Hall/Phase wiring tester????

Wolfeman

1 kW
I'm working on hooking up a new Infineon clone 18 FET controller to a CL HS3580 motor. I am not having ANY luck trying the different wire combinations. All I get is juddering, reverse or nothing. Please tell me there is a tester tool designed specifically for figuring this out. Starting to get really frustrated....

I've followed many of the help threads here on ES and for whatever reason, I'm just not getting it. Thanks in advance.

Talon said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=171606 This diagram works the best for myself :D

I tried that and got nothing. Now it won't do anything and I'm afraid I fried a hall sensor or a mosfet.

Thanks for the replies guys. Pretty sure I either blew a hall sensor or a mosfet while trying the different combos. I'll buy one of the testers and move forward more carefully. I guess I got in too much of a hurry trying to get it going. The idea of 7kW to the back wheel got me a little excited....

That tester is very good for telling if you blew a hall sensor. Blown fets generally show themselves as the wheel locks up till you unplug the phase wires. But that tester will tell you if the controller is broken, for other reasons.

But since it runs backwards, I think you have the problem that has at times made me almost cry. Every time you check the combo that does work, one of your contacts is bad, but looks fine. And then you pass it by.

Back