Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Electric Motors and Controllers
Post Reply
Minatauro   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 22 2018 5:59am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Minatauro » Apr 11 2019 6:04am

ashrambo wrote:
Apr 11 2019 5:47am
Minatauro wrote:
Apr 11 2019 4:44am
I flashed my motor with the latest v3.4 this morning and cycled 15km. This was the only version I had issues with. I was randomly getting E07 error and the motor lost power on each occasion for about 30 seconds each time then returned to normal. This happened when using both Eco and Tour settings (70 and 160 assistance settings)
I have a 48v motor and using the VLCD5. I enabled the latest beta release and the backwards resistance off and set the master assistance to 1.3. The only other values changed was for my battery.
I always switch the boost on as well as the off road for the fastest possible commute.
Having tried all the versions I too believe that the best for continuous power is the version 2.0 configurator with v16D.


BOOST_DISABLED_ON_OEM E01
DEFAULT_ENABLED_ON_OEM E02
STREET_ENABLED_ON_OEM E03
OFFROAD_ENABLED_ON_OEM E04
BOOST_ENABLED_ON_OEM E05
OVERTEMPERATURE E06
EBIKE_WHEEL_BLOCKED E07
OVERVOLTAGE E08
I wonder what exactly EBIKE_WHEEL_BLOCKED E07 means. It mainly seemed to happen when I was stopped at traffic lights and before I was about to move off, so I would not have been pedaling at the time.

Zelenaar   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 11 2019 5:52am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Zelenaar » Apr 11 2019 6:44am

First of all a big tnx to the people spending time to bring this firmware to the openSource world.

Need some help ...
I was a very happy user of the qmarco firmware vM0.16D for 144 km ... until my converted Giant xtc MtSnow went to the bikeshop for some repair on the diskbrakes.
Most probably a coincidence but since the bikeshop repair the tsdz2 motor is no longer working.
The display is still working

But
- the battery indicator is always on 1 bar (for sure the battery is fully charged).
- no assistance at all by motor
- walk assist not working when holding the down key
- speed indicator not working (magnet still installed as before)
- change modes (ie street mode) no longer working as before
- odo is still on 144km

I'm on holiday in Spain and have limited tools at my disposal. (and shame on me, I forgot the programmer and cable at home :evil: )
Anybody an idea what the rootcause could be (and how to solve) ?
- Controller defect ? (but how come display is still working)
- Is there a way (without the programmer) to "reset" the firmwware ?

tnx anyway

grecoa   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 18 2018 4:51am
Location: UK S.Yorks

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by grecoa » Apr 12 2019 2:47am

Zelenaar wrote:
Apr 11 2019 6:44am
First of all a big tnx to the people spending time to bring this firmware to the openSource world.

Need some help ...
I was a very happy user of the qmarco firmware vM0.16D for 144 km ... until my converted Giant xtc MtSnow went to the bikeshop for some repair on the diskbrakes.
Most probably a coincidence but since the bikeshop repair the tsdz2 motor is no longer working.
The display is still working

But
- the battery indicator is always on 1 bar (for sure the battery is fully charged).
- no assistance at all by motor
- walk assist not working when holding the down key
- speed indicator not working (magnet still installed as before)
- change modes (ie street mode) no longer working as before
- odo is still on 144km

I'm on holiday in Spain and have limited tools at my disposal. (and shame on me, I forgot the programmer and cable at home :evil: )
Anybody an idea what the rootcause could be (and how to solve) ?
- Controller defect ? (but how come display is still working)
- Is there a way (without the programmer) to "reset" the firmwware ?

tnx anyway
Hi Zelenaar
The same symptoms have happened to me after trying to load a new firmware and I can only think that is because the firmware has become corrupted during loading.
Not sure what they did during your service but it may be that somehow your firmware has become corrupt. The only solution is to reload the firmware.
What I now do when loading firmware is to first of all erase existing Program Memory and Data Memory tabs by loading them with all zeros before loading the new firmware. This makes sure that all memory is clear and that the new firmware can load correctly.
There is no way I know of without a ST programmer and PC to reset the firmware :(

Zelenaar   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 11 2019 5:52am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Zelenaar » Apr 12 2019 9:45am

grecoa wrote:
Apr 12 2019 2:47am
Zelenaar wrote:
Apr 11 2019 6:44am
First of all a big tnx to the people spending time to bring this firmware to the openSource world.

Need some help ...
I was a very happy user of the qmarco firmware vM0.16D for 144 km ... until my converted Giant xtc MtSnow went to the bikeshop for some repair on the diskbrakes.
Most probably a coincidence but since the bikeshop repair the tsdz2 motor is no longer working.
The display is still working

But
- the battery indicator is always on 1 bar (for sure the battery is fully charged).
- no assistance at all by motor
- walk assist not working when holding the down key
- speed indicator not working (magnet still installed as before)
- change modes (ie street mode) no longer working as before
- odo is still on 144km

I'm on holiday in Spain and have limited tools at my disposal. (and shame on me, I forgot the programmer and cable at home :evil: )
Anybody an idea what the rootcause could be (and how to solve) ?
- Controller defect ? (but how come display is still working)
- Is there a way (without the programmer) to "reset" the firmwware ?

tnx anyway
Hi Zelenaar
The same symptoms have happened to me after trying to load a new firmware and I can only think that is because the firmware has become corrupted during loading.
Not sure what they did during your service but it may be that somehow your firmware has become corrupt. The only solution is to reload the firmware.
What I now do when loading firmware is to first of all erase existing Program Memory and Data Memory tabs by loading them with all zeros before loading the new firmware. This makes sure that all memory is clear and that the new firmware can load correctly.
There is no way I know of without a ST programmer and PC to reset the firmware :(
Hi Grecoa
Tnx for the feedback
I was thinking (and maybe hoping) that a corrupt firmware is indeed the rootcase (and not a harware failure).

To All,
Nobody in the wide area (150km) of Cambrils or next week Valencia (both Spain) that could help me out with a oneTime usage of a ST programmer and connector cable to save my mountainbike holiday ?
(bottle of Cava or Vermut or Spanish Gin would be given with pleasure :twisted: )

Sergio1990   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 27 2019 2:49pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Sergio1990 » Apr 27 2019 3:47pm

Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks

grecoa   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 18 2018 4:51am
Location: UK S.Yorks

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by grecoa » Apr 28 2019 3:34am

Sergio1990 wrote:
Apr 27 2019 3:47pm
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio
I have not seen that problem.
Only thing I can suggest is when programming the controller first off all make sure that you write all 0's to both the Program Memory and Data Memory areas using STLink. This will make sure that all previous code is removed before writing new code.
I hope this helps.

Minatauro   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 22 2018 5:59am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Minatauro » Apr 29 2019 5:32am

Sergio1990 wrote:
Apr 27 2019 3:47pm
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio,
I have the exact same setup with 48v motor and 13S4P and using version vM0.16.d and VLCD5. The error E08 was pointed out to me earlier as being 'OVERVOLTAGE E08'. I never had this problem myself but did you change the battery settings?
Mine are:
max battery Power 650w
max battery current source 17.0
battery cells 13
low voltage cutoff to 39.0v
battery pack resistance to 103 mohms

These are working great for me and speed is displaying fine. I have default wheel parameter unchanged and just changed to 700 on the display for my wheels.

Sergio1990   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 27 2019 2:49pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Sergio1990 » Apr 29 2019 3:33pm

grecoa wrote:
Apr 28 2019 3:34am
Sergio1990 wrote:
Apr 27 2019 3:47pm
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio
I have not seen that problem.
Only thing I can suggest is when programming the controller first off all make sure that you write all 0's to both the Program Memory and Data Memory areas using STLink. This will make sure that all previous code is removed before writing new code.
I hope this helps.
Cool, all is running without the error code :thumb:
Thanks for this hint with the cleaning of the controller.

But something was strange... If you pull the bike backwards, it is very strong. The motor is then like a brake. But the rest is working very well. I keep testing.

grecoa   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 18 2018 4:51am
Location: UK S.Yorks

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by grecoa » Apr 29 2019 4:55pm

Sergio1990 wrote:
Apr 29 2019 3:33pm
grecoa wrote:
Apr 28 2019 3:34am
Sergio1990 wrote:
Apr 27 2019 3:47pm
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio
I have not seen that problem.
Only thing I can suggest is when programming the controller first off all make sure that you write all 0's to both the Program Memory and Data Memory areas using STLink. This will make sure that all previous code is removed before writing new code.
I hope this helps.
Cool, all is running without the error code :thumb:
Thanks for this hint with the cleaning of the controller.

But something was strange... If you pull the bike backwards, it is very strong. The motor is then like a brake. But the rest is working very well. I keep testing.
Good that it is working!
The later versions that marcoq is working on has a fix for the Backward Resistance that you mention. Myself and others have been testing it for a while, there should be a new release of the marcoq code soon.

User avatar
elem   100 W

100 W
Posts: 135
Joined: May 26 2017 4:27pm
Location: alpes maritimes
Contact:

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by elem » Apr 30 2019 1:38am

The later versions that marcoq is working on has a fix for the Backward Resistance that you mention. Myself and others have been testing it for a while, there should be a new release of the marcoq code soon.

Good, it will be fine .
RockRider 9.1 TSDZ2 open source firmware .

bergerandfries   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 02 2019 9:47pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bergerandfries » Apr 30 2019 7:02am

elem wrote:
Apr 30 2019 1:38am
The later versions that marcoq is working on has a fix for the Backward Resistance that you mention. Myself and others have been testing it for a while, there should be a new release of the marcoq code soon.

Good, it will be fine .
I have version 3.3 of qmarcos software and confirm it works great and no problems moving the bicycle backwards. Hats off to him for that wonderful fix

User avatar
elem   100 W

100 W
Posts: 135
Joined: May 26 2017 4:27pm
Location: alpes maritimes
Contact:

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by elem » Apr 30 2019 1:22pm

on github, last updated is M.0.16.D with configurator 0.2.0, 3 month ago
https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-E ... D6-display

Do you know if qmarcoq will upgrade is own branch ?
RockRider 9.1 TSDZ2 open source firmware .

User avatar
ashrambo   1 W

1 W
Posts: 55
Joined: Apr 30 2018 4:31am
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by ashrambo » Apr 30 2019 4:23pm

elem wrote:on github, last updated is M.0.16.D with configurator 0.2.0, 3 month ago
https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-E ... D6-display

Do you know if qmarcoq will upgrade is own branch ?
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TO ... ichpage=21


Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

TREK REMEDY MOTOR TSDZ2

bergerandfries   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 02 2019 9:47pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bergerandfries » Apr 30 2019 9:49pm

elem wrote:
Apr 30 2019 1:22pm
on github, last updated is M.0.16.D with configurator 0.2.0, 3 month ago
https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-E ... D6-display

Do you know if qmarcoq will upgrade is own branch ?
I don't know, but I went to the forum ashrambo lists and used Google Translate to read the page. There is a v3.4 posted there too, but it is beta and is reported to have a few bugs. The v3.3 is a very solid release, in my humble opinion.

User avatar
elem   100 W

100 W
Posts: 135
Joined: May 26 2017 4:27pm
Location: alpes maritimes
Contact:

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by elem » May 01 2019 2:32pm

ok, found it on pagina 18

TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.18.E_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_Beta_0.3.3
Is it this one you spoke about ?

http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/marcoq ... _0.3.3.zip

Thancks .
Will try it asap .

Since V0.2 it s possible to use LCD3, do you thinck it s possible to use a standard ( unflashed ) LCD3 or do we need to flash also LCD3 ?

Actualy i m using V0.16 marcoq original firmware and V0.16 casinho on the other bike ( with flashed LCD3 and controleur ) .
RockRider 9.1 TSDZ2 open source firmware .

bergerandfries   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 02 2019 9:47pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bergerandfries » May 01 2019 5:07pm

elem wrote:
May 01 2019 2:32pm
ok, found it on pagina 18

TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.18.E_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_Beta_0.3.3
Is it this one you spoke about ?

http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/marcoq ... _0.3.3.zip

Thancks .
Will try it asap .
Yep, that's the one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

wpenner   100 W

100 W
Posts: 104
Joined: May 10 2018 3:27pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by wpenner » May 03 2019 8:54pm

Has anyone installed and tested out a temperature sensor with this firmware? Motor will cut off if it gets too hot?

I’m also curious what Max safe temperature would be and max power setting for 48v 13s. I currently have 48v 500w stock firmware from pswpower, vlcd5. Is that 10amps by default? I’m waiting on USB programmer in the mail so I have no idea.

Adrian81   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 09 2019 6:50am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Adrian81 » May 09 2019 10:20am

Hello everyone.
I want to use Configurator_Beta_0.3.3., but i have first problem: when i click button Program , I see this image Image. Where is the mistake, what im doing wrong?

Second problem: what is a error on display?
Image
Does anyone know what is this?

bergerandfries   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 02 2019 9:47pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bergerandfries » May 09 2019 1:34pm

Adrian81 wrote:
May 09 2019 10:20am
Hello everyone.
I want to use Configurator_Beta_0.3.3., but i have first problem: when i click button Program , I see this image Image. Where is the mistake, what im doing wrong?
When you installed the STMicroelectronics software, I bet that you didn't install it in the directory listed in the very bottom right of the Java configurator tool. Look at what directory you installed the software and adjust that row that says "C:\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp" to whereever you installed it, maybe "C:\%ProgramFiles(x86)%\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp"

Try doing that and see if the E03 error goes away.

Adrian81   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 09 2019 6:50am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Adrian81 » May 09 2019 5:37pm

I can't install STMicroelectronics in diferent localisation, because I have another trouble Image.
Look at what directory you installed the software and adjust that row that says "C:\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp" to whereever you installed it, maybe "C:\%ProgramFiles(x86)%\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp"
not working :(
Now I have stock firmware. I'm not sure if this error E03 is (I see E3 2).

bergerandfries   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 02 2019 9:47pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bergerandfries » May 09 2019 6:20pm

Adrian81 wrote:
May 09 2019 5:37pm
I can't install STMicroelectronics in diferent localisation, because I have another trouble Image.
Are you the administrator of this machine? If a work or school PC, the admin may have rights to the drive locked down. If you have admin rights, you need to log in with those rights.

Adrian81   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 09 2019 6:50am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Adrian81 » May 10 2019 12:14am

Yes, I am the administrator.

zappan   10 W

10 W
Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 27 2018 3:00am
Location: Sicilia

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by zappan » May 13 2019 10:05am

Hi, a few days ago Marcoq released the ver. 0.3.4 based on 0.18 and which gives the possibility to use the 0.19 casainho versions by checking the "last beta code" box.
The discussion on jobike
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TO ... ichpage=20
the software
http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/marcoq ... _0.3.4.zip

User avatar
elem   100 W

100 W
Posts: 135
Joined: May 26 2017 4:27pm
Location: alpes maritimes
Contact:

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by elem » May 14 2019 11:19pm

zappan wrote:
May 13 2019 10:05am
Hi, a few days ago Marcoq released the ver. 0.3.4 based on 0.18 and which gives the possibility to use the 0.19 casainho versions by checking the "last beta code" box.
The discussion on jobike
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TO ... ichpage=20
the software
http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/marcoq ... _0.3.4.zip
thancks for information .
RockRider 9.1 TSDZ2 open source firmware .

Sergio1990   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 27 2019 2:49pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Sergio1990 » May 21 2019 11:58am

elem wrote:
May 14 2019 11:19pm
zappan wrote:
May 13 2019 10:05am
Hi, a few days ago Marcoq released the ver. 0.3.4 based on 0.18 and which gives the possibility to use the 0.19 casainho versions by checking the "last beta code" box.
The discussion on jobike
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TO ... ichpage=20
the software
http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/marcoq ... _0.3.4.zip
thancks for information .
HI everyone,
I installed the newest version. But the Problem with the backwards resistance is still active. Does everyone have an idea how to fix it? Does everyone have a code witch fix the problem?

Thanks for the Help

Post Reply