GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

Grantmac:

Thats the situation with the short motor mount, 12T / 63T

i think the big "standart sproket" is a 72T (?), and the driver sproket is 11T.
Here is a foto with 12T / 73T for comparison:

i guess on the short motor mounts, 11T/63T would work, 11T/72T probably not (maybe a very tight fit). But if you lower the distance between the two axles (motor and BB), there will be less tooth involved on the driver sproket.

Will do a review later in a seperat Tread, so far im very impressed with the quality of the kit

Why use the 12T with the 63T, rather than 11T with 63T? Would be a better ratio, right?

Grantmac said:
Looks like the tensioner might not fit, so may need to use a fixed one with precise chain length.

Except the 11T fits with the 72T, why wouldn't the 11T fit with the 63T?

sorry, the foto with the 12T was only to show the distances between the axles, had no 11T laying around at this moment...

the 11T gives a precise chain lenght with the 63T on the long (normal) mounts, and i think the 12T gives a precise chain length with the 72T (with a longer chain).

I only ordered the 11T to 63T ratios, they came with the right chains (-length) and everything fits perfect.
Tensioner was included, but is not needed

That is Correct, Lipo's do Not come with a BMS,

You do not need a BMS though, you can do one of two things or both,

When discharging ( operating your e-bike or other item using Lipo's )
I look at my voltage reading on my display , just like you do with a Gas/Petrol gauge on your car.
I never go below 3.65 volts per cell ( for a 12 s pack that would be 43.8 volts / for a 14s pack 51.1 volts , etc )
When I get to around one volt above that I usually pull over and change the wiring harness to a fresh battery pack .
That is one advantage of lipo's , the fact that you can put a 5 or 10 amp hour pack in your frame depending on how much space you have there, and one 5 amp hour pack on a back rack or back pack.
Also
You can get one of these for each battery pack ... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-lipo-voltage-checker-2s-8s.html
Buy one or two extra's as they are small and can easily get lost,
on the voltage checkers the alarm is not very loud when you have the wind noise in your ears , so to get them closer to you , you can buy these ( the ones I link to here are for 6s battery packs ) ... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=HXT+JSH++extension+cable

fullofdays said:
No bms with lipo, correct?

received my kit a few days ago. installed on bike. linking build thread here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96897&p=1467574#p1467574

Cool, can't wait to see some of these spinning along. :)

Remi812 said:
Just ordered mine after seeing what this kit is capable of.

Tony, have you been able to set up a user account on the App?

this is what i get after trying to create an account

1 validation error detected:
Value at 'username' failed to satisfy constraint: member must satisfy regular expressive pattern: [\p{L}\p{M}\p{S}\p{N}\p{P}]+

this is like some back end developer stuff, no?

I can't decipher that pattern, but that's a really horrible way to present an error.
It might be that you have special characters, spaces, etc in your username and the backend is choking on that.

If you are using a username that is totally alphanumeric, then the app is borked.

neptronix said:
I can't decipher that pattern, but that's a really horrible way to present an error.
It might be that you have special characters, spaces, etc in your username and the backend is choking on that.

If you are using a username that is totally alphanumeric, then the app is borked.

lenk42602 is what I used...

timbits where are you located?

facebook is not a world i dwell in

Thanks. Reachd out to Jon and he provided a beta version of the app.

not quite the real deal but good enough for now

alan chinito hu doesn't post here anymore apparently, just facebook or whatever.. but he's got a few vids of the CYC running already, using a FOC controller..

[youtube]nqqqheR91bg[/youtube]

Much quieter than say, the tangent, which sounds like a gasoline engine even running on a FOC controller.

Has anyone weighed the motor/drive/controller yet? How well does the controller work in the "power" mode, which I assume is torque-sensor controlled?

Wow I want one!

I'm going to assume that the motor temp measurement in that video can't be accurate, looks more like ambient temp. A small motor like this pulling those amps would heat up quickly (maybe something similar to that controller temp)?

Hi! X1 pro is fast. I made ebike with this engine and look what happened :) https://youtu.be/MiUbZDPrDoM
Also it u can please shere and like my project 👉 bit.ly/teamwolfgang1 👈 we are very close to win this competition with x1 pro engine :) help us by liking it :)

I thought somebody posted the Kv and pole # of the motor but i can't find it so maybe i am just imagining things.
Can anybody help?

Ah, so ~72k eRPM on 72v..
And ~10,000rpm..

Makes sense now how they are making so much power from this motor. This thing is like an Acura Integra GSR motor. Spin, spin, spin.

Back