Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

agniusm said:
Would be great to have clarification on this. What will work and what most likely damage components. If it boost boosts voltage, and no exactly matched dc source is needed, that would be so awesome. Its a mess having all these different chargers. Wander if i have 2 of these, one running 48v another 72, would one 40V 20A psu do them both?

I will tell you how it works. The ideal situation is when your psu voltage is close to your empty battery voltage and no more otherwise you won't be able to control the charging amps.
When you have low psu voltage let's say 12-24v the harder is for the controller to step up the voltage and also harder for the motor because of the high amps.
For 20S battery pack I use 57V psu and it works very efficiently. When I use my 24V psu the controller heats up more and also I lose energy with the high voltage conversion.

j bjork said:
But strange anyway that they are not posting about how happy they are :?
If there where problems I guess they would post about that anyway..

I like my 12F a lot :bigthumb:
[youtube]aZivkLb8S88[/youtube]

Nice Video.......can't wait for my 24F :)

antix said:
j bjork said:
But strange anyway that they are not posting about how happy they are :?
If there where problems I guess they would post about that anyway..

I like my 12F a lot :bigthumb:
[youtube]aZivkLb8S88[/youtube]
Nice video!
Does the motor work more efficiently and at lower temperatures with this controller?

icherouveim said:
Does the motor work more efficiently and at lower temperatures with this controller?

Cannot really comment on that. I ran a 60A controller without a display before this.

Merlin said:
j bjork said:
To get the full (setup)speed with only a little throttle is expected in torque throttle mode, when you don´t have any load.
Because you don´t control speed (voltage), you control torque (amps). Very little amps are needed to run at full speed without load.

I am curios, are you one of the first to get your controller? :)

no...there are some out there. looks like they are riding now only all time and dont strart posting :D
or maybe the sphere dies. who knows ;(

English subs available:

[youtube]Ncp8LzlK42g[/youtube]

@devo,

in control:
Speed mode = Ref. speed
setup Reference speed = 100
100 means kph...if you have 50 on Mode 1 then you should reach 50kph.

with FOC settings you benefit some % of efficiency + sinewave (no square noise) and you can setup flux weaken to get more topspeed.

you can setup all 4 Buttons as you like. you can setup one button as a toggle between S1-S2-S3
or simple put S1 on Button, S2 on Button 2, s3 on Button 3

any maybe on Button 4 -> cruise.

Beautiful video :bigthumb:
Is there the option of a password protected "eco mode" maybe when the controller is turned on?

I would personally just run the cells to 6s or 4s jst xh connectors and use a cell checker every so often to make sure everything is balanced. I ran one of my bikes for almost 2 years without any BMS. While I guess you are taking a chance with this it should be no problem until you get your Nucular BMS.

Nuked Rhino!
SBiUeCa.jpg

Is that the cyc motor with nucular?

devo1223 said:
Is that the cyc motor with nucular?

Yes it is a 12FET Nuke.
Vasily stood by me all the way and helped me get it going like a champ.
Here are some pics with the intended battery, 20S10P from EM3EV.
A little big and bulky but who cares about proportions when i got a crotch rocket.
With a little luck i will have a 3D printed enclosure for it from a forum member.
aEeEFaP.jpg

831f2DV.jpg

yes it does =)

coming from a big offroad tour. still impressive. controller doesnt heat up more then 50°c @ full throttle :D
i think my gearing is too short to heat up this freakin awesome controller :D

I'm really happy with this controller. Really good stuff.
I was a bit overwhelmed by all the settings at first, but taking my time and reading the wiki I managed to get it working without burning anything (yet). This is my first ebike/controller.
I still have a lot to understand before I can use this device at its full potential, but so far I am having a lot of fun with it.

Merlin said:
you can setup all 4 Buttons as you like. you can setup one button as a toggle between S1-S2-S3
or simple put S1 on Button, S2 on Button 2, s3 on Button 3

Not that it bothers me a lot but my 6F defaults to S1 (S2 stated in wiki) and I can't assign S1 to any button (it just does not appear in the possibilities when I setup the buttons). Am I the only one ?

Back