Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Hello guys,

Some good and sad news.
6F is delayed more than expected due to some difficulties, we have assembled everything and now need to fix hardware, that is quite tricky coz all the boards are covered with lacquer and some of them even assembled :(
12F is almost started shipping, we were doing some improvements on it too, so it will be capable of 250A output ;) Also got a bit issues here but accidently made some serious improvements on temperature sensing, so new controllers will be 70-100C limit for 12F and 60-90C for 6F with linear I^2 derating curve

24F we will start production soon, preparing everything atm

Also we made plastic molds, so all new display will be of ABS, factory made

Turbomatic said:
madin88 said:
Any news yet about the size of the BMS and it's connectors?
Will it support single cell voltage monitoring in smaller configurable groups of four or something like that (i mean similar as Adaptto where you can set the number of cells per group from 2-4 and each group is insulated)?

Because in case if someone wants to connect lets say two 10s batteries in series to 20s with a longer wire in between, it would not work well beacuse of the voltage drop or rise between cell 10 and 11 if the connector would be full-length (one uniform part).

Will the BMS support such particular battery configurations?

You will be able to add extra balancing wires and disable unused cells. But there are no groups, you need to put balancing wire on both ends of long power wire and connect it like there is a cell.

If we take, for example, the case of two 10s batteries which are connected in series to 20s with longer connection cable in between, would it mean that it could be handled like a 21s battery, with cell No. 11 beeing the voltage drop of the connection cable (and this cell 11 can be disabled in menu)?
Do i have this right?

VasiliSk said:
12F is almost started shipping, we were doing some improvements on it too, so it will be capable of 250A output ;) Also got a bit issues here but accidently made some serious improvements on temperature sensing, so new controllers will be 70-100C limit for 12F and 60-90C for 6F with linear I^2 derating curve
Would it be possible to upgrade older 12F controllers for 250A?
Regarding the improvements on temperature sensing is this something only new controller will have, or older ones too via an update?
Great!
Will it be available as spare part?

VasiliSk said:
Hello guys,

Some good and sad news.
6F is delayed more than expected due to some difficulties, we have assembled everything and now need to fix hardware, that is quite tricky coz all the boards are covered with lacquer and some of them even assembled :(

24F we will start production soon, preparing everything atm

Waiting for 24f 😀😀
What are the dimensions?

If it has not changed, the dimentions are on the first page:

Maximum power 20 000W
Nominal power 10 000W
Voltage range 20-90V
Phase max 500A
Battery max ~300A
Supply out: 12V 1A, 5V for sensors, each line 100mA PPTC
Limiting temperature +80°C
Phase wires 6AWG terminals
Battery wires 8AWG XT150
Size without wires 86*43*185

VasiliSk and others

Will the f24 be a suitable controller for the 120mm extra large RC outrunner's such as the 25kw alien power 120-100 / colossus 12kw style of motor?

Many forum member's had difficultly successfully running these motor's, which as I understand it, was due to the high eRPM (close to 100,000 eRPM)

In fact most builders seemed to give up on them entirely! A few reported success using Kelly's with the "high speed" option, but they where still limited on top speed.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 04.22.42.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 04.21.52.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 04.29.50.png

I don't think these motors can be beaten for their size, weight and power in a super bike/emoto/lightweight motorcycle build, but the problem is getting them to run properly!

Do you think it's worth trying, and would either a 50Kv, or 80Kv with the relevant reduction, make any difference?

Hello
I told before that im not recommend to run RC motors atm, coz my PWM is optimized for switching loss and these motors have low inductance, that causes high ripple current. It may be better with new update since i've added FOC pid regulators to configuration, you can tune it. Maybe later i will do some work to make it working good with rc motors, but it doesnt seem to be really needed right now.
However you can give it a try, but you will not be able to reach full phase amps, only like 80%

tomarth said:
I don't think these motors can be beaten for their size, weight and power in a super bike/emoto/lightweight motorcycle build, but the problem is getting them to run properly!

Don't take the power ratings of those RC motors too seriously.. Most manufactures overates them by two or three times and if you keep this in mind with the fact that EV motors of same size are underrated you will see that those RC motors are not that much better anymore. And regarding the weight of a motor the lower it is the less peak power or abuse you can expect!
Instead of mentioned AP or Colossus motor i personally would go with a QS midmotor, or a bigblock (like the one from Eastgem, LR or LMX..) :wink:

VasiliSk said:
Hello
I told before that im not recommend to run RC motors atm, coz my PWM is optimized for switching loss and these motors have low inductance, that causes high ripple current.
What is the minimum allowed motor inductance?
It is probably hard to say for general because battery voltage and winding resistance plays a big role too, but having some rough numbers for a 20s LiIon setup (which most of people will run) would be good to know.

VasiliSk said:
There is no specific numbers, just some motors may run not so well

Ok thanks i already thoght that it would be hard to say a specific number as too many parameters are involved.

The battery pack I am going to buy has a BMS build in with a separate charging port.
Is that usable with your 'charging through the motor coil' principle, which uses the same wire to charge and discharge the battery?
Can I for instance use a switch to connect the controller to the charging port while simultaneously disconnecting the discharge port with the 63A circuit breaker?

Please add me to the list for a 24F.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jonno

Hi, when do you think the 24f controllers will be ready for shipping?

Jonno

Hello I registered on the list to get a 12F controller through the website Eczo.bike.
If I go through the forum Endless sphere the order will be faster ?
Thank you

That bike and rider are both awesome!
That looks like an amazing control and performance upgrade controller. Great job!

The Sur Ron motor for whatever reasons seems to love to drink all the power you can feed it, as long as you need them in big pulses. Fortunately, for many things, like technical riding and city traffic, bursts of huge torque is what you want.

VasiliSk said:
I wouldn't say that surron motor is that good, it have quite low power factor. Since that it reaches battery voltage quickly and doesnt let you to use all avaible torque, it needs a lot of flux weakening to make it working good.

Modern EVs are setup to rely on a ton of field weakening. It's a huge thing for performance envelope to leverage it.

Back