Oset 24" build

I have yet to see a video of trial type riding with the sur-ron. Even LMX just put a short trial vid up and its pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the sur-ron compared to the Oset? Wouldnt the Oset be more suited to trials type riding?

skeetab5780 said:
I have yet to see a video of trial type riding with the sur-ron. Even LMX just put a short trial vid up and its pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the sur-ron compared to the Oset? Wouldnt the Oset be more suited to trials type riding?

there are some trials riding vids on Sur-Ron Owners fb group by experienced rider and it seems to ride trials very well, but I would remove the seat strut for even better clearance, maneuverability ..

LMX trials work in progress
rear wheel is a excel 2.5 rim with a 3.5 tire, I will send videos shortly of LMX doing trials, we are in a club and we have Trial competitions every month, sometimes I take the LMX

front of the bike now feels way to light a bit shitty for trials and the footpegs shall go a bit more to the rear but I love these footpegs for trials only annoying when you get stuck with them
next in list is a 21 front rim and trials tire , hopefully will be a good solution for the front weight

chain 219 is silent and strong and i have a good o-ring one , but still it has allot of play and maintenance due to the length of the chain so i might swap to a larger chain like 415 like it had before.

150/180AH is the limit you want to ride WOT this bike for stunts with high gear, more than and that and it will be unbalanced.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 1,779
Thanks for the pics, that is the first lmx ive seen with oset plastics! Pretty cool looking

So you have all three bikes? Thats awesome

Haha, My thread has been kicked off again! love it. Love trials.
I'll have to go back through and have a read about what everyones talking about. great to see some trials builds, I think theres only a few of us that have done such builds and theyre all usually pretty experimental. I see a few Oset parts being utilised (their sprocket carrier is the bomb!)
Ill see what i can do about finding all the pictures that Photo-Fuckit ruined, no idea if i still have them.
Im recovering form a shattered elbow so i cant dig the frame out of the bike pile, but i will soon!

Keep the build updates going, happy to change the title to a general thread about trials builds!

Heres an update , i finally welded the footpegs on the lmx a bit more at the rear and it boosts maneuverability for trials

IMG_1156s.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_11591s.jpg

A nice build, but why not direct drive.
I build a trailbike with a 2 stage reduction just like E.M does. It gives so much more torque.

Xtr6 said:
A nice build, but why not direct drive.
I build a trailbike with a 2 stage reduction just like E.M does. It gives so much more torque.

nice! can you share the build , do you have documented?
i would prefer with stage reduction but it gets heavier , expensier and also more complex to build right
the bike weights 35kg with that battery

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=99086

I build a trailmotorbike lookalike see link. It is more heavy then yours. It has at this moment so much torque and is quite impressive in the trailpark, It has more power than a gasgas 300, it even better than the e.m. 5,7. We did some testing and my home build has more torque bud less speed than the e.m. 2019 model.
Running a Sevcon gen4 -4 motor is motenergy 0913 and 70 Volt 30 Ah. battery, Living in the same country Btw.

its a nice build, thanks for sharing, im also building an old yamaha scorpa maybe will do post about it. where do u live?
about the weight, the thing is if i go electric in trials i must be light, weight is king in trials , and as long ergonomy, balance and strength of the frame can handle , i saw u using Kelly i use to like for the power but it has allot of downsides, it usually has bugs, you need to connect to computer or buggy bluetooth , and it doesnt even display the right data. i had about 5 different kelys and use to like them until i tried something better ( Nucular)(Russian)

your bike uses domino , i also had 2 , and i dont like it as much as a mechanical throtle with an hall sensor , the domino throtle feel is still plastic and sharp, breaks easily also when u fall.

im using lithium ion, have 2 different batteries one 42h other 12h , i can run a trials competion till the end with a 12ah battery. weights nothing.

maybe you can come along to my garage and we can do some stuff together, i live in Bergschenhoek, close to Rotterdam.
i will finish the scorpa soon , i want to make sure to mount / weld silent blocks or rubbers to the motor in the frame to not crack the motor if i just welded to the frame its bond to break with the torque, i have a few motors but im thinking on a qs motor for it.

stage reduction will be perfect but not there yet first ill try directs.
i think to go further for stage reduction ill buy a better bike.

Just bought today a Sherco 290 model 2011. This wil be changed into a E-trail making use of the parts from the homemade one.
Wil be lighter and slimmer. Great fun to build such a bike.

Back