PV NextGen FOC 100-180v 36kw max - $799

ElectricGod said:
I should be able to get this scooter going to an impressive 100-110mph!

As long as you don't break your head, I'm all in on your project.

110mph? Chinese scooter brakes, calipers, shocks, tires, bearings, & forks aren't up to such a spec. You're talking Taiwan custom-made parts to replace all those bits and pieces. Otherwise, we may very well be picking up bits and pieces of electricgod off the road from one of his speed runs!!! :p

M

hello pv can you send me the module that i order 2 month ago i'm still waiting not reply o my email yet.

Powervelocity.com said:
Controllers and BT modules are bench tested before shipping. It makes sense to do that because it's costly to deal even with simple problems once a controller left the warehouse. That's as simple as that. This is not to say that this rules out any possible problems down the road but it reduces them. We attempt to resolve any issues in good faith though.

Every situation is different. Even things like climate can be factor as we figured out. In California, for example, we don't really need to seal controllers (I purposefully not do that on 24Fs) and I can still occasionally water hose my bike or ride in heavy rain without consequence. Can be a different situation in extreme climates. But if a controller requires that level of weather proofing, a tube of silicon and 5 minute of your time will do the magic.

Admits that he doesn't waterproof the controllers he sold me as waterproof. He literally doesn't care cuz I used to live in CA. Guess what? People live in other places... wooooo

coolbobjoe said:
Powervelocity.com said:
Controllers and BT modules are bench tested before shipping. It makes sense to do that because it's costly to deal even with simple problems once a controller left the warehouse. That's as simple as that. This is not to say that this rules out any possible problems down the road but it reduces them. We attempt to resolve any issues in good faith though.

Every situation is different. Even things like climate can be factor as we figured out. In California, for example, we don't really need to seal controllers (I purposefully not do that on 24Fs) and I can still occasionally water hose my bike or ride in heavy rain without consequence. Can be a different situation in extreme climates. But if a controller requires that level of weather proofing, a tube of silicon and 5 minute of your time will do the magic.

Admits that he doesn't waterproof the controllers he sold me as waterproof. He literally doesn't care cuz I used to live in CA. Guess what? People live in other places... wooooo

Can you post the email or PM that said these controllers are waterproof? I doubt you can since I don't know of a case EVER where this has been claimed.

Maybe, if you asked for a sealed up controller, then you'd have have a case where a single specific controller was sealed up. Otherwise this isn't a typical thing done to most any controller from most any source. What's more, open it up and you've defeated the seals if it was in fact waterproof.

ElectricGod said:
coolbobjoe said:
Powervelocity.com said:

Can you post the email or PM that said these controllers are waterproof? I doubt you can since I don't know of a case EVER where this has been claimed.

Maybe, if you asked for a sealed up controller, then you'd have have a case where a single specific controller was sealed up. Otherwise this isn't a typical thing done to most any controller from most any source. What's more, open it up and you've defeated the seals if it was in fact waterproof.

It's kind of expected to put a gasket at each end of a $500 controller when even Chinese kids can remember to put the little rubbers in $20 Chinese controllers. One gasket on just the wire side, which faces down anyways, is absolutely ridiculous! That's what I call either forgetful or not putting enough thought in. He either forgot one of them or forgot that it should have two. Either way WRONG. look at every other controller out there even near this level of cost. Usually have IP ratings even! And this guy literally has left half the gaskets out. Not like theres very many, it shouldnt be very hard to remember TWO

No controllers have ever been advertised as being water proof. Water resistant, yes. All 6, 12 and 18Fet controllers have gaskets. 24F controllers don't need them due to the construction of the side covers. That doesn't prevent you from taking off side covers and sealing them with silicon if that's desired.

The NextGen controller uses 18F enclosure and has gaskets. Let's leave it at that.

Finally, this thread is about a completely different product.
If you want to comment on a specific product, I am sure forum users, admins, and myself would appreciate if you use the correct thread.

Powervelocity.com said:
No controllers have ever been advertised as being water proof. Water resistant, yes. All 6, 12 and 18Fet controllers have gaskets. 24F controllers don't need them due to the construction of the side covers.

They most certainly do need them there is no difference in how they mount at all vs smaller controller cases. And if they dont need them why did you put one in one of two sides? Why even waste the gasket? Can anyone confirm that this is "standard practice" or are you just trying to cover the mess up again?

ElectricGod said:
coolbobjoe said:
Powervelocity.com said:

I love how you keep posting and wont respond to any of my requests to get my items back from you. You've had them for over a year!

coolbobjoe said:
They most certainly do need them there is no difference in how they mount at all vs smaller controller cases. And if they dont need them why did you put one in one of two sides? Why even waste the gasket? Can anyone confirm that this is "standard practice" or are you just trying to cover the mess up again?

Geez, just go buy a tube of silicone glue and stop whining. You can even make gaskets out of old inner tubes.

Buy a controller to be used outdoors for 450usd. It's not fit to be outdoors.
Go straight to hardware store and buy 5usd tube of silicone. Slap it on. Wait. Be happy.

Nah, doesn't seem right. Even if i understand the IKEA thinking being swedish. For that kind of money i expect a finished product. I wouldn't want to fix my new car instantly either. 450 is a premium price, not exactly with the same spec expectations as a chinesium 100usd controller :D

larsb said:
Buy a controller to be used outdoors for 450usd. It's not fit to be outdoors.
Go straight to hardware store and buy 5usd tube of silicone. Slap it on. Wait. Be happy.

Nah, doesn't seem right. Even if i understand the IKEA thinking being swedish. For that kind of money i expect a finished product. I wouldn't want to fix my new car instantly either. 450 is a premium price, not exactly with the same spec expectations as a chinesium 100usd controller :D

Exactly. Stop skimping on the extreme basics like seriously. I only trust the gaskets after I silicone them but it's nice to have a firm object to tell when the end caps are being properly torqued down against a double silicone seal on either side of the sturdier gasket. This is the way that you can make your enclosures sealed AND serviceable.

Powervelocity.com said:
Disclosure:
PV has no budget for advertisement or plan to have one in the near future.
Any statements made herein are opinions of their respective authors.

Exactly...

What you see is shameless excitement on my part.

If the selling price and specs (like 22kW max) are known, i think the developer should be able to share some photos of the PCB, infos about dimensions etc.

madin88 said:
If the selling price and specs (like 22kW max) are known, i think the developer should be able to share some photos of the PCB, infos about dimensions etc.

The controller is currently in its second iteration. There's jumpers and add-ons for things that needed changes. It's not surprising there are no photos yet.

Vadym will hold the design close to his chest until he's ready to sell them.

Now that I have a working prototype, I can show what it looks inside.

Hardware main features:

1. Extra compact design. This is a 24F controller made to fit a standard Infienon 18F enclosure.
2. Power components rated up to 150v.
3. Split control and power board design with power stage built on aluminum substrate PCB. This ensures very good (if not the best) heat dissipating interface to a heatsink.
4. "Legless" mosfet package used which means better control over parasitic inductance and no hard terminal limitations like 70A in To-220, for example.
5. The control logic is fully isolated from the power stage which allows running higher voltages and currents reliably (extra cost is the downside but it's worth it).

What's implemented/tested:
1. All major VESC firmware features work.
2. A few motors were tested to pass detection in FOC mode.
3. Tested under load with battery currents up 100A and voltages up to 106v. All works well including variable regen.
4. Bluetooth dashboard/telemetry integration with PV app for Android and iOS (speed, voltage, current, distance, temperatures, etc.)

To do in the near future:
Add one button motor detection/setup to the PV app; add settings for batt, phase current, voltage, etc. to support different battery configurations.

2019-10-14_19-38-40.jpg

Back