New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

bergerandfries, My Luna charger has settings of 80%, 90%, and 100%. At the 80% setting I'm lucky that I get 55.4 volts. If I use 90 or 100

bergerandfries, I'm lucky that my Luna charger set and 80% shuts off at 55.4 volts. If I use 90 or 100% settings I have to discharge the battery, using a load (I made an adapter to use my George Forman grill). i do charge to 100% every month or so to equalize the 14 individual cells.

I have over 2,000 miles on my blue gear. Think most folks are destroying them by not shifting down at stops and then starting in a high assist setting. I have a NuVinci hub so it's easy to shift down when stopped. Probably if you have a really powerful engine (ie don't really need assist) the blue gear could be damaged by operating in too high a gear.

Where is a good place to order a known good lm35 temperature sensor from that ships to Canada for not too much money. I see lots of defective ones for sale on AliExpress.

Also what max temperature are people setting their bike at?

I just finish my conversion as well and went for a test ride.
Sports and Turbo does add a lot of power, So far I like Tour mode for normal commuting seems to be best.
I'm using the 750W version with a 48V 14.7 Ah battery. Thinking of installing the Open Source Firmware in the near future.

itchyfoot42 said:
bergerandfries, My Luna charger has settings of 80%, 90%, and 100%. At the 80% setting I'm lucky that I get 55.4 volts. If I use 90 or 100

bergerandfries, I'm lucky that my Luna charger set and 80% shuts off at 55.4 volts. If I use 90 or 100% settings I have to discharge the battery, using a load (I made an adapter to use my George Forman grill). i do charge to 100% every month or so to equalize the 14 individual cells.

I have over 2,000 miles on my blue gear. Think most folks are destroying them by not shifting down at stops and then starting in a high assist setting. I have a NuVinci hub so it's easy to shift down when stopped. Probably if you have a really powerful engine (ie don't really need assist) the blue gear could be damaged by operating in too high a gear.

eyebyesickle said:
Tucznik said:
Have anyone measured this distance?

I mean minimum distance between the round part that goes into bottom bracket to the rest of the engine.

My BB is:
PF41
92mm BB
outside diameter: 47,5 mm

Has anyone tested if you need some eccentric adapter to fit the engine or it will fit using concentric BB adapters?

I think I have discussed this with you since this post, but FYI for everybody, the smallest point (where the lip protrudes to fasten the mount plate) is about 8mm... And an eccentric 41mm adapter will also add about 1-2mm Max of wall thickness, FYI

Just did a TSDZ2 install with a BB30 adapter. It measured exactly 8mm thick from internal threads in the adapter to outside BB casing. Still had to do a little filing and grinding on the motor (those raised parts up near the gear reduction) before the motor would slide in. If it is thicker than 8mm you may want to consider a Bafang BBSxx. They have a generous 12mm of clearance.

S2000 Kitesurfer said:
Hi from the UK 😊.
I'm very proud to announce I've read every page it took me a week.
My head has now turned to mush and I can't remember anything haha.
I've emailed electric bike co.
Hoping to buy two complete upgrade LCDs plus motor controllers with firmware installed :) .
I have received no response from them can anybody help .
Awesome work with all the upgrades.
Cheers Lee

Sorry, we have been moving to a larger shop and got behind on special orders. I have responded to you on electrifybike.com email. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Hi Guys,

I am seeking a bit of help with my second build.

I have a 48v TSDZ2 with VLCD5 (brand new from PSWPower via AliExpress).
I have a 52v (14s2p battery, charged to 50.2v)

I have connected everything using the standard wiring. I am planning to flash with 18.2 and I have the KT-LCD3 ready to go. I thought that I should test the TSDZ2 before I flash, and before I cut the VLCD5

I can power on the VLCD5, can confirm wheel speed, but get NO assistance!?
The battery show full on the display (probably because it is expecting a 13s battery).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

kortina said:
Hi Guys,

I have connected everything using the standard wiring. I am planning to flash with 18.2 and I have the KT-LCD3 ready to go. I thought that I should test the TSDZ2 before I flash, and before I cut the VLCD5

The battery show full on the display (probably because it is expecting a 13s battery).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
What is the assist level-non zero? What is the speed displayed? Sometimes the wheel is turning so slowly that the assist doesn't kick in. If the wheel is spinning fast or there are 2 or more magnets on the wheel, then I'm not sure.

kortina said:
Hi Guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Are you sure your battery voltage is below 54.6volts at power on? Screen will act like that if voltage is too high.

I have a suspicion that I have the 36v VLCD5, and the 48v TSDZ2.

When I attach my battery at 50v it shows FULL on the battery indicator

With my basic maths:
36v:
Low = 29 (10x2.9)
High = 42 (10x4.2)

48v:
Low = 37.7 (13x2.9)
High = 54.6 (13x4.2)

52v:
Low = 40.6 (14x2.9)
High = 58.8 (14x4.2)

On a 48v version of the VLCD5 the battery would still not show full at 50v.

I will try and push 30v to it tonight and see what happens.

Still no luck. Feeding 41.8v into the motor, the screen shows low battery but no movement.

This to me shows that I got the correctly configured 48v VLCD5.

Any more ideas before I attempt the DoA process?

I can't get my bike to go over 10-13 MPH. I went into VLDC5 display speed setting. 750 watt 48 volt 10aH Landcrossers battery. Also how far should the spoke magnet be from the frame mounted sensor? Thanks.

SchwinnBoy63 said:
I can't get my bike to go over 10-13 MPH. I went into VLDC5 display speed setting. 750 watt 48 volt 10aH Landcrossers battery. Also how far should the spoke magnet be from the frame mounted sensor? Thanks.
If you changed the speed units to MPH, the motor speed limit setting remains in KPH. If you put in 40-50 units there you should be OK. I think default on mine was 25KPH.
The magnet doesn't like to be too close. Also be sure that the magnet is lined up with the sensors arrow marking and not the mounting bolt which is easy to get wrong if you have the plastic plug installed over the bolt.

Retrorockit said:
SchwinnBoy63 said:
If you changed the speed units to MPH, the motor speed limit setting remains in KPH. If you put in 40-50 units there you should be OK. I think default on mine was 25KPH.
The magnet doesn't like to be too close. Also be sure that the magnet is lined up with the sensors arrow marking and not the mounting bolt which is easy to get wrong if you have the plastic plug installed over the bolt.

I had this problem for quite a while. Magnet should not be lined up with the round bolt part, but the long longer part after the bolt.

My motor seems to have developed an issue.

During a 30k ride mostly on turbo the motor was performing very well. I kept checking the motor temperature by hand and it barely warmed up. After about 30k, when I left from and standstill the motor made a grinding sound and the power cut. I disconnected the battery, restarted the motor and started riding it on eco. The start-up grinding was minimal, but the motor was warming up. It got considerably hot, still on eco mode. I let it cool down, and now when I try to use it it barely puts out any power even on turbo and it quickly warms up and just stops working. I am using the stock firmware. No throttle.

Any idea what it can be? I haven't opened it yet since I don't want to break the warranty seal, yet. I emailed the seller, but I doubt I will get a replacement.

Daught said:

During a 30k ride mostly on turbo the motor was performing very well. I kept checking the motor temperature by hand and it barely warmed up. After about 30k, when I left from and standstill the motor made a grinding sound and the power cut. I disconnected the battery, restarted the motor and started riding it on eco. The start-up grinding was minimal, but the motor was warming up. It got considerably hot, still on eco mode. I let it cool down, and now when I try to use it it barely puts out any power even on turbo and it quickly warms up and just stops working. I am using the stock firmware. No throttle.

Any idea what it can be? I haven't opened it yet since I don't want to break the warranty seal, yet. I emailed the seller, but I doubt I will get a replacement.

I think your motor just got too hot. I had the same issue on a long ride during a hot afternoon, it delivered much less power. I just let it rest overnight and it worked properly again. You should alternate the modes based on the needs, when you stay always on boost for a long time it will get too hot for sure.

el_proletario said:
Daught said:

I think your motor just got too hot. I had the same issue on a long ride during a hot afternoon, it delivered much less power. I just let it rest overnight and it worked properly again. You should alternate the modes based on the needs, when you stay always on boost for a long time it will get too hot for sure.
I second that. I usually put my motor off or on ECO when I hit downhill sections to let things cool off as much as they can. The only time I go above TOUR is when I'm going uphill into a headwind. I also use the opensource firmware from qmarco and I set the max current at 10amps so that even if I max out the assist for long periods, I might have a shot at keeping the motor cooler than the Curie Temp of the magnets which I've seen some say is 100C. The problem with using your hand to test the outer motor casing is that it doesn't tell you what temp the motor inside might reach because of the air gap between motor and casing.

kortina said:
Hi Guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Feeling a little bit stupid...

Turns out that testing the bike while it is hanging on a work stand is no good.
Once I put the bike on the ground and took it for a real ride the TSDZ2 kicks in just fine.

Now time to re-wire the KT-LCD3 and splice it into the TSDZ2 loom, then reflash.

el_proletario said:
Daught said:

So the motor can overcook even if it's not hot on touch?

Looking at a bike light.

However, the light specifies 6-60 V DC supply and:

Requires at least 7.5 W nominal output of the drive system's light connection

Does the tsdz2 (6v for light, controlled through display) provide enough A (1.25A) for this light?

hi all,
I finally managed to unpack my TSDZ2 and I stared installing it.
I am a bit puzzled by the fact that the speed sensor comes attached to a Y splitter.
By looking up things online, I found this:
http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2017-cm-jnqg

But I am confused. The two ports on the splitter appear indistinguishable from each other. So how do I know which goes to the motor controller and which to the lights?

Does anyone know how the wires inside the splitter are laid out?

thanks

csbike said:
hi all,
I finally managed to unpack my TSDZ2 and I stared installing it.
I am a bit puzzled by the fact that the speed sensor comes attached to a Y splitter.
By looking up things online, I found this:
http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2017-cm-jnqg

But I am confused. The two ports on the splitter appear indistinguishable from each other. So how do I know which goes to the motor controller and which to the lights?

Does anyone know how the wires inside the splitter are laid out?

thanks

I think it doesn't matter. Use whichever but pay attention to how you position the magnet in relation to speed sensor.

Hello,
I need a "hybrid" solution for a street legal ride and for MTB ride with good off-road power with or without a thumb throttle option. I have a permanent knee injury so occasionally I will also need throttle on some MTB trails (I know for 10A thermal limit ;)
As I understand the motor could be run at various voltages with various power settings if you use open source firmware. I intend to use two batteries: a small 36V battery for a street legal ride and bigger high capacity 48V battery for MTB trails.
Still, I am worried how good is the 36V engine with 48V battery on MTB trails compared to real 48V engine version. Also, can I use the thumb throttle with open source firmware?
I'm looking forward to your opinions.

Best regards, Zoran

Hi colleagues, I need advice.
I have a TSDZ2 engine 48v 350w to which I have connected a 52v battery and the engine does not just tinkering you do what to do.

So solved, I used ECO-EBIKE.com
52V 19S.Kterýje on his site.
My new barie is now 52v 17.5A -910Wh 14S5P :lol:

Hi guys,
I need some help, i have installed FW mod on my tsdz2 version 0.19.0 beta 6.
The problem is that the navigation in the configuration menù is not as described in the wiki, i see 10 menus instead of 9 and i'm not able to save settings. In i'm on configuration menu 0 and i push down the menu number displayed become 55, in this situation if i push up button the numer jumps to 3!
After installation i have to erase data memory?
Thanks in advance for helping.

Maurizio

Back