E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

CA3 is almost identical to CA2 the main diff is the software. It is made in Canada and is used in most DIY builds in this forum and so you are totally unlimited in what you can do with all its functions. Stealth used this computer from the very first models as this was the only(and still is) generic display on the market for "people".

DC1 is something Stealth made specifically for their bikes later on. It has nothing to do with CA and is limited to what a user can configure in the menus. I don't know how it will react on the things you mention.

You can change the grips but I guess you wont need to do it for a long time. I had mine 3 years now and they look like new, extremely durable and at the same time very comfy and soft. I never had anything like them. My regular MTB grips start to show wear signs in just a month.

Hi Allex - Thanks for getting back to me. I still have more investigation to do on the CA. I looked yesterday at the firmware level and I'm 128. Still trying to figure things out.

On a side note, I figure that I give everyone a little update on the status of the restoration project. I'm happy to report that the bike is completely back together and I'm just working on some minor clean up stuff. First, I want to thank everyone that helped me out and provide answers to my countless list of questions. 1abv, Rix, Tv, Allex, WK, etc....Thank you, you guys have been awesome..! Without your input to this forum, I probably wouldn't have a Stealth.

Here is a little Before and After Shots..! - The White Knight has transition into the Traffic Cone or TC, as I like to call it...lol.

Before:
OLD1.png

OLD2.png

I had Air Support drop him in for the initial reveal...lol
TC6.png

Summary: The color is KTM Orange, I re-wrapped all of the panels in new carbon fiber wrap. I replaced brake pads, tires and tubes. I'll be upgrading to MC wheels towards the end of the season. I had the front fork and rear spring also powder coated and I repainted all of the bolts and wheels.

TC2.png

TC8.png

TC11.png

TC5.png

If you recall, I scratched my original Stealth Screen pretty good... so I had to fabricate a new one and wrapped it in Carbon Fiber as well.

TC4.png

TC9.png

I took progress pictures along the way as well... but I dont want to bore you with those..

Your bike came out awesome Rick. Those forks round off the orange package nicely. Did you revalve your suspension or do anything we can't see? Also, what brand of grips are those on the bars?

Thanks Rick..!! I was debating either going with the Orange on the forks, or doing a matte black with orange decals.. Honestly, I'm very happy with the suspension so I didn't touch a thing.

Those are ODI Rogue 90mm grips. I think there're great, however, I just ordered a Domino Throttle system and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not sure if I can replace the grip on the throttle with full size ODI grips.

Oh... I almost forgot... I promised you that I was going to take a picture of the KTM and the Bike after it was completed... Here you go..

The Big Brother..!!

KTM52%201.png

KTM52%203.png

KTM52%202.png

KTM52%204.png

Step Sister:

KTM52%205.png

KTM52%206.png

And of course, matching Key Rings...

KTM52%207.png

Thanks Tv... I thought for sure you were going to comment about the streamers missing...lol. :roll:

Hey Bigbore - I've had that seat for a while now.. Let me take a look when I get home and see if I can find out where I got it from.

BigBore... I did a little checking up on that seat. Its a WTB Full Gel Seat. It doesnt have the model number on it anywhere that I can see, but here's a picture.

WTB.png

QQ for you guys that wired up the Domino full twist throttle...

Forgive me ahead of time if this is a stupid question, I honestly thought this was going to be straight forward. My intention (and assumed) that I could use the existing factory connector that was used by the half throttle. I removed the half twist throttle and cut and hard spliced the throttle to the throttle side of the connector following this wiring diagram. After I stripped the wires on the CA3 connector, there was only three wires (Red/Black/Blue). Is this not the case...?

Domino - Blue wire ...... to......Red wire
Domino - Black wire ..... to .....Black wire
Domino - White wire .....to .....Blue wire
Domino - Green wire ........ capped
Domino - Green wire ........ capped

Thank you..

Throttle.png

Hey guys..I really need your help.

I've been searching for forum and the web for most of the day to find a solution. I've found nothing so far... :( Now I'm getting an error message "Checking Throttle, Throttle unplugged"... I thought maybe one of the wires I soldered broke, but that wasn't the issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions..?

StudRock said:

Forgive me ahead of time if this is a stupid question, I honestly thought this was going to be straight forward. My intention (and assumed) that I could use the existing factory connector that was used by the half throttle. I removed the half twist throttle and cut and hard spliced the throttle to the throttle side of the connector following this wiring diagram. After I stripped the wires on the CA3 connector, there was only three wires (Red/Black/Blue). Is this not the case...?

Thank you..

Maybe a clue could be you don't have a cav3, you have a DC1. If that's the case, I would just go back the stock throttle. I think Stealth needs to go back to the ca in the first place. They should ask for a custom display big enough for a blind man to see lol, and by the way that looks like a really nice paint job. Anyone that goes to this much trouble to make their bike look good, is my kind of people.

Hi guys

Got a quick question, id love to purchase a stealth bomber, but unfortunately my funds are not enough.

I like it for wheelies and the speed of 80km/h but mainly the wheelies.

So im checking out an ad on ebay for an ebike with the following specs

12000 watt motor
72v 48ah panasonic battery
150 amp sabvoton controller

Now my question is, for wheelies, an ebike should have sufficient torque, id say this particular motor is probably more for speed. You guys reckon it should be able to pop wheelies like the stealth bomber?

I asked the guy what was the torque and he replied 230 Nm. Not sure what the stealth bomber torque is.

Sorry, im a complete noob. Hope someone can help.

Only20gp said:
Hi guys

Got a quick question, id love to purchase a stealth bomber, but unfortunately my funds are not enough.

I like it for wheelies and the speed of 80km/h but mainly the wheelies.

So im checking out an ad on ebay for an ebike with the following specs

12000 watt motor
72v 48ah panasonic battery
150 amp sabvoton controller

Now my question is, for wheelies, an ebike should have sufficient torque, id say this particular motor is probably more for speed. You guys reckon it should be able to pop wheelies like the stealth bomber?

I asked the guy what was the torque and he replied 230 Nm. Not sure what the stealth bomber torque is.

Sorry, im a complete noob. Hope someone can help.
Yah, if you want power wheelies at say.....20mph for example, you need something that puts out at least 20kw. :bigthumb: :flame:

I want wheelies like the stealth bomber, 20kw u said?? 😮

But the bomber only has 5.2kw or 5.3kw?
Kw refers to power right? Not torque? And for wheelies, torque is king?

Now I’m confused 😬.

Only20gp said:
I want wheelies like the stealth bomber, 20kw u said?? 😮

But the bomber only has 5.2kw or 5.3kw?
Kw refers to power right? Not torque? And for wheelies, torque is king?

Now I’m confused 😬.

You are correct, torque is king. The later Bombers put around 6.3kw. As far as wheelies go, I can get the front wheel up on my P7R which only puts out 1.5kw or about 1/4 the power of the Bomber. Wheeling is technique more so than how much power the motor has. I don't know what your riding ability is, but the way I interpreted your comments, You want to twist the throttle and have the front wheel come up without any other rider input. Thats not going to happen even with what the latest Bomber without some additional rider input such as shifting your body weight, pulling up on the bars and stuff like that. Thats why I made the comment about having 20kw system. I will secede that my 20kw is overboard for any bike that weighs less than 140 pounds, but my point is you will need to combine technique with the twist of the throttle for wheelies at the power levels the Bomber has.

Thanks for that rix

I can pull very long wheelies on a normal bicycle and on an offroad motorbike, so the technique is there. What i meant was, because of the weight of the battery and weight of the bike itself, would that motor or bike setup allow me to pull some wheelies as easy as it seems on the original stealth bomber.

If you say u can manage with 1500watts, then i reckon 12000 should be fine.

I was thinking of these motors like RC plane motors, where bigger motors with lower kv is more for thrust where smaller motors with higher kv is more for speed.

Thanks for your input though 🙏🏼

Btw, today i got to sit on a stealth bomber #497 at my local bike shop. What an amazing bike, didnt get to ride it though, they selling it for around 4.5k usd, its very lightly used. Was the shops demo bike. Seems like a decent price.

Part of the reason I turned my ca back down to 60 amp is because it would wheelie a little too easy on 65 amp. I thought I had it almost straight up a couple of times, but my son said it looked more like 1/2 an inch.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Part of the reason I turned my ca back down to 60 amp is because it would wheelie a little too easy on 65 amp. I thought I had it almost straight up a couple of times, but my son said it looked more like 1/2 an inch.

I found that with the seat post raised up, from start, if I whacked the throttle, the front end with come off the ground a few inches with no other rider input, but that was from dead stop and starting. With the seat lower though, my Bomber would not lift the wheel unless I helped it. I am strictly talking about power wheelies, not balance wheelies which the Bomber, Fighter, P7R and Hurricane all have way more than enough power to get the wheel off the ground and ride it, provided the rider has the skill.

Only20gp said:
Thanks for that rix

I can pull very long wheelies on a normal bicycle and on an offroad motorbike, so the technique is there. What i meant was, because of the weight of the battery and weight of the bike itself, would that motor or bike setup allow me to pull some wheelies as easy as it seems on the original stealth bomber.

If you say u can manage with 1500watts, then i reckon 12000 should be fine.

I was thinking of these motors like RC plane motors, where bigger motors with lower kv is more for thrust where smaller motors with higher kv is more for speed.

Thanks for your input though 🙏🏼

Btw, today i got to sit on a stealth bomber #497 at my local bike shop. What an amazing bike, didnt get to ride it though, they selling it for around 4.5k usd, its very lightly used. Was the shops demo bike. Seems like a decent price.
You are correct with your KV comment. You should ask the shop to test ride Bomber 497 and let us know what you think.

Theodore Voltaire said:
StudRock said:

Maybe a clue could be you don't have a cav3, you have a DC1. If that's the case, I would just go back the stock throttle. I think Stealth needs to go back to the ca in the first place. They should ask for a custom display big enough for a blind man to see lol, and by the way that looks like a really nice paint job. Anyone that goes to this much trouble to make their bike look good, is my kind of people.

Thanks Tv... Yes, that is a very important clue. I misunderstood a previous post that I read early on. The good news is... with the help of Rix and Big Bore, I was able to get the throttle working. It was giving me a false/positive and it was throwing me off.

I need the larger display, I'm getting older.. I'm almost 40 for crying out loud... :shock: Thanks for the compliment on the paint job..if you think the bike looks okay, you should see my car...lol.

Thanks for the feedback...! :thumb:

So ive decided against building my own and am going for a second hand bomber... #497

Its a demo model with only 245kms on the clock, shop says its a new battery with only 3 cycles. 5.kw version. Looks super clean. Gona try negotiate to 4500usd.

Would anyone be kind enough to post the user manual pdf for this specific model, i could only find the older model manual.

Welcome to to the Forum and congratulations on your potential purchase.

I was in the same boat as you are. I did my research on ebikes for a month or so before deciding that I was going to get a Bomber. At first, I too was going to build a custom ebike, however, after reading MANY posts on several different forums, the one thing I noticed was that, Everyone was comparing their custom bike builds and even manufactures bikes to the Stealth Bomber. For me, that, and reading all of the great posts on here helped me make that decision.

The next hurtle was finding one that was in good condition, that someone wanted to sell to begin with here in the States. Finally, after some creative research, I found a great condition 2016 model from one of the forum members here. The only thing I wasn't fond of what the color. So, this years little winter/spring project was getting it powder coated KTM Orange. I'm VERY Happy with it now. I can't tell you how much fun it is to ride and how many people stop me to ask what it is.

To be honest, I haven't seen another Stealth in my area (East Coast). I have noticed that those that are here in the States are primarily on the West Coast. Just out of curiosity, where are you located...?

Take some pictures of the Bike and post them up, I'd love to see it...!! - Good Luck with your new purchase :thumb:

At for the PDF... here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugkz6z5za8t422p/SEB Owners Manual V2.3.pdf?dl=0

Back