My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Has anyone considered or using one of these to enable legal road use of their AM 1000?
https://eggbikes.com/eggrider

Really want to find a way to make these bikes road legal in Spain as I want to start a bike rental company and need to comply with the stupid 250w / 15mph laws.

Thanks

DaninSpain said:
Has anyone considered or using one of these to enable legal road use of their AM 1000?

Really want to find a way to make these bikes road legal in Spain as I want to start a bike rental company and need to comply with the stupid 250w / 15mph laws.

Thanks

I asked them about the product to use with the bafang ultra @ 52v battery, their reply:

"Yes, 58.8 is the highest voltage we support. It's also compatible with Bafang Ultra, according to our customers."

I would love to try one of these as I don't realy use the screen. It's supposed to have a button to turn on/off the off-road mode (P > 250W, but more importantly, it should limit the speed to 25kmh. The power can't be tested properly but the speed limit and cutting of the throttle would be amazing.

DaninSpain said:

Thanks

I have one, but my bike is still in production :)

hi all, is anyone noticing an increase in play in the rear triangle? Mine can move significantly sideways and it's concerning me a bit. I know FS bikes have this but it increased within the last year and a half.

Hardcore said:
hi all, is anyone noticing an increase in play in the rear triangle? Mine can move significantly sideways and it's concerning me a bit. I know FS bikes have this but it increased within the last year and a half.

First, I would check all assemblies to make certain nothing has come loose and most importantly to verify originating locatio. My wife rides a 10 month old AM1000 and it is still nice and tight with no significant flex on full throttle. However, she rides it mostly on farm and levee trails, no "hardcore" stuff. :) With that handle, I am assuming you ride yours hard.

When I ordered her AM1000, I had Ivy include a rebuild kit for the rear end. I am sure she can supply you one of it is worn. Can't remember the cost, but it was low, like $30-40.

I will be interested to hear what you find as the root cause of the movement.

Additionally, wonder if the M600 display (DPC23) would work with the Ultra? The DPC18 has always been a bit large and unprotected when flying through thickly wooded single track.

garyal1 said:
Hardcore said:

First, I would check all assemblies to make certain nothing has come loose and most importantly to verify originating locatio. My wife rides a 10 month old AM1000 and it is still nice and tight with no significant flex on full throttle. However, she rides it mostly on farm and levee trails, no "hardcore" stuff. :) With that handle, I am assuming you ride yours hard.

When I ordered her AM1000, I had Ivy include a rebuild kit for the rear end. I am sure she can supply you one of it is worn. Can't remember the cost, but it was low, like $30-40.

I rebuilt the rear triangle with enduro bearings but there seems to be a few mm play at the contact points and the triangle even hits the frame. I can add some pictures when I get back. It just sucks that when jumping this causes the bike to be very unpredictable. And yes, it was used like a proper enduro e-mtb.

the M600 display C240 is not compatible with C18 for Ultra. each motor come with a specific display.

and below a video about our team ride in a mountain bike park yesterday for you have a look.
https://youtu.be/Gev7-TBU4yI

Hardcore said:
garyal1 said:
Hardcore said:

I rebuilt the rear triangle with enduro bearings but there seems to be a few mm play at the contact points and the triangle even hits the frame. I can add some pictures when I get back. It just sucks that when jumping this causes the bike to be very unpredictable. And yes, it was used like a proper enduro e-mtb.

Here are the pictures of the frame where the rear triangle from the suspension rubs against it on both sides indicating the play that occurs. Any ideas on what I can check to fix this problem?

Attachments

• 60903908_1095844067283809_5924203035965259776_n.jpg
    60903908_1095844067283809_5924203035965259776_n.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,806
  • 61141832_369444393703343_2325637602947891200_n.jpg
    61141832_369444393703343_2325637602947891200_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,806
Hi,

I don't know who you are here by your user name, you can contact me for further service.

Regards,
Ivy

Hardcore said:
Hardcore said:
garyal1 said:
Hardcore said:

Here are the pictures of the frame where the rear triangle from the suspension rubs against it on both sides indicating the play that occurs. Any ideas on what I can check to fix this problem?

Great to hear that, I'm switching to a newer frame as mine is still one of the first versions. Their 5.0 AM1000 should be sent to me thanks to Ivy for coming to an agreement on how to handle my situation!

Wow, I haven't come back to my thread in so long, and there are so many posts! It will take a while to go through all of them, and I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a video of me riding my AM1000 in a flooded lake. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQIe4ZhnNY&feature=youtu.be

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQIe4ZhnNY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

How do you use the youtube button?

Sorry, I meant that I opened it up to dry it myself. There was only a little water inside.

Animalector said:
Well that's great news. Kudos to bafang for sealed units..
Andy

Sinbord1981 said:
My AM1000 got delivered today. Didn’t take me too long to get it all built up. I’ve just got to wait on the batteries now. I’m really pleased with it. It was so well packaged and came in an outer wooden crate as well. I’ll get some photos/video up soon once again be got it running. It was delivered with the software USB programming cable but does anyone know where I can get the software from?

Thanks all.

Ask Frey for the software, or i think there is another website where you can get it. This is from someone else: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DCTQoQZ7MHID-rxkPJW6t_q_wPZr-1m/view

Back