Anyone using a Sabvoton 96V120A controller? SVMC96120

ebike11

1 MW
Looking for some reviews on this controller
I think its the largest controller they sell, but not completely sure
Thanks in advance!

It is the largest, but not the most powerful. The 72200 can feed 450A phase current and can be powered with 22s lipo without any mod. Mosfets rated above 100v are higher resistance, so for max power you are better with a faster motor and running 24s or lower.

MadRhino said:
It is the largest, but not the most powerful. The 72200 can feed 450A phase current and can be powered with 22s lipo without any mod. Mosfets rated above 100v are higher resistance, so for max power you are better with a faster motor and running 24s or lower.

Thanks for your reply!
At the moment Im stuck with 24s battery pack. I already have installed etc.
Im also using the MXUS v3 3T winding.
You mentioned the 72200 doesnt need any mod.
May I ask what mod you are referring to?

Also

Will the 72200 handle 100v hot off the charger?

Btw...im looking for most top speed i can get
Thx

It has mosfets that could take 100v, but for safety the software is set with 90v high voltage cut off. That is common with many controllers. So it is limited to 22s, unless this high voltage cut off is removed, or tricked.

Of course, when we feed the mosfets their very limit, we are making the controller less reliable. Taking a chance to fry one once in a while, is part of performance compromises. It does require at least to have one spare in stock.

MadRhino said:
It has mosfets that could take 100v, but for safety the software is set with 90v high voltage cut off. That is common with many controllers. So it is limited to 22s, unless this high voltage cut off is removed, or tricked.

Of course, when we feed the mosfets their very limit, we are making the controller less reliable. Taking a chance to fry one once in a while, is part of performance compromises. It does require at least to have one spare in stock.

Ok I see.
Would you recommend going 22cells and sabvoton 72200 OR 24cell with sabvoton 96150 ?
Thanks again for your time!

I prefer the 72200, so I would run 22s and use a motor with faster winding. I would work on the mod to run it 24s, for it is the most convenient with lipo bricks that are common 6s.

MadRhino said:
I prefer the 72200, so I would run 22s and use a motor with faster winding. I would work on the mod to run it 24s, for it is the most convenient with lipo bricks that are common 6s.

The motor i have is the MXUS 3000 3T.
Its the fasting winding they have and i think its the fastest motor that i can find with a 135mm dropout for my standard 26 inch MTB. Are there any more powerful motors for 135mm dropouts?
Also may i ask what "mod" you mean? Im curious
Thanks !!

The Muxxus 3000 is 135mm? I believed it was 146mm with single freewheel. Anyway, It is not much of a problem. When you feed that kind of power, custom dropouts or torque plates are a must, so you can fit even a 150mm if needed so.

The controllers that have a high voltage limitation must be mod at software level to remove that limitation. Yet I guess it should be possible to trick them hardware to send a voltage reading 10v lower.

MadRhino said:
The Muxxus 3000 is 135mm? I believed it was 146mm with single freewheel. Anyway, It is not much of a problem. When you feed that kind of power, custom dropouts or torque plates are a must, so you can fit even a 150mm if needed so.

The controllers that have a high voltage limitation must be mod at software level to remove that limitation. Yet I guess it should be possible to trick them hardware to send a voltage reading 10v lower.

Im pretty sure 135mm but I can double check. And yes single freewheel is what im using. I do have torque arms..just the common set that you often see. One on both sides.
My frame is just a normal 26" mtb aluminum frame. I doubt that I can fit a QS205 in there. I could search on here if anyone has.
I think ill take your advice and go with 22cells and a maxed out 72200 sabvoton if it will get me higher speeds that 24cells with a 96120 sabvoton

I’d say the power of the 72200 will get you higher avg speed in adverse conditions: climbing, strong wind, repeated acceleration..
Yet, in ideal conditions the 2s extra with the 96120 will be a little faster. To have true advantage of the 96120, you’d have to run 30s.

I don’t believe regular torque arms will hold very long.

MadRhino said:
I’d say the power of the 72200 will get you higher avg speed in adverse conditions: climbing, strong wind, repeated acceleration..
Yet, in ideal conditions the 2s extra with the 96120 will be a little faster. To have true advantage of the 96120, you’d have to run 30s.

But as you said..i could mod the software/hardware so that I can "possibly, if I ever wanted to" increase the 72200 voltages to handle 24 cells.
I dont have the space to run 30s

MadRhino said:

Would you happen to know the exact capacitor and mosfet voltage in the 72200 thats stamped onto them?

I’m currently running a 24s battery on a 96120 controller and have noticed it runs cool until regen kicks in then things start to heat up, was wondering if removing 2cells and running it of 22s would fix the problem?

Back