Rieju 50cc conversion

That was short :( .. The controller stopped today when i was out driving. Turns out that the max battery current possible in APT AE96600 program is 250A, the only reason i got higher reading on the BMS is that the current sensor seems to have gone wack. It showed erratic reading in the program and eventually reading died completely. Now motor only twitches at throttle.

Ouch.. another one bites the dust.

I think it's worth looking into something better like the Nucular or Besc project.

I later saw that controller was showing hall sensor error, i checked and one hall is dead..
Water has leaked into motor and there's salt and muck on the PCB.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I'll try to switch to new halls or a new PCB from QS.

There's a magnet ring behind the pcb that's also quite corroded, the rotor might also be affected. I wonder if this might be the start of the end of this motor..

That looks ugly.

Any idea where it leaked in? This is one of the constant challenges with bike design. Totally sealed tends to be bad because water can't escape, but you need to keep it out in the first place. Potting won't work on moving parts.

I guess water got in the seam of the opening in the picture or through the side covers. It was not sealed at all and since we have about 3 months of rain in the winter it gets sprayed a lot. I'll do a splash cover when i get the time.

QS will send a free pcb to replace it :thumb:

Nice on the new board. It looks like the water pooled up inside the compartment. A small drain hole on the bottom might be a good thing. If the magnet is not too damaged, you could coat it with epoxy to prevent further corrosion.

I soldered new smt halls on the board even though i got a spare board from QS. Fiddly work but i got it done in the end.

The APT controller started working with the new halls but it died completely after i had a session where i tried every way to set field weakening parameters and program got corrupted..

Reason was that I tried all the programs i had access to even despite different versions.. I would advice anyone against using the xxxxx.7 program as the readouts going from ver .10 to .7 are totally wrong.

I gave up on the brick and changed to the Votol EM150 controller.

Some pictures of the build.. I'm happy with the way the moped turned out even though the new batteries are a bit boxy :D

Smart BMS on top and one LG battery module per side. DIY Alu/carbon battery covers
Votol controller behind/below batteries in these pics.
Pirelli CT Angel 100/80R17 front tyre
Pirelli CT Angel 130/70R17 rear tyre
View attachment 1

Sure think so! :D

It is a nice ride now. Only thing to improve is the front suspension, it is worn out after 20 years.. Only wish it wasn't so expensive. I'd also need stiffer setup than the original since I weigh a bit more than the average teen.

How much do these moped forks cost?

Congrates on the nicely done battery cases. It looks bad ass with that big motor and belt drive. :thumb:
Have you thought about trying to make it again street legal or at least check how much it would cost?

I saw a fork assembly for 600eur for this moped. Not sure about the fork-crown distance and bearings, if they changed it during the lifetime.

I won't go legal with it, too much work for nuthin' and i think it's close to impossible with the swedish rules. I drive carefully instead :D

First belt breakage.. Don't really know how long i've been using it, maybe 3000-5000km
Not long really. If i'm to guess then it depends on the coarse gravel on the roads in the winter. You can feel it in the entire bike when a piece of it gets jammed in the pulley

Hey any of you have the software for the apt96600??? cant get mine to work. if you have functional copy i could pay..

Contact qs motors for software http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/APT%20Programmable%20Sine%20Wave%20FOC%20AE96600%2072V%2096V%208kW%20PM%20Motor%20Driver%20Controller/332.html

One cell in my packs is getting weak, dives at full throttle. Maybe i’ll have to cut it out and make a 19S system.. lucky enough it’s the first cell on one of the two packs.

Damn it, don’t feel like fixing it, too nice weather :|

Back