GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

Maybe the stated kV is not correct then, or he was just at the top of his charge.

Andrewol said:
150kV 7 pole pairs. Are you looking for a suitable controller?
Thank you Andre!

I am waiting on the X1 the 58V version to arrive soon since Vasili beat CYC to the punch with the 12FET Nuke, with the hope that the CYC 72V controller will arrive when available and also have in the mail a 20S battery from EM3EV.

OBekRmZ.jpg

I will try the original 14S controller that comes with the kit first while i am getting familliar with Vasili's brain child.

Got this in today's mail:
XPdgWoq.jpg

Andrewol said:
Let us know how Nucular controller works with x1

Will do.
If i ever manage to configure the controller that is.

Supposedly the UPS truck should deliver the X1 today but the battery is still going to be travelling some time till it makes it to my neck of the woods.

Anybody out there knows if the green/orange and yellow wires are the halls, white temp sensor and red/black +/- ?
1r0WiW7.jpg

Andrewol said:
Let us know how Nucular controller works with x1
`

No luck so far.
Firstly i am unable to input the motor parameter Kv.
I was able to set the pole pairs but that was all.
Also i am not sure if the temp sensor is the NTS10K, that has to be specified also.
Autotune requires to set brakes cut off(which i don't use) throttle (the input prompt is "Press" for both brakes and throttle).
When i get to the motor parameter is says 'Accelerate" which i am not sure if it means to fully twist the throttle or leave it alone.
I tried both, did nothing and tried again to twist the throttle wide open and hold it there.
Both times nothing happened and i ended up with an error.
I am in touch with Vasily, he is trying to help me so maybe i will succed in the end.
UduYUCF.jpg

cWtRJs2.jpg

fSi5s9E.jpg

v4e1AWP.jpg

So how does this compare to the larger Cyclone 3000W? It looks to be a very well made motor in a very attractive package, but does it hold up to psychos like me that are never satisfied with stock speeds and power? Im tempted to buy one just to see how long it survives at 5Kw.

SwampDonkey said:
So how does this compare to the larger Cyclone 3000W? It looks to be a very well made motor in a very attractive package, but does it hold up to psychos like me that are never satisfied with stock speeds and power? Im tempted to buy one just to see how long it survives at 5Kw.

Tony Vo on the Facebook group was running 8-9kw peak through his... It seems to be overbuilt for 3500w.

Tony Vo on the Facebook group was running 8-9kw peak through his... It seems to be overbuilt for 3500w.
Since both controller and motor temperature is monitored it will take a really big burst to kill it off I suppose, electrically at least.. 4-5kw is my sweetspot, but more is always fun! Just ordered one btw

n2mb said:
SwampDonkey said:

Overbuilt for 3500W? Id like to see how the motor compares to a 3220 or cyclone. Time will tell I suppose.

SwampDonkey said:
n2mb said:
SwampDonkey said:

Overbuilt for 3500W? Id like to see how the motor compares to a 3220 or cyclone. Time will tell I suppose.

Luna did a livestream on it. The motor core is smaller than the bbshd, it spins faster though and the coils and the hall are fully potted so heat shedding is better, but servicability is low.
The motor is 3.7 kg as stated on website but with controller it is the same ~4.5 as the bbshd.
The cyclone 3k is from what I know a larger diameter core but not as wide(similar to bafang ultra) with the 4k cyclone being ever wider.

Tommm said:
SwampDonkey said:
n2mb said:
SwampDonkey said:

Luna did a livestream on it. The motor core is smaller than the bbshd, it spins faster though and the coils and the hall are fully potted so heat shedding is better, but servicability is low.
The motor is 3.7 kg as stated on website but with controller it is the same ~4.5 as the bbshd.

I see. Im new at this. but familiar with industrial brushless servos. These just seem rather small to me to be putting out 3500+ watts. 9Kw seems like it would be almost certain death very quickly. Some welthier-than-me forum member should do an uphill torture test of one of these things. Im nervous putting 6Kw through my cyclone 4000W, and that thing is massive by mid drive standards.

Tommm said:

A bit of a bummer, I was hoping it was 3.7 kg with the controller. But, still. 10 lbs all in and 3500 watts stock is impressive! I'm trying to find some time to install mine. I am going to build up a full suspension bike with the X1 and a Luna Wolf battery. All in, should be just at 50 lbs.

SwampDonkey said:
I see. Im new at this. but familiar with industrial brushless servos. These just seem rather small to me to be putting out 3500+ watts. 9Kw seems like it would be almost certain death very quickly. Some welthier-than-me forum member should do an uphill torture test of one of these things. Im nervous putting 6Kw through my cyclone 4000W, and that thing is massive by mid drive standards.

I would go as far to say if you are not running over 70a (5kw at 72v) on the cyclone 4k you should have gotten the 3k instead. Paco said it is good for 80a cont temp limited and 120a 10second burst. Some guy here runs it at 120-150a. 120 was not an issue, at 150 it heats like a madman but it is delivering more power. You need a temp sensor on the windings, then, you can throw at it whatever you have.

Been a while since I've been here. But, I got a cyc kit the other week. Has anyone that has their kit and the cyc controller had luck with the non beta app? I've been able to uae the beta app, but can't get the stock app to connect. I'm using a samsung galaxy 9 and i tried an sg6 as well. I am enjoying the kit though. It is very solid and well built.

flyinmonkie said:
Been a while since I've been here. But, I got a cyc kit the other week. Has anyone that has their kit and the cyc controller had luck with the non beta app? I've been able to uae the beta app, but can't get the stock app to connect. I'm using a samsung galaxy 9 and i tried an sg6 as well. I am enjoying the kit though. It is very solid and well built.

Hey man, I'm running android (Samsung s8) as well. The android version of the app they released has some coding errors. Cant create an account. Learned this after wasting several days of my life. Seems they are only focused on IOS app users atm.

Also using the beta version as a "temporary" fix. Kit works well, trying to get some commute videos up this weekend.

Lenk, I got an account fine, but the app doesn't see the controller. My phone sees it, but it won't pair. I hope they update it soon to fix it. The beta app works, but is very basic and not user friendly. Also, I'd like to get my speedo in mph since I'm in the states now. I'd also like to see some of the other info the app gives that the beta doesn't.

I am enjoying it though. Pulls the front wheel up in low gear without trying and seeeing about 55kph in the top end with a surly instigator 2.0. Steel frame mt bike for those not familiar.

you can change the kmh to mph on the beta version:

settings - > Set Parameters -> Display Unit -> set value to "1"

There goes the neighborhood...

I laughed when Eric was confused about the price,
early in the video he was hinting that it was not worth $ 600 , then one of his crew clicked on the GNG website and showed it is $ 800 which got Eric even more disappointed in it.

Eric , it was $ 600, $ 638 give or take a couple of U.S. dollars, but when I went to the GNG website two days ago it now is listed as $ 800 . They Raised the price ahead of this weekend meeting between the U.S. and China . Not a smart thing to do on GNG's part .

Looks like we will be seeing more U.S. Designed RC motor e-bike DIY kits in the future . ( Which is a Good Thing ! )

Back