Deal of the year

soldham

10 W
After years of waiting I found a deal on a kmx trike. I had to drive 8hrs. To go and get it but after a long drive $250.00 and a tank of gas later hear it is. Next going to order the kmx front and rear suspension Kits and the rear drop out kit. Will have this electrified in no time can't wait.20190629_200620-3096x2322-2322x1742-1741x1306.jpg

I would drive quite a ways to get a KMX for 250 bucks. good job.

I'd put a 20" rear hub on it, and a trailer hitch.

Was this trike for sale in Missouri by chance? If so, it may have been the same one I saw on craigslist for $250.

I'd recommend replacing the stock rims with something of higher quality, or else you will be breaking a lot of spokes. This will require building a new wheel off of the KMX proprietary front hubs. I had some Velocity USA double-walled rims laced up to the hubs and haven't broken a single spoke in almost 20,000 miles, but before I did that, spokes were getting broken on a weekly basis.

Keep in mind that I have yet to put a motor on mine. Given that you are ordering the dropout kit, this implies you will be using a CroMotor which is what the dropouts were intended to work with. The speeds a Cromotor is going to allow will greatly increase the forces acting on your rims versus what mine have experienced. You might want to go with 16" moped rims all around.

markz said:
Looks aerodynamic!

It's far from it, and will be even less so with the front suspension added. Build a properly shaped storage box for the back and some wheel discs and it will yield a significant reduction in drag.

A velomobile body shell would do it even better.

Nice score!

Build it up like this?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3e/fb/c9/3efbc98ddea8f3a2f15acaee41392348--electric-motor-electric-bicycle.jpg

Well there's a sweet deal! I love tadpole trikes, and at some point will build one. I have to get through my cruiser, cargo-zoom, and maybe a kickbike builds first though.

Back