New 4800W Cyclone?

Or a pogo stick why not.
Seriously. Opinion only. The big box enduro frame design is tired and overkill. An alternative is a departure from this frame.

Skaiwerd said:
Or a pogo stick why not.
Seriously. Opinion only. The big box enduro frame design is tired and overkill. An alternative is a departure from this frame.

I meant just the swingarm with the motor integrated. The frame is dog poop.

Got it.
Any opinions, anyone, on the belt vs chain versions? 8mm wide for the belt seems narrow. Also the belt has a fixed length. So if going with the belt driven and no swingarm your motor to wheel distance is fixed to the belt length, a pain but doable for a custom builder, but your reduction ratios are also fixed as changing drive pulleys would require a new sized belt, longer or shorter. Or you have to change the motor to wheel distance if using the same belt . The chain version could be single speed or cassette so it’s more versatile. It may also be easier to replace the chain driven parts as the are common. One question Is this motor square cranks only?

Skaiwerd said:
One question Is this motor square cranks only?

When I ordered mine I recall asking for the square taper version, these must have been another choice for me to do that. I asked cyclone more recently and he said it is square taper only.

For chain selection I would get 219h or single speed chain cogs and adaptors, with two cogs at the rear high and low. I have 30t front 30t/50t rear. This gives me 30mph and 50mph gears. The front motor mount is just bcd 104.

Stanislavchik said:
Thanks, and planetary reduction is 6:1?

Yes
You can raise the max rpm about 12-15% with field weakening though, in the stock controller it is done with the 3 speed switch in high setting. You can just connect the two wires if you want it always on.

Who has the 4.8 kw motor with the enduro frame Package ?

Regarding the following questions , the website is very confusing and looks to leave out allot of information ,

What parts are included with the motor/enduro frame package "

What is the eye to eye size of the rear shock ? Can a 200 mm eye to eye shock be used ?

How can a rear wheel with its standard 7-10 speed freehub handle 4.8 Kw , or any where it ?

What else in needed to buy besides a Front Fork/Seatpost/Seat/Wheels/Tires/Chain/Shifter R. / Derailleur / Rear Cogs ?

Anyone put on a 160-170 Mm Travel Front Fork ? and rear shock ?

Is the 150 mm rear drop out spacing through axle or drop out ?

ScooterMan101 said:
Who has the 4.8 kw motor with the enduro frame Package ?

Regarding the following questions , the website is very confusing and looks to leave out allot of information ,

What parts are included with the motor/enduro frame package "

What is the eye to eye size of the rear shock ? Can a 200 mm eye to eye shock be used ?

How can a rear wheel with its standard 7-10 speed freehub handle 4.8 Kw , or any where it ?

What else in needed to buy besides a Front Fork/Seatpost/Seat/Wheels/Tires/Chain/Shifter R. / Derailleur / Rear Cogs ?

Anyone put on a 160-170 Mm Travel Front Fork ? and rear shock ?

Is the 150 mm rear drop out spacing through axle or drop out ?

Just mail them at (cyclonebike at gmail) or any other mail you find on their site.

From what others have said earlier in this thread ... Cyclone will only answer one question and ignore any other question .

From what other E.S. members have said on a different cyclone motor thread .... After a few questions Cyclone stops even communicating with you.

A review on how it works , like a comfortable continious Speed the motor will run at ( in MPH or KMPH ) ?

How the Enduro Frame handles at high speeds ?

Weight of the Motor with Controller and Enduro Frame with Swing arm ?

Was the price you paid including Shipping ? $ 899 listed for the 4.8 motor/controller with Enduro Frame/Swingarm

I currently have an order in with them for a 7.5kw swing arm kit with 9 speed pedal gears for my EEB frame. Should be shipped out within a week or two. I will definitely be reporting on the performance and how well put together the kit is!

As for them not responding - I definitely had issues with this. I would ask a few questions and then Paco would stop responding. I made it very clear that I was going to buy one and once he knew this he was more responsive, got my order in place, and since I've paid for my order he has been much more responsive to any questions I have. Its been told to me by other people that if they don't think you're serious and they aren't going to get an order from you that they will just stop responding.

I can't wait to receive the kit and get my bike put together with it. Currently waiting for my pre-order of a Nucular 24F controller though so I will be limited by my Sabvoton as it has a max ERPM of 30000 and this motor will be closer to 36000 ERPM @72v (4500RPM and 8 motor pole pairs). I am assuming this will be higher with field weakening as well. The kit is a 6:1 reduction belt drive (20T front pulley). I was looking for the belt drive as I don't want to have to deal with chain maintenance or noise. If I find I have any slipping issues or anything I will end up going to a chain though.

A 7.5 Kw Swingarm Kit ? ... and I thought 4.8 kw would be enough .

I look forward to a review .
I see on their website it looks like they are using what looks like a mid travel fork and shock by the pictures.
But do not know the products they are using so am only guessing by the looks.

I already have both a 160 mm Fork and rear shock. so if the geometry would work for that it would be a big help on
me being able to buy the 4.8 motor and complete frame kit.

I am interested on how that kind of frame and swingarm is stable at higher speed or not. I have recently put my latest conversion to the test and at higher speeds the rear flexes . Something I did not notice until I put on the cyclone 3k and went over 30 mph on it.
So much so that after only 10 rides I am ready to move on to something that is designed to be stable at speed.

For those who would like to put on more of a mid-travel front and rear shock on it , the upper rear attachment part for the shock looks like it would be able to be made in different sizes/lengths .
like for 200 mm / 210 mm / 220 mm and so on , eye to eye .

It would be good for cyclone to make different ones . Do they ( Cyclone / Paco ) read these posts ?

Currently I'm running a QS 205 3T at 72V 120A battery, 240A phase in 19" moto rims(just under 26" tall with tires) and my top speed without field weakening is right around 100kmh. I am running 2.75-19 Shinko 244 tires front and rear. For suspension I have a DNM USD-8 front fork (200mm travel) and a 200mm eye to eye DNM Burner RCP-3 rear shock.

The battery pack is a massive 3.8KWH (72V 53AH) and weighs about 14kg (~30lbs).

The entire bike weighs 68kg (150lbs), with myself weighing pretty much the same for a total weight including rider of 136kg (300lbs). The bike is incredibly stable at speed thanks to the weight and the moto rims and tires. I am

Going to the mid drive for increase torque and top speed, and reduced unsprung weight with the motor being at the front of the swing arm instead of out at the end of it.

lTHwa9d.jpg

uesaonn.jpg

bIKi54d.jpg

josephm15234 said:
I am

Going to the mid drive for increase torque and top speed, and reduced unsprung weight with the motor being at the front of the swing arm instead of out at the end of it.

This is the bike you want to convert? Or use as comparison for the mid drive build? I’ve come to the conclusion that a good running ebike should not be “updated or canabalized” to make a new ebike. Make another and you now have two ebikes. I’m sure cost/funds may play an important part in this decision.

Skaiwerd said:
This is the bike you want to convert? Or use as comparison for the mid drive build? I’ve come to the conclusion that a good running ebike should not be “updated or canabalized” to make a new ebike. Make another and you now have two ebikes. I’m sure cost/funds may play an important part in this decision.

This is the bike I will be converting yes. The kit is supposed to just be a swing arm swap out and then I have to wire up the motor. I didn't want to drop another $4000 USD ($5200 CAD as I am Canadian) on another bike nor do I have the room. Believe me I'd love to! Ill be comparing my experience over the past year with the current version of my bike with the new version with the mid drive Cyclone.

The swing arm kit is just under $1300 USD ($1700 CAD) and swapping swing arms is no big deal and is simple enough. Just have to wire motor to the controller and its done. Oh, and install a tire but that's no big deal. I plan on taking the bike apart and inspecting/cleaning/re-wiring things anyway.

The 4800 Frame Kit ( Motor / Swingarm / Front frame ) is the head tube 1 1/8 inches or Tapered , or 1.5 inches ?

Can a fork that is 1.5 inch straight ( 1.5 inch top and bottom ) be used on this frame ?

ScooterMan101 said:
The 4800 Frame Kit ( Motor / Swingarm / Front frame ) is the head tube 1 1/8 inches or Tapered , or 1.5 inches ?

Can a fork that is 1.5 inch straight ( 1.5 inch top and bottom ) be used on this frame ?

Differing width for bottom/top head tube is called being Tapered. If you have a non tapered fork you can use it with a non tapered frame, or a tapered frame, with a different headset bearing which converts it.

Also I think you mean 1 1/8 both top and bottom.

For the frame, just email them, they reply multiple times a day.

Tommm, I know about the different size headtubes, I have had 3 different size head tubes on bikes that I once owned over the years.

You are however forgetting about the fact that many bike MFG's , for a few years , made Enduro and Down Hill bikes with a straight head tube , and it is the one you did not mention ... 1.5 top and bottom , some times called 1 1/2 inch top and bottom.

Some of the e-bike specific frames have that 1.5 inch top and bottom , I think the vector one does ( one of their models )
and perhaps the EEP ?
so
You can then get a different set of head seat bearings and races to be able to use any of the forks on the market .

Cane Creek in North Carolina is very good about making adapter head sets.

It has been said that Cyclone does not like to answer questions much, and with the language difference it is best for someone who has this exact frame to tell us what the headtube size is and what kind of steerer tube they have on their fork.

Tommm said:
ScooterMan101 said:

Differing width for bottom/top head tube is called being Tapered. If you have a non tapered fork you can use it with a non tapered frame, or a tapered frame, with a different headset bearing which converts it.

Also I think you mean 1 1/8 both top and bottom.

For the frame, just email them, they reply multiple times a day.

Back