SURRON LB: RESEARCH & DEVELOPEMENT

skyungjae said:
skyungjae said:
It looks like ERT is taking pre-orders on their plug and play ASI:

https://electricrt.com/sur-ron-upgrades/

I posted this in the main Sur Ron thread, but it'll be buried quick considering that it's 129 pages at the moment. Posting it here so it'll be easier to find in the future.

What's the latest word on this upgrade? Expected delievery dates etc....
This with a battery upgrade = totally different bike.

Jonathan1981 said:
skyungjae said:
skyungjae said:
It looks like ERT is taking pre-orders on their plug and play ASI:

https://electricrt.com/sur-ron-upgrades/

I posted this in the main Sur Ron thread, but it'll be buried quick considering that it's 129 pages at the moment. Posting it here so it'll be easier to find in the future.

What's the latest word on this upgrade? Expected delievery dates etc....
This with a battery upgrade = totally different bike.

this with new forks and a bunch of other upgrades too :lol:

anyone know what the range and speed is on this new controller??

liveforphysics said:
Range isn't something you're going to improve greatly with a cell swap, because range is about energy. You could improve it some (maybe 25-35% with a MJ1 cell or 35E cell, or M50 cell).

The cell swap advantages come from the ability to double/triple the power available from a pack at the stock weight and dimensions.

Cell swaps are way more geared around people hunting HP than hunting range.

thanks :thumb: what would be the best option for improved range ?

Time to get this thread roll'n.... prompted from recent post on surron owners FB pages by Russ Holmes....
He broke his rear suspension linkage at the center pivot...
worked on a new beefier design....think this would be worth it?

*note, this would be "upgraded stock"....version... a "longer travel" version is feasible to work with stock shock also but would raise the back end up just under an inch, so about .75"-1" more rear wheel travel to be had but you would need to raise the front end to compensate, possibly crown dropper or 27.5" fork etc.

Attachments

• Broken_link.jpg
    Broken_link.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,696
  • 2019-04-01 (2).jpg
    2019-04-01 (2).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 4,696
  • 2019-04-01 (4).jpg
    2019-04-01 (4).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 4,696
  • 2019-04-01 (5).jpg
    2019-04-01 (5).jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 4,696
Rix said:
Probably just riding along, smelling flowers, enjoying the scenery, and BAM, linkage failure.

That's what I figured. I think I see some flowers on the left here

lol, different topic but...

Just tackled this today. Thought I'd post it here for all time.
So cheap chinese ebay light switch connecting to Surron front light... if you're wondering how to connect it up, this is how to do it. it's not that difficult but not that apparent either given chinese wire color coding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjX9g_CNS8M

Attachments

• Surron_light_switch.jpg
    Surron_light_switch.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 4,418
overdosedart said:
fechter said:
What was he doing when it broke?

I was jumping mate, 3/4ft
We'll see if anyone else manages to break one. It's possible yours had some kind of material defect. Also if the shock isn't dialed in right, it may have bottomed out causing a sharp spike in the forces. From what I can tell, the part is forged, so should be even stronger than a part that's just CNC machined from a billet.

skyungjae said:
I should be getting my bike back this weekend. :twisted:
Cool. I love the data overlay on the video.

What kind of battery is he using? Any range estimates with that system?

I love the datalog overlay on your video!

Nice work on getting 12kW to your motor, it loves to be fed a lot of power! :flame: :mrgreen:

skyungjae said:
fechter said:
skyungjae said:
I should be getting my bike back this weekend. :twisted:
Cool. I love the data overlay on the video.

What kind of battery is he using? Any range estimates with that system?

I bought 12 of these when they were on sale:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-5s1p-30c-xt90.html

It's configured 20S24Ah. I'll be able to get a better real world range estimate once I get the bike back from ERT.

That will fit in the stock battery case? can you document this project? how everything is connected up...?

Are you part of the owner's group on Facebook? One of the taller members had a similar issue and fabbed this up not too long ago:

Seat compartment.JPG
[/quote]

Hi skyungjae,

can't find this mod on FB. Could you send me a link, where did you find it pls. thank you

Suspension upgrades anyone? I have read about alot of swaps within the realm of downhill mountainbike suspension; Fox 40, Manitou Dorado, etc etc. ( Luna is currently selling the Rox shocks Debonair model).

The current video making the rounds is the guy racing harescrambles in colorado on the Debonair forks. As he narrates his race he is complaining about the lack of "full moto suspension". He suffers from arm pump and describes the experience like riding a jackhammer.

I bought a junk Honda crf150rb bike and am thinking of grafting the front end onto my new Sur Ron with the DNM forks. Same 19 inch wheel but more travel, weight and brakes. is this a waste of time and effort? I have not ridden my bike much to know if the forks even need upgrading but I am coming at this as a dirtbike rider rather than a bicycle rider.

The CRF150rb is a youth mx race bike with fully adjustable Showa forks with about 10 inches travel compared to the surron 8 inches

a longer fork will really slack the head angle resulting in slower handling, and poor climbing .. and the stock bike doesn't have enough power to make larger jumps to utilize the heavier mx suspension imo.. so if you do it just make sure it's reversible..

Surprised nobody has made a raising link for the back end.

150RB forks would be an excellent upgrade if you have access to a lathe.

you could remove the rear suspension linkage and mount the rear shock directly to the swing arm and that would raise the rear, add a longer shock as needed.. but then won't have the progressive suspension dynamic of the linkage ..

Back