QS 205

ebike11

1 MW
Hi there
I currently have a mxus 3000 3T but i only read great things about the QS 205. I think i only have room for the 50H model. I have a couple of quick questions.
Is 3T the lowest/fastest motor they sell?
Would there be quite a noticable difference compared to the mxus if both are using the same controller, Sabvoton 72200 and with 92V hot off the charger.
I wasted so much money on experimenting with so many controllers so im hoping to select the correct motor to give me more top speed on flats than the mxus. I love the mxus but..
Thanks

I don’t know the kv of your mxus, but the Qs205 50H is available 17.7 kv, making 1275 RPM at 72v. It will run with any sinewave controller.

MadRhino said:
I don’t know the kv of your mxus, but the Qs205 50H is available 17.7 kv, making 1275 RPM at 72v. It will run with any sinewave controller.

Thx!. Ill check the mxus kv..
Would you know if the 3T is the fastest version they make?

I believe MXUS is offering only one version of 3T winding. It is their fastest motor but I don’t know its Kv. All I know is that I leave it in the dust with my commuter that has a QS 205, not even the fastest Kv QS does make.

The MXUS 3kw is built better than a QS 205 though, but the heavier QS 205 can shed more heat, thus can be fed more power. If your MXUS was wound faster, it would overheat quicker because of its light weight. Until we have motors that are made to fit liquid cooling, motor weight can’t be cut without loosing some reliability in acceleration performance.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65972

3T- is fastest wind as shown in the first post. I believe they WILL do a custom wind if you wanna pay for it. KV is 17.71.

Tom

litespeed said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65972

3T- is fastest wind as shown in the first post. I believe they WILL do a custom wind if you wanna pay for it. KV is 17.71.

Tom

Thanks!

MadRhino said:
I believe MXUS is offering only one version of 3T winding. It is their fastest motor but I don’t know its Kv. All I know is that I leave it in the dust with my commuter that has a QS 205, not even the fastest Kv QS does make.

The MXUS 3kw is built better than a QS 205 though, but the heavier QS 205 can shed more heat, thus can be fed more power. If your MXUS was wound faster, it would overheat quicker because of its light weight. Until we have motors that are made to fit liquid cooling, motor weight can’t be cut without loosing some reliability in acceleration performance.

Thanks for the info!
Which kv model of the 205 do you have?

I know you didn’t ask but I have a 3.5T which is 14.41 KV.....my bike will go well past 65mph on 20s.

Tom

litespeed said:
I know you didn’t ask but I have a 3.5T which is 14.41 KV.....my bike will go well past 65mph on 20s.

Tom

Thanks as well
Would you happed to know the axle size of the 205 for torque arms? I know the mxus M16

All I know, from reading the forums, is that once you start getting down to the 2T and 1T (If thats possible), there becomes problems in controlling the motor. Perhaps its something to do with back EMF, but I really have no clue. I have the MXUS 3kw 4T, not because I wanted to go super fast, but because I wanted hill climbing power by lacing motor into a smaller wheel, getting more torque, faster take offs, up to speed faster.

MadRhino said:
The MXUS 3kw is built better than a QS 205 though, but the heavier QS 205 can shed more heat, thus can be fed more power.
can you add more details about why you like the mxus build please, im curious :D

i only have an old pressed steel stator v2mxus, im not that impressed by it..

ridethelightning said:
MadRhino said:
The MXUS 3kw is built better than a QS 205 though, but the heavier QS 205 can shed more heat, thus can be fed more power.
can you add more details about why you like the mxus build please, im curious :D

i only have an old pressed steel stator v2mxus, im not that impressed by it..

I see. I was talking about the newer MXUS. Still, I find that QS are making their motors powerful with lots of copper, but they really don’t care about the improvement in material and machining precision. They are the old standard Chinese hub, only bigger.

Yet, their biggest motors are now offered with liquid cooling, so we can hope that a liquid cooled 205 is possible in a near future. With cooling implemented, the next step is the use of light weight materials and higher precision standards. The future of the DD hub is easy to see, but long to come. I guess we will have to wait another decade, before we can buy big DD hubs made with ceramic and carbon composites,
Switching winding, regulated temp... Half the weight.

As you can see on their website 3T is 16.32kv, but there are a 3T- with 17.71kv.
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QS%20QSMOTOR%20350W%20-%203000%20Watt%20Peak%2014kW%20205%2050H%20V3%20Brushless%20DC%20electric%20bike%20ebike%20hub%20motor/536.html

I have a 4T, and my bike does 80km/h on 20s with 17" moped wheel. Probably a bit more if I keep my head down and try on a longer strait.

Just saw where MXUS offers a 5000W motor with a 55H stator and 150 OLD (dropout width).

I sent them a message to see if they would tell me the Kv...but haven't heard back yet.

Does anybody have any info on the MXUS 5000W motor?

All these 5000W", 8000W, etc. claims are sort of meaningless. You have to look deeper to find out how the motor might really perform for your application...like number of pole pairs, lamination thickness, stator width, etc. I don't claim to be an expert by any means. MAC is an 8000W motor...for a few seconds :lol: .

I would appreciate any info anyone has on the MXUS 5000W 55H motor...Thanks.

Back