Sabvoton SVMC72150 TROUBLESHOOTING

bionicman

1 mW
Hi,
new forum member with an issue ~

I recently purchased a Leili Ebike https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Powerful-Ebike-72v-12000W-electric-bike_60837746170.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.27.67aa5328Bqb3Ph
with the above controller.

I am looking for some troubleshooting guide as approximately 22km into the first ride with full charge on 72v 40ah battery the display unpowered & LED near controller enclosure does not appear active. Multiple attempts to power the TFT 750c display & connect to controller via Bluetooth was unsuccessful.

Any direction or advice is appreciated.
Thank you for your time!

If the system won't turn on, then you should check the battery. If the battery has a low cell, or some other issue that causes the BMS to shut off it's output to protect it, then nothing will work and nothing will get power.

Regarding Leili in general, you might want to read some of the stuff around the forum about them:

by thread title
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=leili&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

by post
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=leili&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search

Until on further investigation I can measure a full battery charge of 82v at the controller inputs from battery. The headlight/tail light operate normally. However the Tft 750c display will not power up & the leds on the controller are not responsive.
I have had enough taste of the performance that I’d like to try fixing. I’ve been in contact with manufacturer with no resolution. I think the controller/ TFT display is toast. As mid ride the display shutdown & became unresponsive leaving me pushing the bike back...

SVCM 72150 - where can I buy reputable dealer replacement or use a suitable replacement? Or after this is battery still suspect?

Thank you!

Upon further investigation I can measure a full battery charge of 82v at the controller inputs from battery. The headlight/tail light operate normally. However the Tft 750c display will not power up & the leds on the controller are not responsive.
I have had enough taste of the performance that I’d like to try fixing. I’ve been in contact with manufacturer with no resolution. I think the controller/ TFT display is toast. As mid ride the display shutdown & became unresponsive leaving me pushing the bike back...

SVCM 72150 - where can I buy reputable dealer replacement or use a suitable replacement? Or after this is battery still suspect?

Thank you!

ok found the tuning software https://laebike.com/blogs/information/76664133-sabvoton-sinewave-controller& can get a red LED illumination when connecting laptop getting a TX blinking light but no RX talking back from controller

question now is these sabvoton controllers are CAN protocol - Do they require termination from the display or can I simply loop the TX/RX signals as it appears the contoller is a paperweight without the display active?
I diassembled my non working tft 750c display & getting 19.46k ohm resistance RX/TX leads to 5 pin connector...

Hi, i had the same problem, this screen is a big shit, when the battery is full the screen burns it, be careful. Im sorry to tell you that the screen is dead, For start the bike you can open the screen and bypass the positive cable (red) wich have 84v with the 0_bat (blue cable) this is the signal to turn on the sabvoton, you can use the bike doing that and go without screen.

AWESOME! thank yo for the information
yes I agree seems everything checks out except the display
I have another ebay display shipping
trying to understand the system so I'm not stuck pushing a 100lbs + bike again

CAN protocol works with 120 ohm resistance didnt know if looping the TX/RX signals would fool the controller in working or needed a reistance to complete the CAN loop

I'll try looping the red + & blue O_BAT cables immediatly after the 5 pin connector for a pocket work around to avoid pushing next time

are the TFT 750c displays a known weak link?

again thank you for the reply - Good vibes

Are you sure that the communication is CAN? Because i have 72080 and is modbus based on rs232, you can do it a screen with arduino, I'm gonna start a project with Arduino and nextion touch screen to control the sabvoton because i burned 2 screens in 2 month and cost 85usd each

No, hehe, you understand it wrong, it says that you can order it with can bus but paying more, im sure that you controller works as mine, by modbus only has to look the program to configure by com port with a chip that convert usb to serial (ch340 driver)

jaker1309 said:
No, hehe, you understand it wrong, it says that you can order it with can bus but paying more, im sure that you controller works as mine, by modbus only has to look the program to configure by com port with a chip that convert usb to serial (ch340 driver)
👍 thanks for clarification

Interesting but red led startsblinking when looping red/blue power/obat leads still inoperative... no response when looping ex/tx

Try to loop the red and blue, and then connect with your pc by the usb cable, remember unplug the 3 wires connector (yellow, green,brown), and remember that red led light is 5v controller ok (controller turned on) not is failure, you must have red light on and green light on in normally operation.

jaker1309 said:
Try to loop the red and blue, and then connect with your pc by the usb cable, remember unplug the 3 wires connector (yellow, green,brown), and remember that red led light is 5v controller ok (controller turned on) not is failure, you must have red light on and green light on in normally operation.

ok thanks I'll give that a try later

Update

I’ve received new tft display & it works now. But getting a 30h error msg & motor still unresponsive. Cannot connect to controller via Bluetooth nor get a RX signal via laptop Sabvoton software

Controller red led just blinks with no response
Is the controller have issues. Hall sensor, motor??

Battery measurement returns 82v via meter

Hi guys,

A thread troubleshooting these new tft displays will be helpful.
I’ve been through 3 tft displays. I’m also using a Sabvoton controller. I find that they die when the battery voltage is cut while riding, i.e BMS low voltage cell protection, CB accidentally switched off, negative cable unplugged. I’ve tried repairing; found that Q1 and Q4 were dead plus a diode. Both transistors are rated for 100V. Must be more failed components than this as display is not fixed yet.

I’d like a get out of trouble solution when they do die out on a ride. Not being able to start the controller sucks. Haven’t tried bridging the red and blue cables. I’d assume if the controller does power up it would be selected for 0 speed setting. Any suggestions? The controller has been great but the displays are an Achilles Heel.

If I’m successful with a repair I’ll provide details. Unfortunately I’m not able to attempt again until November.

Is the comms RS232 or 2 wire RS485? I noticed some members have Modbus addresses to certain controller data. Does someone have a complete list of accessible data for the sabvonton controllers?

Wish I could help you with the #30h error. I think others have reported that error before. Any good results?

Cheers

There is an issue with these displays, I am on my 3rd one over a 5 month period. All 3 did the same thing, was fine when i shut it off. Then next day does not turn on. If you put your ear to it will have a constant buzzing sound. To solve the issue I had to put a switch on the positive wire of the display preventing power to it when its off. This has corrected the issue.

Hey,

Any updates on this issue?

As I recently experienced this same exact problem with a Leili 12kW bike using a Sabvoton 72150 and TFT 750C. Everything seems fine on the surface, but when the bike is turned on, the Display just shows Error 30H and the throttle does not work. Bluetooth connection does not work either, it does not show up in the Android App as a device. But the controller shows a steady red light when USB is connected to PC, even though the PC software cannot find it, and also then the Error goes away on the TFT 750C, but still bike doesn't respond to throttle or anything really.

Hey,
I have the same issue, it happend while testing regen braking with wheel in the air.. i see now the use other display called UKC1? can i just replace tge tft750C with the new one?

thanks!

matschi140 said:
Hey,
I have the same issue, it happend while testing regen braking with wheel in the air.. i see now the use other display called UKC1? can i just replace tge tft750C with the new one?

thanks!

Hey did you ever resolve this? my 750c also died a while back so I just bypassed the display and use the bike without one, however it would be good to know the voltage while I'm riding again, was also thinking about getting the UKC1 to replace it.

Back