24kW stand-up scooter with air suspension

This design looks really difficult to make!
Is the brake caliper hand made also?
Does it have more stopping power compare with an original caliper that comes from the factory?
If its hand made where did you find o ring sealings?

Totally crazy design, as usual. Looks stunning.

Now it's time to work on that rear wheel splash cover, that's the only stuff remaining that doesn't look extraterrestrial! :wink:

icherouveim said:
Does it have more stopping power compare with an original caliper that comes from the factory?
If its hand made where did you find o ring sealings?
I took apart the caliper from the motorcycle for parts.
The work is not different from the factory. Form was important to me.

A small report on testing.
Arrived to me long-awaited Nucular Controller on 12F, with limits battery\phase 200\250A.
Ride became much more interesting :) Acceleration to 0 - 60 km\h in 4.2 seconds.
It is understood that the cooling system is not perfect =) At the first trip heated the engine to the set limit of 75 degrees and the controller began to reduce power.
The result was 1920w, the more the engine can not accept.
At this rate, in total I rode a couple of hours, then the controller broke. Closed two phases inside the controller.
Video test of the controller:
[youtube]Zd8DOx98FVQ[/youtube]

How is it possible for a nucular controller to fail? as I know it has thermal, overload, shortcut protections everywhere.
Is it because you have installed the controller inside without any airflow?

It's summer. The air temperature rose to +30 Celsius and I faced overheating. On the usual route, the temperature of the engine ran into a limit of 75 degrees. To solve this problem, I made and installed an additional front radiator:
1102.jpg
Placed in front of the soundboard, for better airflow:
1101.jpg
Before testing, he warmed the whole system up to 40 degrees.
Here's an attempt to overheat the engine with a new radiator:
[youtube]S3bXt2wzSks[/youtube]

Looks like it did OK. It's always hard to gauge the steepness of hills in a video. Everything looks flat. But I could tell you gained some serious altitude from the scenery. What was the elevation gain?

Now with the new battery and the last modifications it looks very powerful & impressive !
Just try to go slower at the small streets in order to have the time to react & brake if there is an obstacle.

I have a question, what is this strong strange noise that sounds like a voodoo musical instrument?
Please watch the following video at 3:20 to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J23ysR3jXc

speechless...
with all your options to build anything. i would build those scooter in small series.
look at stealthbikes....even on 12000 dollar they have customers...since years and even with sur-ron in their necks.
even the "chassis-sets" could be easy to sell all over the world.

i think theres a huge market for better touched ppls who dont (have to)care about money.

It's very humbling to come across people that have the talent and skill I've witnessed on this forum. It's a gross understatement to say you're a very talented human being. This is like the civilain 2 wheeled Mars Rover .

icherouveim said:
I have a question, what is this strong strange noise that sounds like a voodoo musical instrument?
Yes, it does look like a Jew’s Harp =)))
Actually, it's the sound of a cooling pump. A temporary, off-the-shelf solution for figuring out the desired performance.
2019-06-02_10-44-20.jpg
My version of the pump is in development.

Once again, thank you very much for such a high assessment! It's incredibly uplifting =)
I have some good news. Indeed, such a technique would like to have not only me!
For this year, I have a clear task: "to make a serial version". But most importantly, I now have the opportunity!
I have already completed the design and put into production a new engine. If the stars are properly converge, the new engine will give 27 kW. This power should be enough to disperse the serial version 0-100km\h in 6 seconds...
Unfortunately, I can't share all the details now...
000001.jpg

iam pretty sure you will have no problems to get enough cash on a crowd funding plattform to make a batch of 50 or 100 scooters.

just take your time to make a good presentation about your options to build and iam pretty sure enough ppl will jump in.
so you have not to think as much about money doing your art of milling =)

but: if you do i hope ES dudes become a special pre order price :mrgreen:

It's time to replace the old tire.
photos before\after 15000km:
01.jpg
This is what a motor looks like without a tire
03.jpg
As I had to remove and open the engine to replace the tires, I decided to rewind to 4 turns.
This is an old winding that operated under a peak load of up to 12.2 kW
04.jpg
The process of making a new winding
05.jpg06.jpg
Here's the new tire
07.jpg
After the first 100km run
08.jpg

Ah and a bit video with tests
[youtube]w09-JTsj9Xw[/youtube]
[youtube]wEIznTX3LRs[/youtube]

Back