Kuberg Freerider Extended Swingarm Project

trazor said:
skeetab5780 said:
Every time I take this bike out I get the EV grin all over again...its the only bike I own that does it

Running mint no issues at all, big bike im on tippy toes when I stop but I love it!

It is just so fast and fun to launch and the power to weigh ratio Is superb. I am liking the eastgem wheels a lot too!
MA96knp00_Tu4oJtP6A1P5hE5w3X_Lx_GuYij5hfE3CVOv2DXKIuwoxeMocj3EOJe73oNSBLxGyc1RLSMv-vc8rTWU4EZtev0wv8mWH-YKbixA2i-1_6o2zM_MDxLKLimlmuoUNXIQUa2gFqTPU1ybDdJKqDGGDDgaH9fxZ6iFZfAfIJlVvNmkDN9nJWt3AdqN_F2HM5UpgK62oN4ZBJmIvZBCVD8bffI0UhTXjT7QWE66ziMvo8DJHkl_ES6TBzpNe7l-_4eYPQdi6dGAq2IQBoqCtcyT1ulHIOAmRXFaIYjj5unURQMCStVDwRCfFE69r7a2ja32rKPtVrGgz8871iHqOArMLYInFPVMdOvKdM23fZ0f_yLgTOdfYP7xLw_y8tIG155G_yCQUrS9oVe3RHqR2MOR3-JvgqQ3XhP2f-tdKe7pUa6Q0MggkXe43SMWa40rr-BPNIBcb1WuXR9k-JPqqxk0KlltEFYEZKpFMHvEgw_tzcsmxO5UWOJRICiX5iiFiZqL62aqEnZjfMyFWVwmvfYNEG5qWq_5SDsy7YgptwZeP0cevobUUjbkAK4q6jVL_WX0WBarzSM1Sn-8Fr3gLwrPJwS3PyuJHRB7oX2T5c67exXwsFbQjc_uvAeLKz-ZlKUzxBmy9f5DVLt5w9UwmzT-o=w1246-h934-no

5MskIcvZ2ymmUTC0JcfeLk8PPpmzwY9QzXl6qAINkG3-cvsa5wqubAipH7Jj6MfzK2QEJoi7ynbqvCY2Nw8WdPZw0-afgHSOrrQEyrOSzlGCFMM3H-4RSeVWGgjPbqIZgJeYnZHp3wBOySnUlTd7QqnREIvq8NYpqmY-cDdqtL8Urdb67g85neBQSnyHXpWMmG0OxpCZLAO0jETaMY4n5qXOPDjz7BzK_kao2gSIH9j2bJ2xwPoDWakuHC9mLBk_IE7M7gGNu7dKROKQva0JFRKwfjLar5y9veK-NG-Dzwv-tAwDjO038jWu6mYsx2ly9BUP9vTuDsgwZc3e4YQvjjBsTPwMQqNmc7A2Bo7qdyXDyYq6CBT48oAzk2zpQUYuxPylkRlMmleiZsAIWAFciVoSSBCAarlNO-d9m-72DaJbCNROpdMh1lJCjYpMHClNqCh04pKMlZflGm2qD6Zvlx-9AsNMPINxyVFVLYvscEG5UmW5ttAxYLXwrjaNd7rMAv-O7Afe4axB8GzrpmLaOmyjMM4_fQ8F1ZGLMFRMexAYhDcbxvQhe2tjJ_3E0zw3Yx82jmdqz2ihPgSQZTcNP8vyAqzhyhoXZVp5VQkMfh0AVBaAOv3DRAep6XOtKK6fH1WO7ZUkyk9AAlwUwL8dzRutrZ0rIeI=w1246-h934-no

5crxU__MsXF3wx_EOweeWDu_JTVkfQfSnaXfeXLtLRRYKzeVWamAILeSz8Fidob0FKtIMebubvYZBIqVXtA-whh_Xucs59Bthrf2sBFgAMXFEFk4tVZBwK_gwH39EE30FymBvOfdXBvy5XubeMVXZApRvnvmpUzOhSpzHhiuA3dZD-oc0Av10rJfpTorw5Sdk__xSHKcIsuGno2--CyfbmjLFGiW03VVlJ26Lb3W7qZZEUNlSWFbEsvBIXor-p6vO9BqcTs76EkXstKLGQqPs8V2jPNdCtMJXwBZTiD0gZL95FxnjQ77Ulkq5UZehV2IZDEiNYGvbnh3qn4pnOuT264pj3UwATzjXnp18IQ-kiFO3ghskD29-Ehw48apLZxF6VYyPuGmuwSR-k5GHFqVSBXZwA0fslj7sVj2M-6ocUR6buBcX164ZKuE9yarwdwdetCJKrk0M3JeoYl7PvgwYmb3mkLhfRLtikwW57Diz0In768NcG-k9DCEqkqMxux1K7Z8vcjT1CfWZZiBVrGDvx50nnfrjeapd84aKtiQAEOcKasPE_BmQdtpqvI8qHH1X-1zBZI6RrtbKd6lxPHxh51ZvgH6oRdj7YAI_h_qelFhn880IuIaxdhvpX9Bsq1Yb4JYGszJjUzrfCGBfP3w6j6KTm6AZ0I=w1246-h934-no

IJqjksFC3I2UshK4hgLV-7SYDFhG1NgdxZD3vL3IsATTA7a7awDvoBH44wHC69Jccn1kVB9chKIg_nep6AEj5j9bzEWmuMJhqyMijvvkXDwbD2SLSQ-iyHDEc-chOPGVE0C8bcOzxpyu_jvGgB9EzoTnTXPNlc4Ff7SDdIKvTV6BTVoWar_JQ8K2n4fxD4HszSVpGMpfodvIqzDIZ2xIe595CMnExVGver3m83ngdT22o7qQzebzAasQCEeIoygMQ8sx4viQPFw2ZioiHW7X6KgsWT0eUxeINuY8gsiI-aXRC1COi-HZKtVULAEp4EWn7bDZJelFF8Eo3LkjKrF2ESG5HuoSv7uYjsG4WkGChBom9TU7SDI11SgpY1e9XQMG5tPtQ2W40dw7Yy9rRoOf4SyJBzV27ron-Qs_qBK4HmPkbZuMNmfMg8NfskmyR5S6H-gd0AXx3Dd2WY9uGpJnnHXmuAEAPyQAqhMUd1hHg5pRGJgDV0_xs2oigplD6N4-siPhKp8sky7fHWN09MUoC2DyjGnpg3v1ZuoyNsFUYqwx54nROfx0WNuZtsO3E8ULwZxLdA7qnvyl3O4Niyr0Ai_J_ZD_FPhTEGgHsVCt9fvgcelbFmr7aaTY7jwTMDqa8CrlU8wFHGY4Lgeu8z3uk8QY56ecFOw=w1246-h934-no

I can't see the images. Probably behind a non public service.

thanks I accidentally uploaded them to my non branded account, hopefully they work now!
IMG_3640 (1).jpg

trazor said:
They work now. Nice skid plate!. Which front fender are you using? How it works for you? Looks a bit short on the front so maybe some mud fliies to helmet/face at higher speeds. I'm on the research of the perfect fender.

Its the Topeak Defender 26" front fender it was adequate when I ran a 26" downhill front but now its more for looks... just like the rear stock fender its too skinny! I'm more of a fair weather rider anyway unfortunately

Skid plate is so beefy its actually stock from Kuberg!

Here are a couple of pics from this weekends rides. This was the first weekend where we had sunshine and not a drop of rain for three days! Don't tell anyone but I actually left my bike outside under my back steps overnight twice since it was easy..

This bike still amazes me everytime I ride it! still don't know the top speed, but I rarely hold the throttle wide open more than once or twice on a ride for a straight away
IMG_3872.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3877 (1).jpg

fwiw, it looks like your pics are hosted on google somewhere, rather than attached to your posts here on es (and thus saved with the post). i can't view them even if i copy the image url and paste them into the url bar of the browser. so they're either missing from those specific links, or you don't have permissions set to allow others to view them.

it's also possible that google changed something (even just one character) in those ********extremely******** long urls, whcih means no link using the previous url will work anymore.

or they may have disabled external site access to pics on their servers, like photobucket did.

so while your pics may still be out there on google's servers, you'd have to find them on whatever webpage you used to upload them, and then relink them in each of your posts so that everyone can see them again.

instead, i would recommend that you always attach your pics direclty to your posts, so that anyone that can see the post can see the pics.

not visible to me (in any browser, with or without addons disabled), in any of the threads.

sometimes external image sites block some people from seeing things, but not others, for reasons i've never been able to determine.

the only way i know to make sure everyone can see the pics is to attach them to the posts themselves, so they come from the same server the post and text do.

amberwolf said:
not visible to me (in any browser, with or without addons disabled), in any of the threads.

sometimes external image sites block some people from seeing things, but not others, for reasons i've never been able to determine.

the only way i know to make sure everyone can see the pics is to attach them to the posts themselves, so they come from the same server the post and text do.

Ya im going to have to take an entire weekend and go thru them. It will be brutal since i try to post them in order to tell a story. Ill have to edit every post

i can't see stuff from imgur 99% of the time. others have had trouble too. same with lots of other hosting sites. (and remember what photobucket did)

if you want poeple to see the pics in a post, the only "guaranteed" way is to attach the images to the post.

if something is hosted on an external site instead of being right there with the post, eventually the other site is going to change something, or go away, and the information will be lost.

often this makes a post (or a whole thread) completely worthless, as the real information in the thread was in the pics (or other non-text information linked there).

so i don't recommend ever linking to something offsite unless you specifically intend for it to be ephemeral and potentially inaccessible even immediately.

Well the worst thing has happened! I lost a cell in one of my Multi-star packs.....uggg

I basically let the bike sit inside my warehouse all winter, i did check a few of the packs with a battery medic, and i also let a friend ride it once to stretch her legs. But there is one Multi-star pack that is wedged way up under the seat that i couldn't get to the JST balance leads...and what do you know, this is the pack that lost a cell. Third cell is a dud

IMG_4783.jpg
I found this all out after i took the bike for an errand in town like 5 mile round trip, when i got back i noticed some packs at 3.6v and some at 3.9 i was like WTF?? So i brought the bike home to balance charge it and get them nice and even. After doing a little digging i found the bad news..
IMG_4784.jpg
So i had to tear the sub frame off and take a look
IMG_4785.jpg
Cell was at 1.1v says my BC168 charger, but i tried single cell charging it and it wouldnt even maintain 1.59v then it went back down lower immediately
IMG_4787.jpg
Sadly put the bike back together with only 18s12ah again, sad times
IMG_4789.jpg

On a positive note, got the bike out for a nice rip and the thing is so scary fast, I still suck at long wheelies. Had fun trying them in a field racing around while my daughter learned to ride a Voloci with all her safety gear on, i followed her around with the Kuberg, unfortunately now that it only runs 12ah it doesn't last long with this beast Kelly controller. I was able to make my packs drop to 3.7v almost 5 minutes into the ride if i slammed on the throttle hard!

Attachments

• IMG_4798.jpg
    IMG_4798.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 2,783
Have i ever said i love this bike! Well i do

The LRHD motor has been so bulletproof with the old trusty Kelly controller that i have not even thought to try out my new LR XL motor and votol setup

Gives me the E-grin everytime i ride it, even if i only have the 12ah multistar battery since i lost a cell in the other half

Just lubed the chain pumped up the tires and adjusted the suspension, she still rides like a dream! I do want to weld wider footpegs on tho, they are tiny moto pegs and to be honest 12ah is enough for my feet to handle!

Hey . Are you happy with suspension from dnm ? Is it stiff ,responsive, reacts on small rocks roots etc ?
Ppl say that these forks twist easily ...

pxl666 said:
Hey . Are you happy with suspension from dnm ? Is it stiff ,responsive, reacts on small rocks roots etc ?
Ppl say that these forks twist easily ...

The rear shock is great, i would not buy the front one again with an electric bike. I would like to upgrade to the dorado if i could afford

pxl666 said:
Fork is not rigid enough or too soft ?

I would say both for the weight of me and the bike its over 300lbs

just lining up the stanchions while trying to put a wheel on is hard enough, should tell you something

Got the Ebay dirt bike and the Kuberg out for a ride but hit a dead end in the trail, She has trouble turning the heavy dirt bike around especially with the bad turn radius due to the pit bike forks

IMG_6252.jpg

Quick vid of MX978Boyz Danny testing out the Kuberg Freerider for the first time

Last edited:
Ok so after doing a little 3 lap race around my mini track in the backyard with the Denzel dirt bike being much faster in the corners compared to the very tall Kuberg freerider with street tires... I decided to go back to a downhill front tire and see where that gets me. The bike is even a tad taller now which is fine for me

IMG_7286.jpg
IMG_7289.jpg
IMG_7290.jpg

I have been riding the Kuberg Freerider alot more lately this summer since I went back to a 26" downhill front tire. I may end up building a new battery for it for longer range since these old 12ah multi stars still perform great they only last about 30minutes

Last edited:
Back