pswpower about this and they replied wobbling to be normal. It is a bit irritating so perhaps need to try that washer tinkering...

Thinking to make open source firmware upgrade but perhaps will wait a bit because it will stop warranty. My unit sw version is 3.6. In LCD5 manual were 3.7. What you have - can it be updated?

jtsavola said:
Having too wobbling crank axle. Got my 250w kit installed week ago and after 150km ride noticed cranks wobbling. First thought cranks were loose but after checking found they are tight but axle is loose.

Short video https://youtu.be/7iOWg5nUjfo

Today asked from pswpower about this and they replied wobbling to be normal. It is a bit irritating so perhaps need to try that washer tinkering...

Thinking to make open source firmware upgrade but perhaps will wait a bit because it will stop warranty. My unit sw version is 3.6. In LCD5 manual were 3.7. What you have - can it be updated?

Looks like mine:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mLghqp4QBk8FuQKn9

I also asked, and got the reply that it's normal. Let's hope it holds together.

I'm definitely going with the open source firmware. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the warranty you get from Chinese retailers aint really what you get in EU/US anyway. I'm enjoying the motor so far, but have some things I hope is better with the other f/w.
- I don't believe I have that fast cadence, but the motor really stops helping when I'm up in my normal cadence, and when it get's heavy up-hill I get more help from moving up a couple of gears which doesn't feel right.
- ...and in those situation the throttle is useless. It doesn't give you a push in any way - just a one second of hesitation where there's no power at all, and then a weak push that is nothing more than if you just kept on pedalling.

cnrd said:
Anyone here who knows how the coaster brake version (http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2018-26-take) differs mechanical from the freewheel version? How hard would it be to mod the freewheel version to a coaster version?

Different main gear w/ no clutch and a different controller...

eyebyesickle said:
cnrd said:

Hmmm, others are saying the controller is just the same. Can you please show evidence that is different??

casainho said:
eyebyesickle said:
cnrd said:

Hmmm, others are saying the controller is just the same. Can you please show evidence that is different??

No sorry, you'll have to take my word for it on this one... I didn't take pictures etc but confirmed visually and through reprogramming that there were differences... I'm quite certain.

eyebyesickle said:
casainho said:
eyebyesickle said:
cnrd said:

No sorry, you'll have to take my word for it on this one... I didn't take pictures etc but confirmed visually and through reprogramming that there were differences... I'm quite certain.
I am asking this because Rydon is trying to test our firmware on that version and says it probably has the same controller. If it is different, well, then it will not work...

TSDZ2 / TongSheng new motor version??

Screenshot-from-2019-04-13-15-22-20.png

I just saw on PSWPower site, it is on category of TSDZ2 but has a different name... what you guys know / think??

See here: http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2019-3p-953s

casainho said:
TSDZ2 / TongSheng new motor version??

Screenshot-from-2019-04-13-15-22-20.png

I just saw on PSWPower site, it is on category of TSDZ2 but has a different name... what you guys know / think??

See here: http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2019-3p-953s
Just looking at it I see cooling fins. I also see the plastic 2nd drive side cover is now part of the housing. I gained some room there, but without measuring I can't tell if this is better or not. They went to 44t chainring which is what I had to do to get a decent chainline for my Shimano IGH bike. So maybe it's better in that regard. The 44t ring might be worth having for a TSDZ2 if it sits down around the pinion bump. This assumes it's a TS product and has compatable bolt patterns.

Back