The 2 types of type 2 diabetes explained and how to reverse - page 3 and scientific studies prove it!

Vitamin pills, meds due to poor diet, and extra protein :lol: (previous discussion on urine smell, page 1)
If yours has an ammonia smell, that is the smell extra protein causes as it is excreted. Say you eat pasta w/meatballs. If you try just pasta w/sauce, you may notice the smell is about gone. Pasta is still 13% protein even without meat, and the World Health Org says only 5% is needed. Breast milk is only 5 or 6%, and you know how fast babies grow.
Very Excellent salesmanship by the dairy/cattle farmers convincing most everyone they need protein from cows, while the cows get protein from corn and grass. I have not had any beef or dairy in the past year, but i do love the corn, now on sale 4/$1. 8)
And i confess, i still get that ammonia smell when i eat 1 cup of beans, that is how easy it is to get too much protein. :roll:

marty said:
pee smells like ammonia
Urine may smell like ammonia when it becomes concentrated with waste products. A variety of conditions can cause waste products to build up in urine, such as bladder stones, dehydration, and urinary tract infections.
Drink more water.
The idea is to avoid kidney/liver failure. 252,000 die every year due to hospital errors. Often it is caused by drugs that overload the K/L. Often the wrong dose, or interactions. So if a person has weak K/L they die.
Myself, i take NO meds, and only B-12 once a week. And no meat except 2oz of sardines on sunday. So my urine is cheap :lol: and i quit the kidney beans - 51% protein is crazy high. :shock:

Matt Gruber said:
Very Excellent salesmanship by the dairy/cattle farmers convincing most everyone they need protein from cows, while the cows get protein from corn and grass.
Agreed. However, humans, with their much simpler digestive systems, cannot do the same.

This is a common misconception. Actually Bavarian urine is the most expensive since they have a thriving market for the stuff.

billvon said:
Matt Gruber said:
Very Excellent salesmanship by the dairy/cattle farmers convincing most everyone they need protein from cows, while the cows get protein from corn and grass.
Agreed. However, humans, with their much simpler digestive systems, cannot do the same.
agree on grass, humans can't digest grass,
but corn, potatoes, rice, flour products, beans, and the entire produce department supply an excess of protein. It is hard to find a fresh food without any protein, and near impossible for a nutritionist to design such a diet lacking in protein. For instance broccoli has 33-40% of calories from protein. You don't want to eat too much broccoli, as it can kill the kidneys just like meat. Luckily broccoli does not taste that good, so nobody tries to live off of JUST broccoli :lol: (unlike the carnivore diet where people eat just meat for months or years, and then die at a young age. :(
Here is a great video for anyone that wants to know how much protein they really need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4t6BUHZH8

flat tire said:
This is a common misconception. Actually Bavarian urine is the most expensive since they have a thriving market for the stuff.
With some drugs costing $20,000/yr or more, it is hard to imagine they are wealthy enough to afford more than that. There are $1,000,000 drugs now, and as with any drug, most of it goes out in the urine.

Punx0r said:
I regularly pay over 3 quid a pint for kangeroo piss 🍻

I don't know if this is related to the material value of the piss itself, so much as the inherent danger involved in collecting piss from a kangaroo.

So what do you have to eat to make your urine less acidic? They do indeed need to mandate that in Germany. You got this thread up just in time to keep this out of news of the weird.

https://curiosity.com/topics/the-worlds-tallest-church-is-being-eroded-by-pee-curiosity/

Just thought I'd chime in to say seriously do listen to the comment above and drink more water if your pee smells much at all. Eating some beans shouldn't affect it at all. It should be coming out clear or close to it. If there's much yellow, you're dehydrated. If it's getting to the dark end of yellow at all, you're Really dehydrated. You should be having to pee several times a day just like every other animal.

And as for the protein, sure, lots of plants contain proteins. As far as my knowledge goes, almost all of it is incomplete protein. So unless you know which protein parts are in each plant and make sure to eat the right groups(rice and beans compliment each other and your body can use them to build complete proteins, for example) then it won't do you much good. Eat all of the beans you want. If you eat nothing else, your body isn't absorbing that incomplete protein and using it to build the things it needs.

Oh, and broccoli is one of the best vegetables! :p

Lots of great comments!
The "incomplete protein" is amazing marketing by the cattle industry. Why would anyone kill and eat an animal if there was no solid reason. I too believed this advertising until last year! :oops: Now there are adults who never ate meat, raised by vegan parents. Where are all the "protein deficient"? As long as you eat enough calories you get all the essential proteins from plants. Plants are where cows get their protein. Even vegan body builders that set world records get plenty of protein without meat.
As for drinking lots water to correct excessive protein, that is a silly patch :roll: Here is how i solved the kidney overload problem. The problem is not the smell, the problem is the food. Your body is telling you by the smell, that you need to eat better.
My breakfast and lunch are fine, just my bean dish had too much protein. First i cut out the kidney beans and added a little rice. Kept the lintels and black beans. Still too much protein :roll:
So, yesterday since i was a little hungry at 3:45pm, i split the dish in half, and added a small bowl of pasta to cut the protein. Then at 5:15 i ate the other half with a banana. This is all it took, and now if i keep doing the solution, my kidneys are much less likely to fail later in life. 8)
Dauntless,
Vegetables and fruits, oatmeal, bread, pasta, are usually fine. There are 100's of foods that have normal protein. it is mostly meats, dairy, and eggs that have too much fat and protein, and cause serious health problems, like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, and 100's of other diseases. If you are lost in the woods starving, go ahead and catch an animal, and eat it, it can save your life.
But eat animals often and many end up with an early, painful, death.

Ruminants turn grass ( we can't digest it, since we don't have four stomach chambers ), and a huge portion of the non-digestible food byproducts ( like corn cobs, candy slag, stalks, all kinds of shit! ) into meat, which we can eat, and as a bonus, that meat includes all sorts of vitamins that are absent in plant foods - or are in plant foods, but have horrible bio availability.

And their native diet is grass, which is literally the most efficient co2 and solar energy to calorie plant. Only through subsidies could a cow sit there in a stall and eat corn and wheat.. because otherwise it does not make sense to factory farm a cow, whatsoever. Just let the ruminant run wild on a patch of grass..

In addition, these ruminants shit a lot, and move nutrients across the soil as they move along. They're a vital part of the world's ecosystem. In fact, before we figured out how to turn fossil fuels into fertilizer, cow shit was the only way you could consistently grow vegetables.

Ruminants are an important part of our ecosystem. You will find them at any square inch of the planet that has grass. Before 'big beef', there was an equivalent, or maybe even greater number of wild buffalo on this continent.

Of course this is all forgotten when we live in cities and disconnect ourselves from the cycle of life in nature.

As far as acidic smelling urine goes, that's a marker of too much protein OR ketosis. In my world, the more acetone-smelling the urine, the better. Since urine is a waste product.. if you are eating a super high fat & protein diet and your urine doesn't smell like paint stripper, you have a very serious issue, as the body is retaining metabolic byproducts it shouldn't.

The opposite is true for a diabetic eating a high carbohydrate diet. If the urine is not sweet, you are in grave danger, as you have a scary and likely deadly buildup of glucose and other metabolic waste..

Take advice from a dietician or doctor before you damage your health with crank diets. Not a nutritionist. Not "some guy" on the internets.

Speaking of urine, they cant get prescription medications out of the water treatment plant before its dumped back into the river or ocean. Places like Quebec and Victoria BC just dump it straight into the ocean. Not many of the population is unmedicated, the drug companies and paid off politicians made sure of that!

the sweet smell was from diabetes. that disappeared when i tried the ultra-low fat that those 2 twins wrote a book about. so now that my diabetes is cured, i noticed that ammonia smell after a high protein meal. Last night, for the 2nd time i split the bean dish- 1/2 w/pasta at 3pm and 1/2 at 5pm w/banana and 1 slice no fat home made bread w/jam, and NO ammonia smell :bigthumb:
there are people w/diabetes that have been warned that ultra-low fat could kill them! :roll: But the girls pointed out that it was only for a test, to clear out excess fat. 80% of diabetics are fat. Have you ever heard of a fat person that starved to death? Total nonsense! Yet people believe it. Humans run on glucose, and stored fat when glucose is not available.
think how it was in ancient times. people ate what was available, and did not even know that a banana had only 4% fat. How would they know that? They just ate the banana. Now Dr Oz warns "don't eat more than 1 or 2 bananas" Well i ate 3 two days in a row :lol: like it is going to kill me. A guy here warned me not to eat pineapple :roll: ate 1/4 before my bike ride and set a 30 year record. Some things are such nonsense, it makes me laugh :lol: But, if somebody has an actual problem with a food, say they break out in hives, THEN they should AVOID that food. I have a problem with FATS, any kind of fat. It causes me to get diabetes T2. I tried just 1/2 ounce of PB a day for a week, and i had to quit :roll: 75% FAT. I came up with my own test since i don't like being stuck with a needle. Since the #1 symptom is fatigue, i see how far i can pedal my bike. 8)
Anyone that has pre-diabetes or DT2 and wants to reverse it watch these 2 videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiMNadxWgk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snc4olJ_4xI

Sounds like you entered ketosis again.

I've been in ketosis for 6 years now. The interesting thing that happens over the long run is that the ketone smell goes away. Because your body learns how to efficiently utilize all the products of fat metabolism. Especially the ketones ( ketones are like diesel fuel; glucose is like rocket fuel. Pissing out either means you're running too rich.. :lol: ).

It's been noted that the native eskimos who eat a blubber and meat diet ( with the occasional berry during summer ) urinate much less than the 0.5 mmol threshold of what you'd call 'mild ketosis'.

measuring-ketosis-with-ketone-strips-.jpg

..and since the eskimos don't keel over from low blood sugar, we know that ketosis is happening, and so is gluconeogenesis ( the synthesis of glucose from fat ).

I find it interesting that you try to eat a super low fat diet but readily enter ketosis by accident. I think your body may be very aggressive at metabolizing your own fat because of the fat deficit.

A person with a high degree of insulin resistance would be woken up at 3am for a trip to the fridge, and every time blood sugar ran low during the day, it's time for a snack.. which is why they have a tendency to eat a lot before bed. It's also why they continually snack throughout the day. Because their bodies cannot switch over to fat.

What's interesting is that you and me can readily enter a high degree of ketosis eating the literal opposite diets.

On an ultra low fat diet, you are probably synthesizing just enough fat to keep your body rebuilding itself, in the same way that on my ultra high fat diet, i synthesize just enough glucose for my brain and other organs to operate.

Nep
as i understand it, if you eat blubber you might not get diabetes. Blubber has omega 3 fatty acid, and is an essential fat for humans. It does not cause insulin resistance like saturated fat and Monounsaturated fat. I did not know you eat like an eskimo. 8) Just 2 Q's where do you get your blubber and how do you prepare it to eat :?:
(I do add flax meal for fat, as this is mostly omega-3, so i am not starving for fat) I'm still figuring out how much i need, however.

I tried to, just the other one gets the groceries so lots of pasta's and bread. I've cut down, am good during the day... usually, but at night time the food addict comes out full rage. :lol:

neptronix said:
Sounds like you entered ketosis again.
I've been in ketosis for 6 years now.

I cannot find any breakdown of the fat content in a whale. I would imagine it's mostly monounsaturated and saturated fat. Omega 3 is probably a sizeable component due to the whale's diet.

Insulin is produced in response to carbohydrates - it is a hormone that prompts fat storage and sometimes muscle growth as well, and converts blood glucose into more readily useable forms. That's the purpose of insulin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin#Release

Small amounts of insulin can be produced due to leftover glycogen in muscle meat and organs, but there is nothing in fat itself that can prompt the body to produce more insulin. This is one reason why a ketogenic diet is heavy on fat as a macronutrient - if it was too high in protein, it would not work as well. ( and that would also be kidney torture )

But if you ate a rabbit starvation diet ( all lean meat ), you'd still be very disappointed at how high of blood sugar and corresponding insulin it can produce.

Carbohydrate takes the shortest energy path, which is why it is the best fuel for very high intensity activities ( weight lifting, sprinting, fighting ), because the path from dietary or body fat to glucose is a long winding road... sort of like an old saggy lithium battery.

I eat a meat based diet with loads of fat but when i'm lifting weights, i take a small, tightly measured amount of dextrose for maximum power, burn it all off, and am back in ketosis within an hour. A body builder who has been doing keto for 12 years taught me that trick, and it's the best of both worlds.

Nep
can you walk or bike every other day for 1 hour without extreme fatigue? If you can, then you don't have diabetes. Maybe you were mis-diagnosed, or it has healed 8)
Could even be 1/2 hour twice a day.
Unless you have other more severe- like blindness, gout, amputations.
You have to have symptoms, not just slightly elevated blood sugar.
:!:

Matt Gruber said:
can you walk or bike every other day for 1 hour without extreme fatigue? If you can, then you don't have diabetes.

I've spent 5 hours consecutive riding a non-electric bike just the other day day, and then the next day, i was out for another 2 hours riding acoustic.

I think i could have done the same before, but i would have constantly had to re-up carbs every 30 minutes to an hour, otherwise i'd feel like i was dead. I could not switch over to running on my own body fat. When i came home, i was ravenously hungry and had zero energy until i ate.. after just an hour of riding an ebike! ( but i was also >100lbs heavier! )

Matt Gruber said:
Maybe you were mis-diagnosed, or it has healed 8)

I met all the diagnostic criteria for type 2 diabetes.. all the symptoms.. jaw dropping a1c.. super elevated glucose.
Most notably was the constant urination and thirst.. double vision.. and rollercoaster energy levels.

I'm "healed" as long as my broken metabolic pathway is never really stressed. I have better insulin sensitivity today, but it's short lived, and my raging appetite comes back when i eat carbs; then it becomes impossible to not eat a surplus of calories because i eventually run out of willpower to the constant hunger feelings. It would be nice if i was fixed, but i know i'm not.

I have never seen another low carber actually be healed. Every time they try to go back to 'regular eating', they gain weight and get sick again.

I think the best analogy to this is being an ex alcoholic. You know that alcohol is trouble for you, and that you can never control your drinking. You can decided to never drink a drop of alcohol again and live a normal life, but you're still an alcoholic.

The things that did heal were nerves, joints, my eyes, and best of all, my heart.

Matt Gruber said:
Unless you have other more severe- like blindness, gout, amputations.

You can go decades with massively constantly elevated blood glucose shredding your small blood vessels before you go blind, lose a limb, develop peripheral neuropathy, lose a kidney, etc. I likely met the threshold for diagnosis long before i started seeing the signs. I certainly had the body shape of a type 2 diabetic.

nep
Thanks for the details.
Did you ever have you fasting c-peptide ? This checks the pancreas for insulin output.
Your symptoms are very different, it is hard for me to see how they lump such diverse symptoms into 1 disease.
I did come across another corvette guy DT2 who said "any exercise is out of the question" .................. which sounds almost like me 2 or 3 months ago. I'm asking him to try what is working fantastic for me 8)

Nep
watch josh's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30Cw1IFXkw
he could not walk to his mail box, now he runs marathons 8)

Matt Gruber said:
Did you ever have you fasting c-peptide ? This checks the pancreas for insulin output.
Your symptoms are very different, it is hard for me to see how they lump such diverse symptoms into 1 disease.

I don't remember any c-peptide numbers. But insulin production is not my problem ( otherwise i wouldn't be so good at gaining weight ). What my body does with insulin is the problem. The insulin response is all screwed.

Constantly elevated blood glucose has a negative effect on almost every organ in the body. People with type 2 diabetes who go on a carb-free diet typically remark that they're cured from a wide variety of illnesses. But these were just side effects of too much circulating glucose. So when you hear me saying this 'n that was cured.... it was probably either just vitamin deficiencies, or not putting something into my body that acts like a poison.

I am probably the opposite of your starch eating hero. Rarer than type 2 diabetes is issues with fat and cholesterol metabolism. Normal people don't have strokes at 18 years old. That's someone with a metabolism that's on the opposite end of the spectrum as me.

glucose-tolerance-test_1.jpg

Here's something that might interest you. Without any data, i'd assume you are the red line and i'm the green line. An average American eating a 'standard american diet' will be somewhere between normal and 'impaired glucose tolerance' as they get older and older, which is why they get fatter.

But the person with the overactive thyroid aka 'fast metabolism' has to worry more about keeping weight ON than off..

diabetes-blood-sugar-chart.jpg

The green line is an extreme diabetic. Look what happens here. The dose of glucose is the same, the response is on another plane. It's gonna be many hours before the flood of insulin converts the glucose into something the body uses. This person probably constantly eats, because their bodies are starving for fuel. They're starving... yet, they keep gaining weight. The insulin is finally getting to work around the time they hit the hay, and since energy demand is low during sleeping, that insulin goes and turns the sugar into fat, as a means of getting it out of the blood.

It's like running an engine rich, yet paradoxically, you don't make more horsepower.
So you take your insulin so all that fuel makes power and you feel good.. until your insulin tolerance gets worse and worse and there's no amount you can shoot into your veins that will do the job.

Matt Gruber said:
I did come across another corvette guy DT2 who said "any exercise is out of the question" .................. which sounds almost like me 2 or 3 months ago. I'm asking him to try what is working fantastic for me 8)

'any excersize is out of the question' sounds like a self imposed death sentence.. i'm sure you feel a crapton better getting moving. I think older people need exercise way more than younger people.

Back