Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for your message.
which Trp eMTB are you speaking off?
the TRP G-SPEC E-MTB or the TRP ZURICH?

and where can I purchase them online?

best
P.

yes G-SPEC E-MTB

be sure reading description that the rotors can be 2.3mm thick.
if you google G-SPEC E-MTB bunch of dealers.

if you need or want the ugly long lever... LMX has them as a set incl rotors.

https://lmxbikes.com/en/chassis-parts/83-trp-zurich-brake-set-for-lmx.html

hello I received my engine Qs138 70H it is monstrous !! I wonder if it would not be better to order a Nucular 24F instead of 12F...
Ihave preorder N°352C

I have 3kW Qs motor. It's possible to change my preorder ?
I have a 20s 60Ah LG Chem battery. I hope that is good to the 24F !
My little car is very hight 400kg !!

Thank you very much ! You think my battery will be powerful enough for the 24F? They are NMC cells.

No but all is here...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90395

PITMIX said:
No but all is here...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90395

From what I see with a quick look your battery pack is capable for up to 600A peak power.
BUT this battery pack comes with a liquid cooling solution.
You have only a part of the battery pack so the cooling system doesn't work.

24F Nucular controller will support up to 300 battery amps this is serious power and you should be careful not to fry your pack without cooling it can be dangerous.
The solution is to install one or two temp sensors to be at the safe side.

Hi Vasili
I tried to send you a PM but my message wouldnt send.
Im quite interested in a 12F to run my rotomax 150 build.
I saw somewhere that the erpm limit is 100k. Is that for FOC or just 6 step? If I terminate this motor in wye I can stay under that number.
Out of the list of possible temperature sensors you have listed on the wiki page is there one that you prefer over others?
Are the hall sensors using a jst connector on the board? (sorry I couldnt find that info anywhere but I probably missed it)
How long is the waiting list for a 12F? and have the priced changed at all?
Also what payment method do you take?

Hello,
I got your message, will reply here
I should warn you about running RC motors, with these you may not achieve full phase current due to high current ripple. Also you may need to make some fine tuning of PID regulators to make it work. I had chance to setup one rc-motor bike and it work not that good, either for bad manually placed hall sensors or just low motor L/R. Yes there 100kERPM software limitation atm.
Check schematics on wiki.nucular.tech connectors PHD2.0 2x3
1-3 month queue, 300$ (w/o shipping)
paypal/SEPA/epayments

Cheers,
Vasily

Feist92 said:
Hi Vasili
I tried to send you a PM but my message wouldnt send.
Im quite interested in a 12F to run my rotomax 150 build.
I saw somewhere that the erpm limit is 100k. Is that for FOC or just 6 step? If I terminate this motor in wye I can stay under that number.

I am running a Neu 8057 RC motor (also changed the winding from delta to star), and aside from the thing that controller cuts out if i set more than 180A phase (on early version 12F controller with 200A limit) it is running efficient and smooth with just doing autodetect.
The next days i will flash to the latest firmware and try to fine tune mentioned PID regulators for FOC.

It depends on many things if RC motors will work well or not so.
Aside from L/R also BEMF waveform plays a role and it should be sinewave for optimal performance and lowest current ripple.
If you change the winding from delta to star it would be ALOT easier for the controller because the inductance will go up by factor 3-4.

In star it should be 33mOhm, 54microH and 86.5kv which (I think) is 62,300erpm (based on 10 pole pairs and 72v pack)
It has a fairly sinusoidal commutation so from what Ive read it should be fairly easy to drive??
I might just have to bite the bullet and try it out

VasiliSk said:
Some of users were asking about bug/feature list, so i made one and will keep it updating :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQQviu7a2jcJq7J_EyNUhmTciSmUwwjbLchOEgNhlFES_hABQF1_3I_dKFV3hhr-SziynTalMbE2FDI/pubhtml

Add traction control to the list. Nice with 4-wheelers. :)

Thank you.
And what about this?
24S Nucular BMS for any kind controller - planned
When will the 24S BMS be available to buy with 24F controllers?

VasiliSk said:
I had chance to setup one rc-motor bike and it work not that good, either for bad manually placed hall sensors or just low motor L/R.

I thought that RC motors would run reasonably well with of your implementation FOC. I thought FOC doesn't need hall sensors?

Is FOC mode able to reach 100,000 eRPM, or is this just for Square Mode ATM?

Cheers,
Tom

Back