Bitcoins

Dauntless said:
What man? He died almost a mon---Ooohhhh, you think he faked his death! Who should star in the film version?

But that is the same story I posted a week ago.

hehehehehe yeaaaa well how many pages back is that post ;)
The only thing I did is read the headline from msn/yahoo link, then read a few paragraphs then a few comments, I did not look at the small print date. The problem with the Yahoo News is they recycle old news and I got tricked. Hence Fake News, Hence sure maybe he is hiding, wants to lay low, like Hitler in South America after his "death" ;) Alex Jones will be on it, but on where, he got the boot from all the platforms.

He's still on the InfoWars channel. And website.

Now that he's the ORACLE who called it on Jussie Smollett, who knows what doors will open. (Not that Chicago P.D. kept it secretbthat that they doubted him from the start.) Maybe he could have the dead CEO as a guest.
247938_image.jpg

I know I have become a bit of a "negative jerk" over the years on just about anything here on ES..

Well I am now going to add Bitcoin to that list..
New report of a massive breach/theft of bitcoin, back in the old days how much did the average bank robber manage to steal? Probably averages about $10,000.
But with Bitcoin its always millions.

Hackers steal $40 million worth of bitcoin in massive security breach
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/08/tech/bitcoin-binance-hack/index.html?utm_content=2019-05-08T15%3A20%3A08&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN

Bitcoin's going up again.

Fool me twice, shame on me.. i am not participating. It still has no value and no real use case.
I may find myself doing server ops for a crypto mine again, who knows..

neptronix said:
Bitcoin's going up again.

Fool me twice, shame on me.. i am not participating. It still has no value and no real use case.
I may find myself doing server ops for a crypto mine again, who knows..

I was about to say paper had no value... Then I realized how we have cut down over 1/2 the worlds forests in the last 100 years.
and Canada has gone to plastic money...

Arlo1 said:
I was about to say paper had no value... Then I realized how we have cut down over 1/2 the worlds forests in the last 100 years.
and Canada has gone to plastic money...

Really? when did canada go to plastic money? that's pretty worrying.
..and the whole forests thing too of course.

Maybe we should stop mining so many humans? :p

Canadian money would be as plastic as your polyester shirts. It's still textile/fabric. Not worrying at all, it's more durable, harder to counterfeit, cheaper.

Comparing Bitcoin to, say, the 'Greenback' American dollar of today is worse than comparing the original greenback paper note of the Civil War to gold and silver certificates. At least then the government was somehow behind it; while nobody is behind Bitcoin. Nobody.

Dauntless said:
Canadian money would be as plastic as your polyester shirts. It's still textile/fabric.
No no you are not correct on this at all.

You can see through it. Its plastic even snaps in 1/2 in the -30 or colder temps in northern Canada

Attachments

• crawford-counterfeit-140116_frame_725.jpg
    crawford-counterfeit-140116_frame_725.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 4,347
  • canadian-money.jpg
    canadian-money.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4,347
Polyester IS plastic. I could see where the particular format would make it vulnerable. Fiberglas cloth becomes clear in the matrix even though it is white in textile form.

So Fry's Electronics is having a clearance on Bitcoin. $4.99 each. "Novelty Coin No Monetary Value."

https://www.frys.com/product/9543562

9543562.01.prod.jpg

Like I was saying here, I listen to a fair amount of YouTube audio podcasts, there are some great ones out there..
I just use the Brave browser that lets me turn off the screen so I can listen to it in the background, and Brave browser filters out all the YouTube ads etc..
I detail how to use some of Brave's more advanced features here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89002&start=5150#p1501078

Anyway here is a good "audio podcast" on YouTube of Peter Schiff who gave a great talk on BitCoin and its intricacies... This guy has a bit of a following, he doesn't ask for money etc hes been on all the major business channels on the USA he's not dodgy, just gives out good information and logical points of view.
[youtube]DohiyDBpHQg[/youtube]

Here is a bonus BitCoin chat audio podcast on YouTube, TPS/The Public Space interviews "anyone" and often ends up interviewing pretty famous people now and then. He interviewed John McAfee last week and John McAfee really opens up on all his thoughts on Cyrptocoins/Bitcoins and other coins, its actually quite interesting but I think McAfee has made a bit of a mistake with his Bitcoin prediction.
McAfee believes BitCoin will continue to go up simply because more than twice the amount of BitCoin gets "lost" compared with the amount that is created via mining, so he believes the supply and demand law is in the favour of it going up.
But I think McAfee has it wrong because no ones really wants it any more compared to the newer other cryptocurrencies. Even my local crypto-bank choices in Australia offer to convert AUD directly into Etheryium and other cryptocoins directly allowing me to skip having to buy Bitcoin first. This wasn't an option before which I thought was annoying and stupid.. I have only bought about a tiny $80 of crypto coins to play within total. I don't have any interest other than basic technical interest, and even then its kind of limited interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIo93WeOZ4
[youtube]fkIo93WeOZ4[/youtube]

Oh yeah? Well, Loathe THIS.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/the-strange-tale-of-quadriga-gerald-cotten

He's been mentioned here before. The article makes one important point: People DO want Bitcoin. So maybe they'd be smarter to listen to Mc, but we're talking about PEOPLE here, mind you.

If you haven't read the previous article, you're missing out. There's more.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/business/lawyers-exhumation-gerald-cotten-intl-scli/index.html

Yeah, the really big score is generally as accidental as a lottery win.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/investing/best-worst-investments-decade-bitcoin/index.html

Beastie, I listen to a lot stuff on youtube too. if you listen long enough they all start repeating themselves.you will know what group podcasters are in by the things they try to sell you. Peter Schiff is probably someone youd want to park some money with right now but over the last ten years people have gotten rich by not investing with Schiff, I think schiffs dad died in jail for insisting on printing and selling his book that clearly offended the US govt, kind of like assange. he did good in 2008 with the crash and I heard the fed is about to print another 500 billion to bail the banks out again over the next 2weeks. in 3 months itll probably be a trillion more.
I don't have money to park anywhere nor would I if I did but I do have gold mining claims that I can earn a wage at if there is a crash, for now I have a day job that pays better. someone mentioned our Canadian plastic money. I handed a $5 bill to the cashier and when she went to take it it ripped perfectly in half with no effort.
im still not sure how the fed can print $50 billion a night for the repo markets to keep the banks afloat and still maintain its value. especially when other countries are starting to drop the us dollar in trade settlements.
so I do listen to a lot of different things that I really don't understand because most of whats happening right now doesn't make sense.
if you believe in money then it has value, I don't so its worthless to me and I spend it as fast as I can on assets. stocks, bank accounts, bitcoins, paper gold/paper silver all that stuff isn't real to me

goatman said:
Beastie, I listen to a lot stuff on youtube too. if you listen long enough they all start repeating themselves.you will know what group podcasters are in by the things they try to sell you. Peter Schiff is probably someone youd want to park some money with right now but over the last ten years people have gotten rich by not investing with Schiff, I think schiffs dad died in jail for insisting on printing and selling his book that clearly offended the US govt, kind of like assange. he did good in 2008 with the crash and I heard the fed is about to print another 500 billion to bail the banks out again over the next 2weeks. in 3 months itll probably be a trillion more.
I don't have money to park anywhere nor would I if I did but I do have gold mining claims that I can earn a wage at if there is a crash, for now I have a day job that pays better. someone mentioned our Canadian plastic money. I handed a $5 bill to the cashier and when she went to take it it ripped perfectly in half with no effort.
im still not sure how the fed can print $50 billion a night for the repo markets to keep the banks afloat and still maintain its value. especially when other countries are starting to drop the us dollar in trade settlements.
so I do listen to a lot of different things that I really don't understand because most of whats happening right now doesn't make sense.
if you believe in money then it has value, I don't so its worthless to me and I spend it as fast as I can on assets. stocks, bank accounts, bitcoins, paper gold/paper silver all that stuff isn't real to me
Sure folks like Peter Schiff are selling their products, I ONLY listen to him now and then because he drops pockets of real knowledge while hes trying to pimp his gold investments, I never even really thought of the idea that folks here might actually be interested in his products. I tend to look at these things without even thinking about it such an obvious way.
That is the way of the world, Peter Schiff knows he would have very few people listening to him if he didn't have some virtualized 'free doughnuts & coffee' during his talks, all up I think he's pretty insightful but there he is no god of finance.

Warren Buffett is actually doing the very OPPOSITE of what Peter Schiff is doing, apparently, Buffett is sitting on the biggest pile of cash his had in his investing history, in other words, he waiting for a good time to buy the stock market (and probably will be waiting for years?)
So if there is going to be a massive financial collapse and US Dollar will be worth very little why is the greatest investor sitting in mostly cash? Apparently Buffett knows the dangers of cash as good as anyone, it proves there is no absolute way in investing.

Buffet is madly spending his cash buying post crash businesses.

goatman said:

It's not $50 billion, but yeah, close to a billion a day is a bad thing. It's not for the banks, it's for the government spending. So if the Fed earns $1 billion in one year on the deficit, owning those bonds, where does that billion go? Only glossed over answers are given. Of Obama's $11 trillion or more deficit, (The true deficit after the things they try not to count are honestly counted) how much did the Fed print and how much is it making off the bonds? You still pay taxes to cover that, you know.

The government WANTS the dollar to lose strength, because it's good for them at our expense, as is the deficit. If the dollar/renminbi exchange increases the Chinese minimum wage from $322/month to maybe 8 times that, to the government that suggests it becomes more profitable to manufacture in the U.S. It never stops to reason that other factors are becoming cheaper overseas and more expensive in the U.S., let alone you no more quickly undue offshoring than you quickly undue bad laws. Days to pass Obamacare, nearly a decade of efforts to repeal keep falling short. But just as you got to keep your health plan, you get to keep your lifestyle in all the government disruptions of successful commerce.

But don't you worry, As you become unemployed and homeless, someone else will have a job. The government is still going to get its' tax money. And all the increasing devaluation of the dollar will make the government debt less important as it keeps you from surviving on any savings. I mean, don't you listen when Trump warns you the system is rigged. You know you want to listen to Big Brother when he tells you to just go along with it.

dauntless, the repo markets, its my understanding the fed is printing 50 billion a night right now and people are freaking out about that saying 50 billion a day but I think its paid back the same day with a little interest but who knows now im hearing itll be a trillion over the next 2 weeks. I warren buffet was buying farms but maybe that's jim rogers.
the usa will do whatever it wants to do until the rest of the world just drops the dollar then the missiles will start flying. look at the BRICS nations and the silk road, people have had enough of the American govt BS and its just not America, its global, people are getting sick of their governments. im really surprised leaders aren't being assassinated yet.

dauntless, you've done 50mph on a trike, what brand of trike were you riding

Back