Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Joachim said:
Allex said:
I have never had problems with lifting up the wheel with 52T at low speed. Especially easy off road!
The stock 48T is not fun at all, I admit.

New X controller, "V2" is sick! 90DC Amps and 450Phase. The difference is really there.
And when I drop in the 13p 30Q battery the bike is really wild compared to the stock pack due to low voltage sag.

Been doing 10 cycles with the belt now. The thing is so awesome! But still consider it as experiment.
Btw the stock o-ring chain is so fricking stiff. You can hardly bend it so you probably lose 50W alone because of those o-rings compared to the old chain.

1hs56zs.jpeg

wfbp2w.jpeg

17if6fg.jpeg

Every one who tries it out just says - take my money! So I do the swap on the new bikes before the pickup.
qdxmdm.jpeg
The belt you have on the bike is total different from what i have...Why is this? you have some red layer in the tooth?

It is a different brand( we test every option out there to see how they work), btw I had the same issue with squealing, but it now seems to be gone when I rode it in high grass and bushes, the belt ate a lot of green(you can see it in the first/second picture) and after this the belt was super clean. It may be so that the black layer on the sprocket eventually worn out and stayed in a pulverised form on the belt and this is why it made the sound. Only a theory so I will continue to drive and see how it goes.

Oh and you really should change your controller, you still have the square wave one looking at the videos!

fechter said:
Offroader said:
I need something like that to see behind me mainly for the police. I once must have had police tailing me for a long time and didn't realize it until they pulled up ride beside me.

I had the same issue. I have mirrors already and they have a pretty decent view, but you have to look at them once in a while.

Img_1147B.jpg

While those things may offer good rear views, they are a little bit too much I think. If what merlin has gives good rear view then I would prefer something a little more conspicuous. Do you agree?

I agree. If I could find something that worked better, I would probably use it. Bar end mirrors are out for me and would suck off road too. The problem is mounting them in a location where you can actually see behind you.

Merlin I believe used those bar end mirrors in his video. Why are bar end mirrors not workable for you?

Mirror options,
I ride a lot of dual sport dirt bikes and I hate the high perch mirror. Im always breaking them off on trees and such.
Here and a few options I’ve found.
• Not sure if you guys want to put hand guards on your Sur-Ron but…

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/control-brakes/handguards/powermadd-handguard-mirrors/p/18723?b=4273597&CRTP=psc&msclkid=cb2a082dc385140d69445526a815b0a7&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20-%20Aftermarket%20-%20Brands&utm_term=4581183916942257&utm_content=vortex

Glove mirror
• https://www.amazon.com/Inf-way-Rearview-Cycling-Bicycle-Reflective/dp/B07GT3MSR3/ref=asc_df_B07GT3MSR3/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589103272868&psc=1
• Cheap fold away
https://www.motosport.com/product/?cc=us&creative=77103311788143&device=c>_Handlebars_and_Controls_=>_Mirrors=&key=Husqvarna-Technical-Accessories-Racing-Mirror&mrkgadid=3304652184&mrkgcl=500&msclkid=b99df6f78b291bee05d0abfce7ad386a&product_id=HPP0033-X001-Y001&psreferrer=https://www.bing.com/&pssource=true&rkg_id=0&segment=badger&utm_campaign=Shopping%20-%20Dirt%20Bike%20Parts%20-%20B&utm_content=Dirt%20Bike%20Parts%20&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Bing_PLA&utm_term=4580702883368503

Or you could just buy a mirror perch for a dual sport and mount whatever kind of mirror you like.
I like to get bar end mirror but mount them to the cross bar.
Just get the creative juices flowing.

Has anyone rigged up an on/off switch for the lights?
Is the rear and the front light on the same circuit?

Merlin said:
my gf still has the ali mirror on with wide aspheric glass...

Yeah i have noticed this small mirror in your vids alreaqdy and i find that it looks much better as those large moped-style versions with theire long stanchions.
Is the view to the rear good?
Would you mind to share a link to the shop?

Thats the bar end mirror relocated to the inner handle bars. You just don't use the guts that come with the kit.
They work great. You look down under your arm instead of over it.

crazy_dave said:

on off for the front is easy. on your headlamp are a 4 pin connector....3 of them are positiv (black) one is green (i think) thats negativ.
just put a simle on of between the black wire and headlamps are of (they are 3 because you have 3 -lights- in one.)

if you wanna do more, you could put a switch between the DC/DC and shut of all lights.
(good for offroad...it sucks in a dark wood when someone riding in front of you blinding you all time with his brakelights)

madin88 said:
Merlin said:
my gf still has the ali mirror on with wide aspheric glass...

Yeah i have noticed this small mirror in your vids alreaqdy and i find that it looks much better as those large moped-style versions with theire long stanchions.
Is the view to the rear good?
Would you mind to share a link to the shop?

i tried 2 different now.
Ali/ebay stuff:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/2-x-Ruckspiegel-Universal-Motorrad-Schwarz-Rund-Spiegel-Lenkerendenspiegel-Paar-/183186035642?hash=item2aa6bd13ba&fbclid=IwAR1cHr2rHSSau8lkov4y0DLyrbNhg7tGzzj77JGTgI-2VgmvciIoPy8KEtA

and
Busch+Müller Cycle Star Typ 901 Rückspiegel 60 mm Durchmesser

https://www.bikes2race.de/Fahrradzubehoer/Spiegel/Busch-Mueller-Rueckspiegel-Cycle-Star-Typ-901.htm?SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=920&VariantenNr=781&p=24&gclid=CjwKCAjw3azoBRAXEiwA-_64OggWmPFdOVlqn503Aia7S62LQUoMoDw9xGxjd9ksas69aNbPxGcDVhoCOMUQAvD_BwE

in pic1 with the wide aspheric mirror you see even someone riding next to you. but in the far distance it is everything a bit small.
works, but i like it more like pic 2
you see everything clearly behind you and not even my body. just the end of the rear fender a bit. this type works best if you have a wide handlebar.
of course if you have a 650mm handlebar you probably see a bit of you body.
pretty cool is that you can adjust the mirror even with zipties fixed.

but anyway. as i said. way better then huge tree catching vibrating mirros :D

Attachments

• lmx_mirror1.jpg
    lmx_mirror1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,747
Merlin said:
crazy_dave said:

on off for the front is easy. on your headlamp are a 4 pin connector....3 of them are positiv (black) one is green (i think) thats negativ.
just put a simle on of between the black wire and headlamps are of (they are 3 because you have 3 -lights- in one.)

if you wanna do more, you could put a switch between the DC/DC and shut of all lights.
(good for offroad...it sucks in a dark wood when someone riding in front of you blinding you all time with his brakelights)

Hey , thank you very much! Could you please elaborate on the DC/DC switch? Maybe a pic if possible.
Id like the ability to turn off all the lights.

yes i clean the belt and looks like the real squealing is gone .

First i have to finish my battery and then i can change the controllerm for a better one.

Merlin said:
crazy_dave said:
Hey , thank you very much! Could you please elaborate on the DC/DC switch? Maybe a pic if possible.
Id like the ability to turn off all the lights.

no Problem. Just send me your Bike. I do it for you. Shipping back is free :mrgreen: :p :wink:

Im sure it would be :D .
you guys across the pond already have a bunch of cool toys to play with. I would love the ability to plate my trials bike.

If you turned off the dc-dc, you would lose the horn, the USB charger, the dump switch and the kick stand safety switch.

I'm sure the headlight and tail light both come off the dc-dc, but all the wiring is bundled up in the harness, so hard to trace. Just getting to the dc-dc is hard. It's buried under the controller.

Merlin said:
offroader, on stock gearing i said that too. still stock (no X) but front lifts easy with 58T.
Sure, lack of Midrange Power and only 58kph Top Speed but Offroad its ok.

if that throttle on the stock controller wouldnt suck on smoothness i could wheelie it also.

I run the 58 tooth, ride mostly off-road, it does 50km/h, feels enough in the forest. Wheelies is ok to do from 20-25 while sitting. While riding off-road I usually stand and then you can lift the front at higher speeds. It ain't no power wheelies since you need to help by pulling the handlebars. Stock controller.

Back