E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

StudRock said:
Welcome to to the Forum and congratulations on your potential purchase.

I was in the same boat as you are. I did my research on ebikes for a month or so before deciding that I was going to get a Bomber. At first, I too was going to build a custom ebike, however, after reading MANY posts on several different forums, the one thing I noticed was that, Everyone was comparing their custom bike builds and even manufactures bikes to the Stealth Bomber. For me, that, and reading all of the great posts on here helped me make that decision.

The next hurtle was finding one that was in good condition, that someone wanted to sell to begin with here in the States. Finally, after some creative research, I found a great condition 2016 model from one of the forum members here. The only thing I wasn't fond of what the color. So, this years little winter/spring project was getting it powder coated KTM Orange. I'm VERY Happy with it now. I can't tell you how much fun it is to ride and how many people stop me to ask what it is.

To be honest, I haven't seen another Stealth in my area (East Coast). I have noticed that those that are here in the States are primarily on the West Coast. Just out of curiosity, where are you located...?

Take some pictures of the Bike and post them up, I'd love to see it...!! - Good Luck with your new purchase :thumb:

At for the PDF... here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugkz6z5za8t422p/SEB Owners Manual V2.3.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for that. Im still on the fence about it because i drive a small hatchback, the only trunk rack ive seen that can accommodate the bomber is the Thule one

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Thule/TH9034XT.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84nYW3E72nekbsPOOJycOfIU3wQyhO08IwEysey2ZkUyqhM0WBHc-QoaAo6_EALw_wcB

but they say the weight limit is about 40kg, i believe the bomber is about 55kg.

Im from South Africa but based in Dubai. In fact, i believe the stealth bomber im about to buy is the exact same one featured on this youtube video

https://youtu.be/U0-4YjPnA50

And here is a video the seller made for me

https://youtu.be/49RPZLXTGb8

If you do notice anything out of the ordinary with it pls let me know 🙏🏼

East coast rules.

Basically ride anywhere no one cares. Blank stares or ignored most of the time.

Skaiwerd said:
East coast rules.

Hummm, here in West cost of Tuscany I would say also pedaling no more than 30 mph nobody care of you.
Is it ok at any speed for you?

bigbore said:
Skaiwerd said:
East coast rules.

Hummm, here in West cost of Tuscany I would say also pedaling no more than 30 mph nobody care of you.
Is it ok at any speed for you?
Same here in Nevada and California and Idaho.

Need some advice.

Since I finally got the bike back together, I've had the opportunity to do some flat ground paved speeds tests. The maximum that I'm ever able to get out of the bike is 42 MPH. The specs and the settings that I'm able to see are as follows:

First, just to give you some history...the road is a flat paved road (no hills), the temp is 72 degree's with 62% humidity. I'm 205 lbs and the battery was fully charged. I have a little over 1000 miles on the bike and I think 309 cycles on the batter. I've attempted this speed run about 4 times on different days and I'm never able to get above 42 MPH.

Here is what I'm about to capture from the DC1... I'm open to suggestions or advice... THanks guys..!

Tyre Circumference
- RazorBack = 2034
- Crazy Bob = 1965

Power Limit = 5200w
Speed Limit = 95.0 mph

Batt Volts = 78.4v
Power Level = -12w
Efficiency = 66.4
Power Used = 320Wh

Pole Count = 12
Shunt Value = 0.6A
Calibrate Voltage = 1339 80.0v

Thanks for getting back to me Rick... I honestly dont know how fast it topped out before I rebuilt it. My nephew and I mainly used it off road ever since I got it, so I never had an opportunity to open it on a flat paved road.

The ONLY thing different that I'm noticing since I put it back together is... I have to do a manual reset of the DC1 after charging to reset the battery indicator back to 100%. I'm not sure if the DC1 has the current firmware.. I "believe" that I saw a version of 128 when I was looking thru the menus.

Aside from putting the hardware off and on for the rebuild, I never touched anything else.

StudRock said:
Thanks for getting back to me Rick... I honestly dont know how fast it topped out before I rebuilt it. My nephew and I mainly used it off road ever since I got it, so I never had an opportunity to open it on a flat paved road.

The ONLY thing different that I'm noticing since I put it back together is... I have to do a manual reset of the DC1 after charging to reset the battery indicator back to 100%. I'm not sure if the DC1 has the current firmware.. I "believe" that I saw a version of 128 when I was looking thru the menus.

Aside from putting the hardware off and on for the rebuild, I never touched anything else.

Looking at your bike pics on the other page, you motor is the Crystalyte 5403. Its good for over 50 miles per hour with a 72-80 volt battery. Unless your battery is tired, you should get more than 42MPH. Maybe you got one of my 5404 motors back when I was importing and selling them. There are probably 20 Bombers out there that have the 5404 on them. Do you remember the name of the person you got the bike from?

Forgive me, but I wouldn't know how to tell if its a 5403 or 5404, however, I did take a picture for you. Unless I'm oblivious, I didn't notice any markings on the housing. I also got some more accurate and additional information from the DC1. See below.

As for the owner, for privacy reasons, I'll PM you his name. Thanks for any advice you guidance you can provide..! :wink:

Odometer = 1235
Batt Cycle = 311
Region = 2
Batt LVL = 690
Shunt Value = 111 0.6A
Calibrate Voltage = 1339 80.0v

Motor.png

Man, I didn't realize just how pretty your paint job was until I saw the swing arm in your close up pic. Beautiful.

Check a few settings in your DC1
1. Set the correct tire circumference. It affects th speed reading.
2. Check you don't have a speed limit set. Look in set limits. Set it as high as it will go.

Nice paint job. :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment guys...! -

Well... So.. taking the DC1 out of the equation from possibly displaying the incorrect MPH, I did a speed test again this morning with two different Mobile apps and they both read the same, 42 MPH.

Rix... I got your PM yesterday, thanks...! but this is bothering me until I know for sure. is there anyway to physically tell if the motor is a 5404..? I ask because the guy was a pretty straight up guy and I pretty sure he would have said something to me ahead of time, or at least posted something on the forum about changing the motor out.

Also, is there anything to be found by reading the diagnostics on the DC1...? again, I'm just trying to pinpoint the drastic speed difference..

Thanks guys..! :D

cruzxia said:
Check a few settings in your DC1
1. Set the correct tire circumference. It affects th speed reading.
2. Check you don't have a speed limit set. Look in set limits. Set it as high as it will go.

Nice paint job. :thumb:

Damn dude, you are still around. Thats awesome. Haven't heard from you in years on this thread, whats your ebike status?

StudRock said:
Thanks for the compliment guys...! -

Well... So.. taking the DC1 out of the equation from possibly displaying the incorrect MPH, I did a speed test again this morning with two different Mobile apps and they both read the same, 42 MPH.

Rix... I got your PM yesterday, thanks...! but this is bothering me until I know for sure. is there anyway to physically tell if the motor is a 5404..? I ask because the guy was a pretty straight up guy and I pretty sure he would have said something to me ahead of time, or at least posted something on the forum about changing the motor out.

Also, is there anything to be found by reading the diagnostics on the DC1...? again, I'm just trying to pinpoint the drastic speed difference..

Thanks guys..! :D

I have had the 5403, 5404, and 5405 all apart at the same time, I can't tell the difference looking at the staters. But believe me, if your bike is working correctly, and your battery is good, then you have a 5404. With the Bomber battery and running gear, I have clocked the following speeds, 5403 will go between 50 and 55mph, th 5404 will go between 42 and 44mph, and the 5405 is 37 and 39MPH. All numbers are radar confirmed.

And you dont want 5403 unless you use it for high speed cruising. Doing some light offroad then 5404 is better - less heat, more efficient, you should also have better acc from dead stop on that one.

djjoonie said:
my b52 and fighter :)
EscXIKG.jpg

tQbb3EN.jpg

wvJ0NMi.jpg

Hi djjonnie, may i ask which kind of hitch bike rack is the one you posted in this pic? I have a hatch back so am limited to a hitch mount. But i cant seem to find one that can support the weight of the bomber unless its a motorbike one.

Allex said:
And you dont want 5403 unless you use it for high speed cruising. Doing some light offroad then 5404 is better - less heat, more efficient, you should also have better acc from dead stop on that one.

So true :bolt:

Rix
Still have my B52. With upgraded motor and battery. It is a rocketship.
I still ride every week. I have tryed a few other e bikes, but nothing compares to the stealth bikes.
Cruzxia

Rix said:
Allex said:

@Rix - Just for my understanding, are you saying that some bombers were sold with a 5404 from the factory, or as an option...?. Or... were they installed after that fact...? I ask because I understood you to say that you were reselling them. If that’s the case, then I can send an email out to whom I bought it from and ask.

@Allex - to your point, unfortunately, much like Tv.... I too live in a concrete jungle and would be doing very limited off-roading and definitely nothing agressive. I think I would get more use out of the 5403 and the higher speeds....

StudRock said:
Rix said:
Allex said:

@Rix - Just for my understanding, are you saying that some bombers were sold with a 5404 from the factory, or as an option...?. Or... were they installed after that fact...? I ask because I understood you to say that you were reselling them. If that’s the case, then I can send an email out to whom I bought it from and ask.

@Allex - to your point, unfortunately, much like Tv.... I too live in a concrete jungle and would be doing very limited off-roading and definitely nothing agressive. I think I would get more use out of the 5403 and the higher speeds....

No, any Bomber made after the later half of 2011 to 2017 had the 5403. That said, I imported 25 5404s around late 2012 and sold the last one in 2017, actually I did't sell it, it went to a certain Stealth Factory rider's hurricane when he destroyed his wheel down in Las Vegas. In other words, the motors I sold were installed after the fact.

cruzxia said:
Rix
Still have my B52. With upgraded motor and battery. It is a rocketship.
I still ride every week. I have tryed a few other e bikes, but nothing compares to the stealth bikes.
Cruzxia

Glad to hear it and glad you still pop in from time to time. Stealth bikes are the best, hands down.

Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?

StudRock said:
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?

Stealth tech said to get the domino throttle to work properly, it needs a .08-5 volt resistor added inline, did you do that?

Back