Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

icherouveim said:
Hello there,

Yes the threat is the following if you want to see more info:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88373

This battery pack has worked very well for more than two years (it's not dead yet but it sags a lot).
The reason I want to try 21700 40T cells is the extra power and here is why.
At the boost mode my controller draws 115amps and the cells stress a lot, actually they were working almost at their maximum rating for all this time.
So If I manage to install a 20S 7P pack made by 40T cells then each cell will have to deliver only 16.5A which is perfect because this cell can deliver up to 25A continuous and 35A for short bursts.
I believe this pack is going to last much more.
When I decide to change battery I will let you know!
Thanks!
This is exactly what I was after. Now it looks like I'm probably going to be going back to 18650's and copying your pack design. :lol: :roll:

In terms of the 20700's designs, here's what I came up with so far:
Beta Designs.jpg

The top left pack will fit easiest, but two of those may be a challenge to fit length wise. So I think the best option would be a combination of the top left pack with the bottom left design. This would obviously be contingent on the bottom left design fitting height wise. Otherwise the bottom right option would have to do.

What do you all think?

Cheers

New guy here, got a question about this frame. What kind of performance could one expect with a 1500 watt BBSHD mid drive in this bike (Futr Beta). Thinking of using this frame for a full suspension urban cruiser with a top speed around 35 to 40 mph. Not interested in going any faster than that. More interested in a bike with decent power and excellent range.

JV1967 said:
New guy here, got a question about this frame. What kind of performance could one expect with a 1500 watt BBSHD mid drive in this bike (Futr Beta). Thinking of using this frame for a full suspension urban cruiser with a top speed around 35 to 40 mph. Not interested in going any faster than that. More interested in a bike with decent power and excellent range.

would be cool to see more beta mid drives.. check out FUTR Beta with Lightning Rods Mid Drive .. :
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89282

(LR is more heavy duty than bafang since it separates the motor from crank bb)

JV1967 said:

Have a look at the below
https://www.aft-ebike.com
Have some nice kits but there pretty silent and have some good custom made things that go with kit.

40mph is pretty quick and i dont know if the BBSHD will push that much, Will need to look at the above or LR

How many volts and amps you planing on running and depends on rim size etc

I am about to put a Edge 1500W motor with FF and hubsinks on a Beta frame. Previously, I was running a LR kit, but I will use the LR kit on a future build, possibly with a left hand belt drive.

With the edge motor, I now need to think about the cassette. I tried a 7 speed freewheel, but it projected past the axle shoulder, and I didn't feel like trying to widen the swingarm. While I will be pedaling along (one of the main reasons for changing from the LR kit), I really don't need multiple gears.

So, I bought a Sunrace 5 speed fw https://www.evanscycles.com/sunrace-index-5-speed-freewheel-00102414, which fits perfectly. I plan on using Rix's / Kepler's idea of a 54T/ 38T chainring, with no front derailleur. I am planning on using a Sunrace long cage 5 speed derailleur http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/rdm15, assuming I can find one.

So, a couple of questions, assuming that I am using the 5 speed:
1. Is anything fundamentally incorrect with the above?
2. Is there an easier rear derailleur system, e.g. using a Shimano 7 speed trigger shift with adjusted stops, or a modern 6 speed system?

thanks!

PRW said:
So, a couple of questions, assuming that I am using the 5 speed:
1. Is anything fundamentally incorrect with the above?
2. Is there an easier rear derailleur system, e.g. using a Shimano 7 speed trigger shift with adjusted stops, or a modern 6 speed system?

thanks!

A 5 speed is a good choice, as it goes straight on you've seen, plus it gives you a few options regarding chainline optimisation.
With the 1500w (or more power delivery) hub, you are unlikely to need many granny gears apart from the steepest offroad type stuff.

On my lower power setups ive just been using basic sunrace dereaileurs, which are pretty much rubbish but get the job done. I use the sunrace 7 speed twist shifter on the left hand side and throttle only on the right.

On my finished new 1500w beta (new up for sale). I have just installed a tensioner and no gears. I have a 48t chainring up front, and when the chain is loaded up on the 14t rear its nice pedal cadence up to about 50kmh. and perfect cadence around 35-40 - ie ideal flowy track stuff and bee-line commuting. I love this setup because the whole chainline is now under tension, no drops, no chatter so it feels real nice.

For a legit geared setup i'd like to investigate the use of those 7speed clutch deraileurs, but havent dropped 200-400 yet on a setup just for that. harder to find in a 7speed setp too.

Thought you guys might be interested in my ebike rack for carting two heavy ebikes around behind your car / 4x4.

I started with a quality motorbke carrier from ebay (in australia). Its an MC400A model. (~$175)

Then I added a C section channel of aluminium ($50)for the second bike where the ramp tray usually sits. The tray is about 3" or 75mm wide from memory, perfect for wide mtb tyres like I have for my Beta frame bike. Alpha can sit in the main one no sweat of course.

To add strength for the second bike, I added a length of square up the main centre tube. My old man welded a L shaped spacing piece on the end to pad it up a bit (approx 5mm) to support the underside of the aluminium channel. This will take the load nicely, as the tie down arm pieces were not the thickest of metals - and were probably sub-par quality to take a 30kg load.

I'm now confident this can handle 2 bikes no problem. The rack is rated for 180KG, so 2 ebikes are 60-80kg, so well under weight.

Pics are beset to see it.
I'll take a pic soon with the bikes loaded on etc.
Its still not finished, so yes I need to drill down and bolt the tray to it, and make up little tyre stop pieces etc. Might do a video review when its all done.

ebike-rack.jpg

ebike-rack1.jpg

So for under $250 AUD you get a light weight 2x ebike carrier.

I might add a trailer light bar of lights and a number plate to keep the cops off my ass too soon.

Nicely done Lee, that set up is more than durable enough for a 2 ebikes. Post a pic when you got two bikes loaded up and ready to haul. I want to see it before I mod my hitch rack to do the same.

Nice setup Lash. I have the same carrier, but for double motorbikes. https://www.discountramps.com/double-motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-600-2/

the only issue is that the main beam is so heavy, I never use it, as it is just too much of a pain to get out of a store and carry downstairs. If I don't sell it, and just get a trailer, I will cut the beam so that the two channels are right next to each other, similar to what you have done.

I saw a homemade carrier that looked very good - the guy had made it up using gutters.

carrier1.jpg
carrier2.jpg
carrier 3.jpg

@PRW, I like how close it is to the back of the vehicle. I shortened my beam a little on the AMC400, but its still not that close.

Hi guys

Got a quick question, id love to purchase a stealth bomber, but unfortunately my funds are not enough.

I like it for wheelies and the speed of 80km/h but mainly the wheelies.

So im checking out an ad on ebay for an ebike with the following specs

12000 watt motor
72v 48ah panasonic battery
150 amp sabvoton controller

Now my question is, for wheelies, an ebike should have sufficient torque, id say this particular motor is probably more for speed. You guys reckon it should be able to pop wheelies like the stealth bomber?

I asked the guy what was the torque and he replied 230 Nm. Not sure what the stealth bomber torque is.

Sorry, im a complete noob. Hope someone can help.

Hey guy's,

Been trying not to spam this thread too much about my Beta battery build, so updates have been over on icherouveim's thread mainly:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88373&start=25

The battery is now complete and in the bike. I made a series of video's about the build if anyone on this thread is interested:
Part 1 - https://youtu.be/R8NgGlP6k38
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/fz2la8bccC8
Part 3 - https://youtu.be/nFvwTCR3v3A
Part 4 - Final build and installation:
[youtube]-2sdU1pQkyM[/youtube]
Enjoy!

Cheers

My beta

31.5AH Battery built by Blake from Ebike Garage.

Blake also tuned the cycle analyst, added ferro fluid, trued up the wheels and gave the bike a service. Really transformed the bike and I can't recommend him highly enough for those located in Australia.

Attachments

• 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 3,059
  • 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 3,059
adamebikerr said:
My beta

Blake also tuned the cycle analyst, added ferro fluid, trued up the wheels and gave the bike a service. Really transformed the bike and I can't recommend him highly enough for those located in Australia.

It looks great, very nice job!! but why you say you can't recommend him while the job was successful??

adamebikerr said:
My beta

Thanks mate! Much appreciated. :)

icherouveim said:
It looks great, very nice job!! but why you say you can't recommend him while the job was successful??
LOL :lol: It's a term of phrase using double negatives, actually means to strongly recommend.

If anyone else does want a custom battery or work done like this I am keen, but be prepared to wait for me to finish doing it right. In the case of the bike above it was about a month of back and forth before we figured out what we wanted to do, then about 2 months of work for me to build the pack, and do all the other bits and pieces.

Cheers

icherouveim said:
adamebikerr said:
My beta

Hi

I do mean that the service was above and beyond.

I must also pass on my thanks to you icherouveim and give you the credit for the battery design. Such big range for a slim beta frame!

Very nice build Adam, with CD's battery build, that machine has tons of battery capacity and range anxiety is practically non existent. Are their any other Beta builds with that much battery in them? icherouveim got be the only other Beta with a similar battery.

@CD, great work brother, :bigthumb: :thumb: :bolt:

Rix said:
@CD, great work brother, :bigthumb: :thumb: :bolt:

Thanks!
I just realised also....I've now made batteries for the highest capacity/longest range Alpha, Beta and Fighter. :mrgreen:

Now I just need someone who wants a mega range Bomber, Hurricane, and P7 and I've covered the full Stealth range. :)

Cheers

damancalldan said:
did someone say mega range bomber?!?!? how long?
I would have to look at the dimensions to get it exact, but I reckon I could fit about the same as I did for the Chrome Alpha I built. That was 3.25Kwh.
At economical speeds and terrain that would get you about 200km. At full throttle you would still be able to get around 80-100km.

If your interested PM me.

Cheers

This is loosely related to the Futr frames so I'll through it up here. Here is the battery balancing solution I've used on both the Chrome Alpha I sold and the Beta battery just recently made if anyone here is interested:

[youtube]uS_JNBNQhHQ[/youtube]

And for now at least, that's me out of the Futr game...now onto my LMX 64 :D

Cheers

Back